Ask me any questions - Part 2

0limshs

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to ask if Tsukiji Fish Market is still around? If not, please recommend some nice places for us worth visiting.

thwysg

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to ask if Tsukiji Fish Market is still around? If not, please recommend some nice places for us worth visiting.

Outer Market is still around. Fish and vegetables section moved to Toyosu. Try to read up more from JNTO or Japan Guide.

Nobody knows which places are nice to you. Everyone has his own definition on “nice places”.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I going tokyo Jan next year for winter.. Does anyone know which ski resort where i can snow sledge with kids... Is it cheaper to go by myself if i have the 7 days shinkansen ..

beside Gala... anywhere got nearer one? or Gala is the most accessible one?

thwysg

Reaction score
I going tokyo Jan next year for winter.. Does anyone know which ski resort where i can snow sledge with kids... Is it cheaper to go by myself if i have the 7 days shinkansen ..

beside Gala... anywhere got nearer one? or Gala is the most accessible one?

Karuizawa? Gala is quite convenient too if you’ve got the pass. Tokyo Wide Pass is cheaper compared to a 7D Pass if you’re just staying within Tokyo for the whole trip.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Karuizawa? Gala is quite convenient too if you’ve got the pass. Tokyo Wide Pass is cheaper compared to a 7D Pass if you’re just staying within Tokyo for the whole trip.

I going osaka also thus i bought the 7 day pass.. that ime got promotion my 7 days pass only $300

0limshs

Reaction score
Outer Market is still around. Fish and vegetables section moved to Toyosu. Try to read up more from JNTO or Japan Guide.

Nobody knows which places are nice to you. Everyone has his own definition on “nice places”.

Noted with thanks.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another question if.. Going to ski resort just to play sledge and play snow.. Do we need to rent their outfit? Or own down jacket is enough?as long as waterproof and waterproof pants?

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another question if.. Going to ski resort just to play sledge and play snow.. Do we need to rent their outfit? Or own down jacket is enough?as long as waterproof and waterproof pants?
If you have your own water resistant winter clothing then just wear that, no need to specially rent ski clothes.

Even if your winter clothing not water resistant also OK actually.

iphone88

Reaction score
I never been to Japan.
Which month I should go?
Plan to see flowers and snow.
Please give me advice.
Thanks a lot.

thwysg

Reaction score
I never been to Japan.
Which month I should go?
Plan to see flowers and snow.
Please give me advice.
Thanks a lot.

What kind of flowers are you looking at? Snow? To play in the snow or just see snow?

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hokkaido, u can see sakura and still head to the snow resort for snow, only thing is the snow isn't as powdery as in the start of winter

tr4v3l

Reaction score
I am travelling to Nagoya and Kansai Dec 22. I plan to puchase Takayama Hokuriku tourist pass. Can anyone help to clarify:
1. Wide hida train, has place to put big luggage? I plan to go Takayama direct once landed at Nagoya
2. As dec is high season, I want to secure bus reservation from/to Takayama Shirakawa. Can I reserve Nohi bus by phone? Or must be at the ticket counter?

Thanks

yukino

Reaction score
Just back from Tokyo. We were staying at Hotel Mystay @ gotanda station. Although 3 star hotel but decent room for family of 4. JR station is just 2-3 mins walk. Affordable place if you don't mind a few stations away from shinjuku and Tokyo station.
Hakone is a very nice place. Beside the usual route. We also went to sengokuhara grass field. It is a very nice place.

Sent from HUAWEI VKY-L29 using GAGT

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just back from Tokyo. We were staying at Hotel Mystay @ gotanda station. Although 3 star hotel but decent room for family of 4. JR station is just 2-3 mins walk. Affordable place if you don't mind a few stations away from shinjuku and Tokyo station.
Hakone is a very nice place. Beside the usual route. We also went to sengokuhara grass field. It is a very nice place.

Sent from HUAWEI VKY-L29 using GAGT

Thanks for mentioning the grass field, seems like a nice place to stop by for a short while to admire its beauty. Shall go check on how to get there.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for mentioning the grass field, seems like a nice place to stop by for a short while to admire its beauty. Shall go check on how to get there.

When you going??

I think late oct - early nov has the best view thou..We pass by from Gotemba during that period but was too dark to alight.. We actually pass by earlier on enroute to Gotemba from Togendai.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When you going??

I think late oct - early nov has the best view thou..We pass by from Gotemba during that period but was too dark to alight.. We actually pass by earlier on enroute to Gotemba from Togendai.

23 may. Got what colours to see then??

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
23 may. Got what colours to see then??

Never been to Japan in May but autumn offers the best colours for pampas field..Kinda regret nv alight from the bus on the way to Gotemba..But anyway, just take the bus to passby and take a look lor..

5218_01.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.