 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

PetPet

Reaction score
HK’s Octopus is ready, but seems like they’re on an exclusive partnership with Samsung Pay at the moment so we might have to wait it out.

As for S’pore, there might be a higher chance of NETS FlashPay having the infrastructure to support this card emulation since it might have better control over its interfaces and backend cloud server and might be able to move faster as a private entity.

They didn't move a single bit when Apple and Android Pay was introduced. They're still stuck in their own ecosystem where they are waiting for others to adopt to their standards.

Till date, their cards are still incompatible with Apple and Android Pay. It's been more than 3 years.

Edit: Actually they did move, they moved backwards towards QR codes because the others are doing it. And then have their service crash on the first day because they couldn't cope with demand

Last edited:

Slavor

Reaction score
Will be applying for a new ATM card with NETs contactless function to use this, since my DBS passion card master card has failed.

Still hoping for Apple pay to be working better.

https://www.facebook.com/132581033478808/posts/2347087655361457/

#DidYouKnow that over 100,000 users have participated in our Account-Based Ticketing (ABT) pilot with Mastercard since Mar 2017?

With this success, we’ll be expanding the pilot to NETS and Visa cardholders in Dec 2018! #YesWeHeardYou

From 3 Dec, NETS contactless bank cardholders can register their interest to join the pilot at www.nets.com.sg/netsintransit; while an invited group of employees from Visa and participating banks can register at the TransitLink ABT Portal (www.transitlink.com.sg/ABT).

With #ABT, commuters can enjoy the convenience of a “tap and go” fare payment experience with just their contactless credit/debit cards. And best of all, #NoNeedToTopUp! ;) #SmartMobility

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/132581033478808/posts/2347087655361457/

#DidYouKnow that over 100,000 users have participated in our Account-Based Ticketing (ABT) pilot with Mastercard since Mar 2017?

With this success, we’ll be expanding the pilot to NETS and Visa cardholders in Dec 2018! #YesWeHeardYou

From 3 Dec, NETS contactless bank cardholders can register their interest to join the pilot at www.nets.com.sg/netsintransit; while an invited group of employees from Visa and participating banks can register at the TransitLink ABT Portal (www.transitlink.com.sg/ABT).

With #ABT, commuters can enjoy the convenience of a “tap and go” fare payment experience with just their contactless credit/debit cards. And best of all, #NoNeedToTopUp! ;) #SmartMobility

Anyone tried?

Last edited:

ClarkKent

Reaction score
I just tried with a dbs visa card 4119 11. It works. I wasn't invited.

From what they stated, seems like VISA trial is only for invited VISA and banks employees only for now. Did you receive any invite from VISA or your bank?

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten VISA to work with the ABT trial? My front four digits, 4628, isn’t working.

Mine works.

"Thank you for registering* your contactless card for the Account-Based Ticketing (ABT) Pilot.

From 08-Dec-2018, if you have a contactless card with CEPAS feature, please proceed to the nearest General Ticketing Machine (GTM) located at train stations to switch the payment mode of your card to contactless payment, by placing it on the reader and following the onscreen prompts.

If your card does not support CEPAS, you can use it from 08-Dec-2018, to pay for bus and train rides."

chinnian

Reaction score
My DBS credit with EZ-Reload function doesn't work.
Another one without works.
Not sure if EZ-Reload is the cause of being rejected.

akrguy

Reaction score
IMO it's because someone else with a card bearing the same first 6 digits and last 4 digits has been invited.

For those who are not invited, you might try your luck by entering other numbers. You would be redirected to payment page where you could enter your actual card number.

ngsoonle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So this is not for registration of Apple Pay for iPhones and Apple Watch? Already have ABT registered since last trial..

chinnian

Reaction score
IMO it's because someone else with a card bearing the same first 6 digits and last 4 digits has been invited.

For those who are not invited, you might try your luck by entering other numbers. You would be redirected to payment page where you could enter your actual card number.

Just did this. It worked. Thanks!

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Mine works.

"Thank you for registering* your contactless card for the Account-Based Ticketing (ABT) Pilot.

From 08-Dec-2018, if you have a contactless card with CEPAS feature, please proceed to the nearest General Ticketing Machine (GTM) located at train stations to switch the payment mode of your card to contactless payment, by placing it on the reader and following the onscreen prompts.

If your card does not support CEPAS, you can use it from 08-Dec-2018, to pay for bus and train rides."

Sorry guys, it worked for me all these while. I was only entering 4 digits for the front instead of the required 6 digits. My head keep thinking it's only 4 digits until I realise that BIN is the front 6 digits.

I tried with my DBS card, can't go through. So, maybe the last digits matter too.

It worked for all my VISA cards now.

4119 11
4628 45

Both are DBS BIN.

* BIN stands for Bank Identification Number for those who may not be aware.

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does this mean that once I’ve my credit card registered, I can use my card for MRT/bus rides?

Supposing that I add the card to my Apple Wallet, I can use my phone to tap when boarding/alighting from buses?

Sorry for the noob questions & thanks in advance guys.

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does this mean that once I’ve my credit card registered, I can use my card for MRT/bus rides?

You have to wait for a few days for the card to be able to convert to using your bank account. Follow the instructions in your email that they have sent you after registration.

Supposing that I add the card to my Apple Wallet, I can use my phone to tap when boarding/alighting from buses?

I am not sure if this is still available as LTA seemed to have stopped registration for mobile ABT.

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You have to wait for a few days for the card to be able to convert to using your bank account. Follow the instructions in your email that they have sent you after registration.

I am not sure if this is still available as LTA seemed to have stopped registration for mobile ABT.

Thanks for your help bro.

Received the email alr. Have to wait till 09 Dec before the conversion can be done.

Went to a GTM, feature hasn’t been implemented yet. Customer service wasn’t able to assist as well.

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help bro.

Received the email alr. Have to wait till 09 Dec before the conversion can be done.

Went to a GTM, feature hasn’t been implemented yet. Customer service wasn’t able to assist as well.
Yup. Mine is also on the 9th, but since I have done this previously using my MasterCards, just try going to a GTM tomorrow and see if you can start switching. At max I waited is 2 days only, based on previous experiences. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.