Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

jianlee

Master Member
Reaction score
:eek:

CIMB safe a nt LOL

cant move my $$ there.. stuck.
Btw, min for citibank 15k to avoid bank charge?

CIMB is very safe Singapore regulated bank. I have been with them for many year.

Internet banking may looks bit dated but it is fast and simple to understand.

Plus they have a branch in Orchard rd that opens till 8pm at nite.

Only thing to note is their FAST transfer is still limited to 50K /day.

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
K N N !!!

fa19de8c-5826-4250-8a4e-61fce07ef34a.png

bulZ4rF.jpg

rJLBCBe.jpg

AbBnxMJ.jpg

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok la considering fact sibor has been rising, effectively still around 2.4% with stepup

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If I close within 6month, I must pay $50 ah!?

Globe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have to go to the main bank to close account right? Those citi under the mrt say cannot close.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2 using GAGT

i called and the cso said empty the account and call their hotline for immediate closure.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
so sad.. only able to earn 3mth so next yr..

15K can get how much interest?

RangerSnake

Reaction score
If you are still at low counter, not worth it to maintain 70k earning low interest. By the time you reach the max counter, they may change their T&C again.

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are still at low counter, not worth it to maintain 70k earning low interest. By the time you reach the max counter, they may change their T&C again.

Everyone has to start somewhere, best to start now. It took 3 years before they changed the TnC. Early adopters like me already earned 2+% interest for the last 2 years. If you don't start, you won't get anywhere.

Purplestars

Master Member
Reaction score
Everyone has to start somewhere, best to start now. It took 3 years before they changed the TnC. Early adopters like me already earned 2+% interest for the last 2 years. If you don't start, you won't get anywhere.

Many other options availabile, 70k is a huge opportunity cost.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many other options availabile, 70k is a huge opportunity cost.

the opportunity cost is 15k , not 70k. maybe even less if u dont mind the fall below fees.

opinion is even if they change the TnC, they will try to keep it within ~2-2.5% total ... only not worth it if u know u wont be able to have 70k even after one year when the counters are maxed.

Globe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
usually when you guys want to make a withdrawal on this account, is there a good period (ie 2nd , 3rd week) so that the interest is not affected too much ... even though i planning to close this before end of the year.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
usually when you guys want to make a withdrawal on this account, is there a good period (ie 2nd , 3rd week) so that the interest is not affected too much ... even though i planning to close this before end of the year.

Can only withdraw interest that has already been credited if want to keep the counter.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.