View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 08:49 AM   #2526
liemsc

Any particular reason to stay in Arthur Pass? If not, then go straight to Hokikta, or you can visit Greymouth if you want.

Not doing any activities in FJG? If you doing, then cater 3d2n as weather may cause some activity to cancel. 2n in Wanaka is ok, but note that going from FJG to Wanaka takes around whole day (see my previous post), so you only have one day to explore in Wanaka unless you intend not to stop from FJG to Wanaka which kinda defeat the purpose of going to NZ.

Your last couple of days staying at Glentanner and Geraldine got any reason? If not can compress and stay at Kimbell/Tekapo area so don't need to keep changing hotel?
Let me first share that we're going on a campervan, with 2 young children. Hence I'm trying to take it easy, not to travel too far each day, and staying at holiday parks so that they can play (otherwise they will be bored with sightseeing and walks). So that kinda explains some of your questions above

Staying in Arthur Pass -> is actually Jackson's Retreat Holiday Park.
FJG -> only going for West Coast Widllife center. Will do a bit of walk in Fox Glacier. Not doing any flight/heli stuffs.
Yes, will stop along the way from Fox Glacier to Wanaka (Lake Matheson, Moeraki, some waterfalls, Blue Pools).

For the 1 full day in Wanaka, currently I have planned for the "Puzzling World", Wanaka Tree, and a bit of walk in Mount Iron track (not the whole track). Anything else to be done in Wanaka?

Glentanner is again an extension of Mt Cook stay (as the previous day will be roughing it out in White Horse Hill campground
Geraldine is for the farmstay experience.

Thanks for your feedback!
liemsc is offline   Reply With Quote