2018 iPad Pro

Parka

Master Member
Reaction score
eBay also has replacement Apple Pencil tips, but significantly cheaper than Apple's price.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eBay also has replacement Apple Pencil tips, but significantly cheaper than Apple's price.

Try to be careful with third party tips cos it might scratch the surface of the display more easily.

hmsweethm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought a usb A to usb c adapter, thinking of using the original UsbC cable and this adapter to charge the iPad Pro 12.9”.
But don’t work.
Went to challenger and tried another 2 usb a to usb c cable of brand Hoco and cannot charge at all.
Then Customer service recommended Mazer(sg designed)
Able to charge the iPad Pro.

Otv7VqRm.jpg

4BSvwezm.jpg

tjFj8u5m.jpg

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought a usb A to usb c adapter, thinking of using the original UsbC cable and this adapter to charge the iPad Pro 12.9”.
But don’t work.
Went to challenger and tried another 2 usb a to usb c cable of brand Hoco and cannot charge at all.
Then Customer service recommended Mazer(sg designed)
Able to charge the iPad Pro.

Otv7VqRm.jpg

4BSvwezm.jpg

tjFj8u5m.jpg

Had the same issue as you. Bought an Omar's cable but couldn't charge the iPad. Unfortunately for me I ripped up the box so couldn't do a change.

hmsweethm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had the same issue as you. Bought an Omar's cable but couldn't charge the iPad. Unfortunately for me I ripped up the box so couldn't do a change.
U face the same issue too?! Wonder how they pass the quality check.
Quite shocked that the cables don’t work.
So for the rest, better test the cable on the spot so that u don’t need to make another trip back.

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U face the same issue too?! Wonder how they pass the quality check.
Quite shocked that the cables don’t work.
So for the rest, better test the cable on the spot so that u don’t need to make another trip back.

I think it's a known issue with usb-c. I watched a video where they say that usb-c is the name of the shape of the connector. But the connection/circuit inside is varying. That's when you will get issues like cheap cables unable to charge ipad

Parka

Master Member
Reaction score
Wah...contrary to the bro who said cannot...
Any reliable sources to confirm?

I have Apple Pencil 1 and 2. The tips are interchangeable. They have same shape, size and screw thread.

Only difference is Pencil 2 tip is matte surface and Pencil 1 has slight gloss.

audioenslave

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking to let go my apple pencil 2 and smart folio case 12.9” 2018 frm apple since did not get to utilise it much..anyone keen can pm me

alan_shearer

Reaction score
Bros anyone has problems connecting “older” Bluetooth devices to the new iPad Pro?

I have a Logitech R500 remote presenter that worked with the iPad Pro 10.5 (Bluetooth 4.2) but it cannot pair with the new iPad Pro 11...

Anyone has experience ?

0400392G

Reaction score
Bros anyone has problems connecting “older” Bluetooth devices to the new iPad Pro?

I have a Logitech R500 remote presenter that worked with the iPad Pro 10.5 (Bluetooth 4.2) but it cannot pair with the new iPad Pro 11...

Anyone has experience ?

Me too. The same presenter. I thought was a problem with my logitech presenter. Worked with my older ipad pro. Am glad I am not the only one.

Wonder if there is a solution to it

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
Thinking to let go my apple pencil 2 and smart folio case 12.9********* 2018 frm apple since did not get to utilise it much..anyone keen can pm me

Wow that's fast. Don't want to keep it awhile longer to see whether you'll use it?

Posted from PCWX using Posted from The Panda's Lair

alan_shearer

Reaction score
Wow, that means it’s really the Bluetooth compatibility. Sucks man...time to look for a new presenter cause I ain’t going back to the 10.5 because of this...

What about you bro?

Me too. The same presenter. I thought was a problem with my logitech presenter. Worked with my older ipad pro. Am glad I am not the only one.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score

alan_shearer

Reaction score
Found a “temp fix” bro. Use the Apple USB-C to HDMI adapter that has a USB-A port. Plug the USB adapter from the Logitech presenter into the USB-A port. The presenter will work now although not via Bluetooth but via USB.

Works for me because whenever I am presenting I always bring the Apple adapter along to connect to HDMI.

RT_3135

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the 29W or 30W charger to charge the ipad pro 2018 12.9? Is it faster? I am considering if its worth it to purchase this charger from apple for fast charging. Thank you.

dlubis

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the 29W or 30W charger to charge the ipad pro 2018 12.9? Is it faster? I am considering if its worth it to purchase this charger from apple for fast charging. Thank you.

Should be. Currently I'm using 61W or 87W from my MacBookPro, for sure it is a fast charging. Just hoping the battery is ok with such big chargers.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.