NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

nooz17

Reaction score
You applied during the Aug-sept window right?
Which subject and when did you receive the shortlisted email?
I applied for PE and I received the shortlisted email on 26 Nov.

yup i did. mine is for el, received the email on 28 nov.

Sarahlara

Reaction score
AOD on 20 Dec 2018

I have been following this thread since the start of the year and it has helped to elevate my worries regarding the long waiting time and processes involved in the MOE application. So I decided to contribute to this thread to help others who might be having the anxiety. Hang in there! :D

Here is my timeline:

Submit Application: 17 Jan 2018
Application Window: 1-21 Feb 2018
Interview: 12 Mar 2018
Medical: Asked to complete by 14 May 2018
Possible offer of Appointment: 5 Sep 2018
Appointment Briefing: 27 Sep 2018
Notification of school posting: 4 Dec 2018

Anyone has similar timeline as me?
I just realised I havent done the PS Card photo taking at CISCO and does anyone know when we are supposed to contact the principal of the school we are posted to? Is it on AOD date or should I contact now? But its still the school holidays.

Rtcninty2

Reaction score
I have been following this thread since the start of the year and it has helped to elevate my worries regarding the long waiting time and processes involved in the MOE application. So I decided to contribute to this thread to help others who might be having the anxiety. Hang in there! :D

Here is my timeline:

I just realised I havent done the PS Card photo taking at CISCO and does anyone know when we are supposed to contact the principal of the school we are posted to? Is it on AOD date or should I contact now? But its still the school holidays.

How long did it take for the medical email to come in after you receive the shortlisted email?

Rtcninty2

Reaction score
6 Apr shortlisted email.
3 May medical email.

A month.. Its a long process.. Which stage are you at now?

Shortlisted email. By right this window is suppose to commence in Feb. So i’m not sure when should I expect the medical email. Or if the medical email will come at all. :(

huangsandra

Reaction score

Here is my timeline:

You waited so long from medical to appointment, nearly 4 months. I finished my medical check up in the early Oct, now still waiting for the information about appointment. Hope can finish my waiting soon.

nejezs

Reaction score

Here is my timeline:

Hello! You should contact the principal of your school as soon as you receive the posting notification as the first day of the training coincides with the day you should report to the school. Just need to inform them that you have to attend the training and can only report to the school on 28th afternoon (for my case).

Anyway, what’s your core subjects and the school you’re posted to? :)

Mamimo

Reaction score
Sarahlara, are you a fresh grad or a mid career change?
That’s a really huge gap from medical to posting!

I left my job due to some issues and it definitely looks like I have to get a temp one if the normal timeline is this Long!!

Here is my timeline:

Mamimo

Reaction score
I think during the interview they indicated that “the earliest starting date is in Feb” but prbly its just a way to buy them Time because they don’t commit to the latest starting date? 😰

Shortlisted email. By right this window is suppose to commence in Feb. So i’m not sure when should I expect the medical email. Or if the medical email will come at all. :(

Sarahlara

Reaction score
You waited so long from medical to appointment, nearly 4 months. I finished my medical check up in the early Oct, now still waiting for the information about appointment. Hope can finish my waiting soon.

Yes... Its very long.. I was so worried what if I was unsuccessful after all the wait..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.