iPhone XS Esim question

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Finally 12.1.1 can turn on and off individual lines.

4UsR0z7.jpg

obichacha

Reaction score
I heard you can simple scan or capture the QR code for re-activate by your own, why need to pay?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is $37.50 a one time charge?

I was reading the FAQ earlier:

What are the charges for eSIM?
Existing SIM card charges of $37.45 will apply.

What are the replacement charges for eSIM?
Current SIM card charges of $37.45 will apply.

What happens if I accidentally delete my eSIM profile on my device?
You may access My M1 App on another device and retrieve the QR code via the App Settings and re-scan the QR code using your intended device. Please note that an eSIM re-activation fee of $5 will apply.

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT209171

"Check your plans
Your iPhone must be unlocked, or both cellular plans must be from the same carrier.
Both plans must be set up and ready to use.
Your carrier or carriers must support Dual SIM with an eSIM.
If a CDMA carrier provides your first SIM, your second SIM won't support CDMA. Contact your carrier for more information."

Erm...so eSIM and the nano SIM must be from same operator? Cannot eSIM is M1, nano SIM is SingTel etc?

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
wahh.. all money ! suppose to be convenient but yet they charge for every connection.

but why is there replacement charge ?

coloumbiaGames

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT209171

"Check your plans
Your iPhone must be unlocked, or both cellular plans must be from the same carrier.
Both plans must be set up and ready to use.
Your carrier or carriers must support Dual SIM with an eSIM.
If a CDMA carrier provides your first SIM, your second SIM won't support CDMA. Contact your carrier for more information."

Erm...so eSIM and the nano SIM must be from same operator? Cannot eSIM is M1, nano SIM is SingTel etc?

Applies to phone that is locked. Doesn't apply to SG.

zeroboi

Reaction score
i dont see the e-sim option on the updated MyM1 app on iOS 12.1.1, anybody also having this issue?

alan_shearer

Reaction score
I meant whether the $37.50 is a one time charge or recurring. I Guess it should be one time charge. If recurring then flip table liao ....

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I meant whether the $37.50 is a one time charge or recurring. I Guess it should be one time charge. If recurring then flip table liao ....

I don't see why it should be a recurring charge, should be one-time only.

It's like paying for a new SIM card.

nick3384me

Reaction score
according to CSO, today is just soft run for new sign up or recontract customers, for existing customer still have to wait

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
according to CSO, today is just soft run for new sign up or recontract customers, for existing customer still have to wait

Thanks for the info.

I hope they'll not charge existing customer for switching to eSIM, otherwise...

Imagine paying to switch to eSIM which will render the physical SIM inactive. Then one day the iPhone decides to "take a break", so are they going to charge a SIM card fee so user can use a spare phone? :s11:

obichacha

Reaction score
Do you think they are free for you?
Previously change to nano Sim they charge for $15-30, I am almost forget.

Thanks for the info.

I hope they'll not charge existing customer for switching to eSIM, otherwise...

Imagine paying to switch to eSIM which will render the physical SIM inactive. Then one day the iPhone decides to "take a break", so are they going to charge a SIM card fee so user can use a spare phone? :s11:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.