Huawei Mate 20

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the tempered glass from sls gwmobile?

Is it good?

I tried before. Their work station so messy and dirty. The person who did my phone tried a few glasses but kept having some dust inside. I also realised because of the multiple installations there’s glue slipped onto my earpiece receiver. The guy insisted it was not done by him. Zzz. Lucky I managed to remove the dried glue on my own without damaging my phone.

Never gonna go to them neither will I ever recommend them at all.

kirium76

Reaction score
I tried before. Their work station so messy and dirty. The person who did my phone tried a few glasses but kept having some dust inside. I also realised because of the multiple installations there’s glue slipped onto my earpiece receiver. The guy insisted it was not done by him. Zzz. Lucky I managed to remove the dried glue on my own without damaging my phone.

Never gonna go to them neither will I ever recommend them at all.
My experience there was not too good either. The tempered glass was hardly cured, at most 15 to 20 secs and passed the phone back to me. And the glue was still leaking at the sides and kena the buttons. Have to wipe continuously to remove the glue in case they got stuck with the buttons. The guy said it's normal for glue to leak wor. But I insisted for him to cure longer so that it won't continue to leak. He did in the end, but somehow reluctant. But he did use some sticker to cover the earpiece for my case :(

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Last edited:

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My experience there was not too good either. The tempered glass was hardly cured, at most 15 to 20 secs and passed the phone back to me. And the glue was still leaking at the sides and kena the buttons. Have to wipe continuously to remove the glue in case they got stuck with the buttons. The guy said it's normal for glue to leak wor. But I insisted for him to cure longer so that it won't continue to leak. He did in the end, but somehow reluctant. But he did use some sticker to cover the earpiece for my case :(

The way they handle the phones is unhygienic and messy. The guy (I believe is the boss) told me he can't control if there's dust below the glass. I was like duh of cos u can, it's because their work station is so messy and dirty. Sure he did use sticker to cover the receiver but that doesn't mean glue can't sip through the sticker. If the glue can sip through wouldn't it mean there's a lot of glue overflowing? It shouldn't be like that.

When he returned the phone to me its like so oily everywhere and I had to tell him to kindly clean up zzz.

Comparing the service standard between gwmobile and rwm is heaven and earth.

Last edited:

kirium76

Reaction score
The way they handle the phones is unhygienic and messy. The guy (I believe is the boss) told me he can't control if there's dust below the glass. I was like duh of cos u can, it's because their work station is so messy and dirty. Sure he did use sticker to cover the receiver but that doesn't mean glue can't sip through the sticker. If the glue can sip through wouldn't it mean there's a lot of glue overflowing? It shouldn't be like that.

When he returned the phone to me its like so oily everywhere and I had to tell him to kindly clean up zzz.

Comparing the service standard between gwmobile and rwm is heaven and earth.
Agree with you that RWM service are much better lo. But RWM current batch of smaller sized glass seem to have some quality issues such as distortion lines under reflected lines and dent marks. Hopefully they can resolve this quickly.

Last edited:

kirium76

Reaction score
anyone buy glass protector from SGfreshidea?
U mean the shop at bedok ah? Used to apply Invisshield for s8 plus and note 8 before. Their service then was quite good with good result. But not sure now leh.

xiaosen

Reaction score
U mean the shop at bedok ah? Used to apply Invisshield for s8 plus and note 8 before. Their service then was quite good with good result. But not sure now leh.

ya the one at bedok, i used to use their protector starting was good but quality getting bad so i not sure mate 20 pro got any improvement.

kirium76

Reaction score
ya the one at bedok, i used to use their protector starting was good but quality getting bad so i not sure mate 20 pro got any improvement.
I didn't know of anyone who went there for the M20p installation. Anyone can share their experience ?

singexpat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just got my set couple days ago and I realised many of my games cannot be played. Either crash during loading or cannot log in (Google play) or crash after one round of play.
Tried reinstalling but still the same and I dun face the same problems with my mate 9.
Any advice please? TIA

Posted from PCWX using MHA-L29

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just got my set couple days ago and I realised many of my games cannot be played. Either crash during loading or cannot log in (Google play) or crash after one round of play.
Tried reinstalling but still the same and I dun face the same problems with my mate 9.
Any advice please? TIA

What games? How can it be so many all cannot play?

RestInPepperoni

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Any advice please? TIA
Do some benchmarks, ur SoC might be faulty, kirin 980 is the fastest chip on the market now so shouldnt have issues. I'm not facing any problems, maybe post what games ure trying to play?

May be we may get the update in next few days.

Non - Telco handsets in SG already got the update
I'm on M1 and no update yet. Any idea how to change the "telco" of ur phone? or does putting in a different SIM work?

Agree with you that RWM service are much better lo. But RWM current batch of smaller sized glass seem to have some quality issues such as distortion lines under reflected lines and dent marks. Hopefully they can resolve this quickly.

RWM service is decent, but this new batch CMI. I asked and they said they dont want to bring back the old one, so for those who want back the old one, help call them also and request for the old one also! Thanks :)

wjx1996

Reaction score
My wife was disappointed with this phone. Screen get heat up and turn green
IMG
wah bro this one hiong leh. Go 313 ba, they sure change for you one.

singexpat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What games? How can it be so many all cannot play?

Do some benchmarks, ur SoC might be faulty, kirin 980 is the fastest chip on the market now so shouldnt have issues. I'm not facing any problems, maybe post what games ure trying to play?

I'm on M1 and no update yet. Any idea how to change the "telco" of ur phone? or does putting in a different SIM work?

RWM service is decent, but this new batch CMI. I asked and they said they dont want to bring back the old one, so for those who want back the old one, help call them also and request for the old one also! Thanks
:)

Eh, brawlstars, homerunclash and this 倩女幽魂
Brawlstars can play one round, then crash instead of going back to home page.
Homerunclash keep having log in problem
And 倩女幽魂 crashes while it's loading to login page

bystander1965

Reaction score
Eh, brawlstars, homerunclash and this 倩女幽魂
Brawlstars can play one round, then crash instead of going back to home page.
Homerunclash keep having log in problem
And 倩女幽魂 crashes while it's loading to login page

Just a guess.
Apps not updated for android pie which requires some changes in apps manifest for example and maybe more.

flyingeagles

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Any advice please? TIA

I play brawl stars also kenna kicked out to home screen after starting new round :(

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

flyingeagles

Reaction score
Anyone feels that the mate 20 Pro very zoomed in at 1x? My Samsung 8+ at 1x zoom also wider than the mate 20 Pro 1x zoom...

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.