Samsung note 9 pie beta out (US, korea and Germany) anyway for SG to try it?

6xiaolun9

Reaction score
https://9to5google.com/2018/12/04/galaxy-note-9-android-pie-one-ui-beta/amp/

Anyone has any idea?

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
https://9to5google.com/2018/12/04/galaxy-note-9-android-pie-one-ui-beta/amp/

Anyone has any idea?

Not officially but if you REALLY want to.. It is possible.

You will need to flash the EU firmware via Odin on a PC, then download the 3 different update.zip files that has been released via OTA for the beta and enter into recovery mode to update via SDcard or ADB with those zip files.

You can only revert back via Odin after downloading the old FW you were on, this WILL wipe all of your device data if you choose to return back to Oreo

6xiaolun9

Reaction score
Thanks, seem like a lot of works.

Sent from PM me SGD $20 ohm Referral Code And USD $10 For Stacksocial Referral Code :) using GAGT

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just finished. quite complicated. need to convert to german version b4 flashing. confirmm plus chop will wipe data. but wont trip knox so its ok.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
just finished. quite complicated. need to convert to german version b4 flashing. confirmm plus chop will wipe data. but wont trip knox so its ok.

If you needed to wipe data to update it. You likely have done it incorrectly and may have changed your device CSC with no way to reverse it back without rooting or visiting Customer Service.

You can actually do so without changing CSC if you used Home_CSC for the CSC file. This will keep your data.

In other words if your CSC is changed, it might not be able to change it back to our country CSC to receive any updates. Samsung Pay might not have our SG promotions and the Samsung Members app for your support might be all in UK region settings.

You can check this in your settings->about device->Software Info and under Service Provider SW ver it should have something like XXX/XXX,XXX/XXX

SG CSC should be either XSP/MM1/STH/SIN for the first 3 XXX

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you needed to wipe data to update it. You likely have done it incorrectly and may have changed your device CSC with no way to reverse it back without rooting or visiting Customer Service.

You can actually do so without changing CSC if you used Home_CSC for the CSC file. This will keep your data.

In other words if your CSC is changed, it might not be able to change it back to our country CSC to receive any updates. Samsung Pay might not have our SG promotions and the Samsung Members app for your support might be all in UK region settings.

You can check this in your settings->about device->Software Info and under Service Provider SW ver it should have something like XXX/XXX,XXX/XXX

SG CSC should be either XSP/MM1/STH/SIN for the first 3 XXX

mine shows STH/STH,STH/XSP

did you flash Pie? does Samsung pay stil work?

i cannot use samsung pay but my other apps are still localised to sinkieland. how to use samsung pay again? I checked my knox tripper and its still 0.

Last edited:

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
mine shows STH/STH,STH/XSP

did you flash Pie? does Samsung pay stil work?

i cannot use samsung pay but my other apps are still localised to sinkieland. how to use samsung pay again? I checked my knox tripper and its still 0.

That good.. still SG CSC tho wiping was not really needed or somewhere you wiped the device.

Yes it works on my device. Knox should never trip unless you flash a custom recovery or custom ROM.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That good.. still SG CSC tho wiping was not really needed or somewhere you wiped the device.

Yes it works on my device. Knox should never trip unless you flash a custom recovery or custom ROM.

senpei. i flashed CSC instead of home_CSC which i think caused my sammy pay to stop working.. how do i fix it w/o wiping data?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.