Cash Subscription of New Units for ETF?

coastfire

Reaction score
Does cash subscription of new units only apply to initial cash offering? I tried asking DBS Vickers, and they told me initial cash offering is over. So no new units will be created from then on?

According to NikkoAM-StraitsTrading Asia ex Japan REIT ETF website:
Cash Subscription of New Units*

For subscription of new units in the Fund, investors need to go through the authorized participating dealers and a minimum of 50,000 units is required.

Maeda_Toshiie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does cash subscription of new units only apply to initial cash offering? I tried asking DBS Vickers, and they told me initial cash offering is over. So no new units will be created from then on?

According to NikkoAM-StraitsTrading Asia ex Japan REIT ETF website:

It just means that if you aren't buying so many at one shot, you just trade normally on the exchange. The market maker will create units for the market when needed.

coastfire

Reaction score
It just means that if you aren't buying so many at one shot, you just trade normally on the exchange. The market maker will create units for the market when needed.

I actually told them I want to buy 50k to 100k so I should hit the minimum as stated on the website. I was hoping by doing this, if it's possible, I won't be subjected to the premium or bid/ask spread set by the market maker.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.