Zotac GPU

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Noticed alot of people trying to off load their Zotac GPU. Any idea why so? Are their products still unreliable?

I have bad exp with their SSD previously and the service centre location is pretty shitty too.

Just curious if i should take the plunge and give it another chance..

Ind1go

Reaction score
The mini gpu was popular for mining as it is small. Maybe that's why they are offloading?

Alexls

Reaction score
you use before?

Yup gtx1060 zotac mini. Always heat up until like 83 degree

I downgraded to r9 280x (4 years old card) and the performance is actually more similar than i thought. And the temperature is better even without rear case fan

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup gtx1060 zotac mini. Always heat up until like 83 degree

I downgraded to r9 280x (4 years old card) and the performance is actually more similar than i thought. And the temperature is better even without rear case fan

oh i thought you used 1070 or 1080 mini

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Overall, the price speaks for itself. Their sales volume higher than most major brands due to price, many ppl would buy them just for the price it offer, including miners. So, many of them are selling to clear off are mostly miners. Just beware.

Also because, they offer 5 years warranty now instead of 3 or 4 years most other brands offer.

Temp wise, it is already well known zotac run a tad higher than the rest.

1. Their thermal paste is bad. Maybe not as bad as Intel TIM, but still is bad.

2. They got design mini cards, those are meant to be fitted to small places, not meant to perform/overclock very high. So, it's important to know what you buy and for what purpose. Don't buy a mini card and complain cannot overclock well. It doesn't tally, get me?

3. Their heatsink design is not as effective as big brand major competitor like EVGA, Asus and MSI. That is the weakness of zotac all along.

4. Their fans quality fall behind a bit too. They perform louder than brands like Asus and MSI which are well known to make quiet fans, especially their higher end flagship model.

Lastly, it's price/performance ratio. For cheaper price, it still perform up to specs as advertised, or at least to nvidia specs. In the end, if you felt the price you get can negate the weakness stated above, by all means, zotac is a welcoming brand with long warranty period to offer at an attractive price.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to recap and inform
Zotac 1060mini has normal heatsink. Aluminum to chip and 1 fan

1070/1080 has heatpipe and 2 fan.

How good is the heatpipe and 2 fan performs i don't know. But definitely not all their mini card are crap nor 1070/1080 cooling perform worse than 1060

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not planning to overclock and am trying to fit into my small itx case so size matters

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using my zotac 1070 mini in a matx cube, no issues with temps. Although it must be said, I made sure my chassis have adequate chassis cooling.

Never build a gaming rig and skimp on cooling.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had the Zotac GTX 1070 Mini and it worked fine. No issues with cooling. The 5 years warranty from distro is a big plus.

Only negative is that the design was quite boring.

Lippyt

Reaction score
Used the Zotac 1060 amp before. It had some coil whine and the card hit 80 degrees while playing BF1

Just upgraded to a zotac 1070 ti mini, it has coil whine but it stays at 72 degrees max, 100% load without AC

The main reason why I stick with Zotac is for use in tiny ITX cases

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had the Zotac GTX 1070 Mini and it worked fine. No issues with cooling. The 5 years warranty from distro is a big plus.

Only negative is that the design was quite boring.

Plus but if no stock cannot replace after you travel so far also sian.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Used the Zotac 1060 amp before. It had some coil whine and the card hit 80 degrees while playing BF1

Just upgraded to a zotac 1070 ti mini, it has coil whine but it stays at 72 degrees max, 100% load without AC

The main reason why I stick with Zotac is for use in tiny ITX cases

Yeah. I was testing with a ASUS 1060 Phoenix 6GB in my ITX. Fits really well and the temp stays really well after a series of stress test

12808_asus_ph-gtx1060-6g.jpg

Last edited:

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to recap and inform
Zotac 1060mini has normal heatsink. Aluminum to chip and 1 fan

1070/1080 has heatpipe and 2 fan.

How good is the heatpipe and 2 fan performs i don't know. But definitely not all their mini card are crap nor 1070/1080 cooling perform worse than 1060

oh, u the cheapskate can buy cheap budget stuff?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.