Mattress - which brand / types? Part 2

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think there might a way to get even cheaper latex mattresses if you want to buy from China Taobao.

Many of them will claim that they import from Thailand, Vietnam, Srilanka, India, Malaysia, etc.

You can search the mentioned brand they carry from:
https://www.eco-institut-label.de/en/produkte/

Then email the manufacturer for the exact test report.
Specifically, note that the latex is 100 percent and has no SBR.
Also ask them that the quality they export is indeed the same as what was certified.

Before you buy, this is the size of mattress in Singapore.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_size

I'm not sure how they package it but 1cbm sea shipping from China cost about RMB380 to RMB400. Which is about 80 bucks.

Remember to add in the GST 7%. :o

Last edited:

Iamafan

Reaction score
Elaborate more pls

Mai anyhow mislead ppl without facts leh

Malaysia technology. Tried. By right latex is better in giving support and also higher quality + comfort compared to entire spring or memory foam.

Try le got partner disturbance quite bad and after a while feels backache. But for those who want budget and don't have a picky body, go ahead. It's the cheapest latex brand among the rest in the market

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Malaysia technology. Tried. By right latex is better in giving support and also higher quality + comfort compared to entire spring or memory foam.

Try le got partner disturbance quite bad and after a while feels backache. But for those who want budget and don't have a picky body, go ahead. It's the cheapest latex brand among the rest in the market
Hmm.. you bought which model or tried at where?
Can't find a decent place to try them.

Do you have any reference of which full latex model that don't give partner disturbance?
AFAIK most of the latex in the world are from SEA, which country you found to be better?

Latex is a full piece of soft cushioning material and they have firmness with more or less the same between different brands.
Spring is the one that gives the resistance and support.
Pocket spring is the thing that reduces partner disturbance.

What model you had? :o

Last edited:

pacificstorm

Reaction score
I just realised how to check if the products are indeed certified by eco-institut Germany that it's not emitting VOC. :o

From those online photos for Mylatex.
You can find the certificate ID which is 0912-11152-001

From this website
https://www.eco-institut-label.de/en/fuer-verbraucher/

Bottom right corner you can key in the certificate and you can download the certificate with all the details

This is the result
https://www.eco-institut-label.de/en/?s=0912-11152-001&sentence=1

Does that also mean only the "Tara" model is non toxic? Other brands from the page seem to have certified their "latex foam" rather than specific mattress name or model.

Nontheless, I never heard of any other brands not having warranty cards (other than those with online registration) that would definitely be a point of consideration if it indeed doesn't have any warranty certs.

Wouldn't know what "malaysia covers" would apply also in Singapore market

Iamafan

Reaction score
Hmm.. you bought which model or tried at where?
Can't find a decent place to try them.

Do you have any reference of which full latex model that don't give partner disturbance?
AFAIK most of the latex in the world are from SEA, which country you found to be better?

Latex is a full piece of soft cushioning material and they have firmness with more or less the same between different brands.
Spring is the one that gives the resistance and support.
Pocket spring is the thing that reduces partner disturbance.

What model you had? :o

Tried many many. You go west side imm and furniture mall try. After a while you will know what is best for you. Don't think of price first. Explore and see what suits you best

jerichoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried many many. You go west side imm and furniture mall try. After a while you will know what is best for you. Don't think of price first. Explore and see what suits you best

He was askin the exact model you bought.

So that others who bought the same can advise whether really all like that or up to individual.

Let us know the exact model name pls.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does that also mean only the "Tara" model is non toxic? Other brands from the page seem to have certified their "latex foam" rather than specific mattress name or model.

Nontheless, I never heard of any other brands not having warranty cards (other than those with online registration) that would definitely be a point of consideration if it indeed doesn't have any warranty certs.

Wouldn't know what "malaysia covers" would apply also in Singapore market
This you have to check with Aerofoam.
Most likely, they only send one sample to test. The same foam is used for most of their series. I only know the Mylatex Formula is different as it's damn hard.

If every model has its own cert, it's going to be costly and the cert seems to last for only a few years.

On the other hand I don't see any sealy, tempur, serta, etc. They don't even have one product listed. :o

Last edited:

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought the Mylatex Formula from the IMM shop. Was chopped.
They have more on display of another brand than Mylatex iirc.

You tried many many then how you figured out which brand or which model caused your backache with that short notice of trying? :o

Last edited:

pacificstorm

Reaction score
This you have to check with Aerofoam.
Most likely, they only send one sample to test. The same foam is used for most of their series. I only know the Mylatex Formula is different as it's damn hard.

If every model has its own cert, it's going to be costly and the cert seems to last for only a few years.

On the other hand I don't see any sealy, tempur, serta, etc. They don't even have one product listed. :o

Most other "latex suppliers" sent their foam in for testing rather than a specific mattress for testing, its weird to see only aerofoam doing that for "tara" mattress.

For example bigger latex companies like latexco,latex systems etc shows "cerficication for latex foam/latex core" as they supply the latex for different brand of mattress.

From my understanding tempur sells memory foam which has the most VOC definitely they wouldn't have any certs, the S brands in Singapore dont seem to divulge on the latex supplier they used although on some US based forums they did mention on latex brands used in simmons/serta made in the US etc.

The aerofoam malaysia replied to email that says their "online warranty" only for msian purchased mattress and Singapore will depend on individual dealer, if there's really no warranty card for Singapore so to speak I would be very wary of buying.

**fun fact saw sweet dreams in the list and only the pillows are certified

Last edited:

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Because Tara is simply full latex? :o

I'm more interested in the test report to see the details.
Because even if it's certified by https://www.eco-institut-label.de, it doesn't means the product is all clear from chemicals. It just means less emission.

This is from Royal Thai which is certified and can be found on eco institut.
DrcAIgk.png

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...14ZDq4&id=567544821740&ns=1&abbucket=9#detail

It's purity is not there and it has 丁苯橡胶 which is the artificial rubbers known as SBR.

I lookup Bennis's website
https://www.bennis.com.tw/product_detail.php?id=27
Mylatex's rubber don't detect any SBR and looks very pure.

I hoping to see any manufacturer other than Mylatex that has such purity with lower price, and also available from Taobao to easier ship back.

People who wanna do more research may want to email manufacturers for their test reports to know a better picture.

They also have test reports on firmness. If I did not read wrongly, Mylatex's rating is 85kg/m3. Whether the firmness is right or not for a full latex depends on your weight. You are probably better off pocket spring + latex top if you want something with more resistance and better distribution of support.

:o

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Because Tara is simply full latex? :o

I'm more interested in the test report to see the details.
Because even if it's certified by https://www.eco-institut-label.de, it doesn't means the product is all clear from chemicals. It just means less emission.

This is from Royal Thai which is certified and can be found on eco institut.
DrcAIgk.png

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...14ZDq4&id=567544821740&ns=1&abbucket=9#detail

It's purity is not there and it has 丁苯橡胶 which is the artificial rubbers known as SBR.

I lookup Bennis's website
https://www.bennis.com.tw/product_detail.php?id=27
Mylatex's rubber don't detect any SBR and looks very pure.

I hoping to see any manufacturer other than Mylatex that has such purity with lower price, and also available from Taobao to easier ship back.

People who wanna do more research may want to email manufacturers for their test reports to know a better picture.

They also have test reports on firmness. If I did not read wrongly, Mylatex's rating is 85kg/m3. Whether the firmness is right or not for a full latex depends on your weight. You are probably better off pocket spring + latex top if you want something with more resistance and better distribution of support.

I believe Rio is another full latex model. It is still weird to test only a specific full latex mattress rather than test its "latex foam".

Shipping from china likewise may face warranty issues for sure unless there is very very significant cost difference to warrant 10 or 15 years of usage. Taobao things are still scary

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't care about warranty for a full latex or much for a mattress.
From an engineering pov, what can go wrong with a piece of cushion? Sag? Depression? Those are mostly from low quality products and they do not warrant anything unless it falls under their "criteria".

I rather pay 50% for something than 200% to believe it can cover anything from its long list of TnC.

pacificstorm

Reaction score
I don't care about warranty for a full latex or much for a mattress.
From an engineering pov, what can go wrong with a piece of cushion? Sag? Depression? Those are mostly from low quality products and they do not warrant anything unless it falls under their "criteria".

I rather pay 50% for something than 200% to believe it can cover anything from its long list of TnC.

I doubt a 50% price with transport & taxes inclusive from taobao would be possible if compared to mylatex kind of pricing.

Technically i am sure most in the forum is looking for something that would not sag overtime and of course the best assurance would be if the warranty covers that aspect rather than a "skewed criteria" like that of the omazz that I nearly fell into. (Thats probably a 600/700% price if compared to mylatex)

Which also brings me to the point of looking for someone to upload their mylatex warranty cert for what they have purchased. Unfortunately its either there is really no physical warranty card or all those that bought arent willing to share for some reason. :(

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on which brand we compare with.
Mylatex itself is at least half the price of the big brands.

This is Taobao's pricing for SG queen size, 8"
PL6GHgQ.png

USD440 is ard SGD602.

Shipping from Taobao is about RMB380 to RMB400 per CBM.
Assume you don't want to roll it, let it sit on two pallets, 2 cbm
That's SGD160 and it's enough to put 4-5 pieces if you want to.

Add GST, that's SGD815 for shipping just one piece

Tara is selling at SGD1899 at the moment for the same specification.

The caveat is the above Taobao example is not as pure as Mylatex, so have to look harder but I reckon it's still much better than 95 percent of the PU or memory foam stuff we see in the market.

Thailand is an even bigger producer for Latex so prices we see from there can be much lower than what we expect from Malaysia. Thailand has very good favourable trade agreements with China AFAIK.

I'm looking at buying 4 full latex mattresses for my tenants in January.
I think that's going to cost me less than SGD3000 for 4 queen size mattresses.

Full latex should have much lesser issues than spring mattresses and can last much longer.
Sag is more likely that the spring inside misaligns or lose dexterity.
Full latex, do not have that component for the same issue. The only way it will sag like crazy is if the material deteriorates a lot, that risk can be mitigated if the product is very pure. Or it might be sagging due to a vacuum created from a manufacturing defect, which one should realise very easily.

Of course, we have to check with the manufacturer to confirm if the retailer in China is authentic and of the same tested quality. :o

Last edited:

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Wow, that is sure some good pricing for a full latex, and u must be very wealthy to buy full latex for ur tenants...

Of course the risk of buying things from taobao is u can never be sure what they send u is the "right" one especially when your shipping Address is a overseas fowarding Address.. the only complaint you could do is give them a 差评. Pretty sure you wouldnt buy a taobao mattress for your own use? :)

For the rest of us who do not trust taobao or prc products we have to stick to the overpriced singapore mattress.

In fact I am quite certain spring mattress sag not because of the springs but because of the upholstery layers i.e. the foam layers they put on top of the springs. Almost every brand in the market I have seen cover the springs but never the pillowtop.

Interestingly when I went to a King Koil shop in IMM to look at their "100% natural latex top" mattress despite the sales staff saying warranty covers all for 15yrs but warranty card states only 1 year for faulty material.

I am in the search for a real "black and white" in terms of latex top warranty be it a spring with latex or full latex.
After getting "persuaded by falseful sales pitch" from even the top brands I am more keen to refer to warranty card specification when making purchase.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm already using Latex cushions from Taobao, so very certain that I won't mind using their mattresses. The certificates already confirm that emmission of VOC is minimal or ND, so what's more to worry me? I will be more worried of those PU/Memory foam mattresses that are flooded around SG market.

Many of those Taobao sellers are very upfront with the test reports, and you can also confirm with the manufacturer if they are indeed authorised.

Anyway I've found this from Mylatex.
49Vu5Sa.png

Maybe you want to make sure there's black and white from the warranty card that it does cover that. Since Mylatex is out, Taobao is out. You are left with expensive choices.

I also checked out at Lowyat and it seems to suggest that Mylatex > Getha in terms of the purity of the latex used. I will side with that because my Getha's bolster was doused with perfume which is not a good sign that it's free from VOC.

Also while checking, it seems that Mylatex is at least 94 percent latex, those Thai/Viet brands at taobao hover between 78 to 95 percent.
Thai Latex are clearly cheaper and it's reasonable since Thailand produce more than 5 times more latex than Malaysia.

You can also find Malaysian Latex products by LSK Napure on Taobao, but they don't have 8inch thick for 85kg/ms. Their 6 in are cheap though, USD400+.

Full latex can easily outlast most mattresses and can flip both sides to use. Again, I'm at the least worried about warranty for that. :o

Last edited:

coey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. how come most of the latex mattress discuss here is about Mylatex ?

pacificstorm

Reaction score
They can have all the certs they want to show and authorised by respective latex manufacturers but one can never be sure that the "certified latex" is the one we are gonna receive, they obviously can even label low grade latex as the so called premium and pure latex. Lack of regulations in China & more so on the online would definitely be a cause of concern. (Looking at food scandals gutter oil etc)

The majority of us is probably willing to spend more than a taobao price for our personal usage. I would for sure consider buying taobao/inkagu beds for guest use but cant be sure about personal usage.

That said, @coey seems that previous few pages many people advocating / purchased/ recommending mylatex mattress for the pricing but its been more than a week since I have asked for anybody to show their mylatex warranty card and nobody responded. Trips to the shop;vague responses, emails to aerofoam arrowed to singapore distributors.

Without a "black & white" I am very concerned if there is even a warranry coverage valid for singapore. I have tentative removed mylatex from my shortlisted options.

Maybe the real users or salesman from mylatex lurking in the forum can clarify my doubts.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. how come most of the latex mattress discuss here is about Mylatex ?
Because it is the cheapest pure latex, until it raised its price.

You can consider Getha, Magic coil, Dunlopillo, Vono or do your own research then you can come back and tell us if you have a different conclusion. :o

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Because it is the cheapest pure latex, until it raised its price.

You can consider Getha, Magic coil, Dunlopillo, Vono or do your own research then you can come back and tell us if you have a different conclusion. :o

Care to share what mattress brand u are currently using urself?

See that you are strongly advocating for mylatex mattress be it from SG, buying from Malaysia or even importing mylatex generic from taobao, are u currently using one urself?

At the end of the day while i agree a high % of pure latex is great, i am sure processing methods/ density etc is also important. I am sure the mylatex in Singapore doesnt list out its actual purity or density. It may be misleading to use online datas(like the benma) to assume the same for what we can get in Sg.

Magic koil in our shortlist since its made in SG.

Dunlopillo , talalay version of latex seems to be of low purity.

As for vono mattress, i am quite certain they didnt carry any full latex range and their mattress are using interlocking springs, cheap yes but quality questionable?

Nowadays see many so called sister brother brand ie saw dorma/stylemaster/silentnight saying they are kingkoil. Vono sister of slumberland.

Quality wise dont know same anot? Price is alot cheaper than the main brand. Dont know is it made in the same factory or like toyota " sister of lexus ".

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.