Johor Bahru - share is caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul40

Reaction score
How long would it take to get to Woodlands CIQ if join the queue in JB CIQ at 6.30pm on Sunday?

Couldn't get train tickets and don't know what to expect never done this in peak times.

jumanji

Reaction score
How long would it take to get to Woodlands CIQ if join the queue in JB CIQ at 6.30pm on Sunday?

Couldn't get train tickets and don't know what to expect never done this in peak times.
I'd advise you to go to the JB customs by 3pm, latest by 4pm. I always used to go at 6pm last time, usually takes around 2-3hours (once I waited almost 3.5-4hrs) to clear customs and take the bus etc compared to around 1h at 4pm. If you go before 3pm it will take half hour-ish. So it is up to you whether you feel it is worth it to stay the additional 2-3hrs but I would seriously not recommend it. You will see the line has literally hundreds of people in front of you, and alot of aunties/uncles will push and "merge" into your lane.

jumanji

Reaction score
One night stay shd be ok right. Their price is really low now
Puteri always hosts political gatherings and events. The price is low now I think because of two reasons, firstly December not many rallies or events, and secondly because they are undergoing renovations (pipe maintenance) etc I think. I stayed there last Monday and it was horrible, no hot water & murkey yellow water because of the maintenance. The hotel says it is only temporary because of the piping issues but who knows how long it will last, especially since you will probably be going there soon.

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'd advise you to go to the JB customs by 3pm, latest by 4pm. I always used to go at 6pm last time, usually takes around 2-3hours (once I waited almost 3.5-4hrs) to clear customs and take the bus etc compared to around 1h at 4pm. If you go before 3pm it will take half hour-ish. So it is up to you whether you feel it is worth it to stay the additional 2-3hrs but I would seriously not recommend it. You will see the line has literally hundreds of people in front of you, and alot of aunties/uncles will push and "merge" into your lane.

Nice info return Looks like best time is reach JB CIQ before 4pm or after 8pm. Anything in between, better stay in the mall then Q long long.

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
Tesco 50% off all toys! Just in time for Christmas!! Dirt cheap!!!
jVsBgdG.jpg

0ephXoV.jpg

0NUiiU3.jpg

14t1USX.jpg

VmLoEwO.jpg

zico88

Reaction score
Ah Hua Teochew kuay teow. Google it, its just next to KSL Mall

Also try the oyster soup .

Unholymonk

Reaction score
Yes, carpark still in operation.
I always park there whenever I don’t feel like driving in.
But take note that it’s quite dark walking to the carpark.
I always see TP or police car hiding there for breaks.

Is the carpark opposite the train Checkpoint still in use? The one circled in pink.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello.. any place to recommend near KSL area for early breakfast?

My normal breakfast haunts are the rows of shops out the "KFC exit"... aka "lower ground floor", turn left. Both sides of the road up till end of that road and then turn right. Food all the way.

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi experts. I know that the fastest bus to Jb fm Kranji is CW1. When coming back, I want to go Woodlands interchange. Is 950 fm Jb to sg checkpoint to Woodlands interchange faster or take CW 1 to Kranji then mrt to Woodlands faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.