SUSS Part Time 2019/01

psychminx

Reaction score
Hi, I am a BHRM 2019/01 Student that has since accepted the offer! I created this account mainly to discuss and find out what did I actually sign up for.
Reading the first 10 pages of the thread it seems that I am signing up for hell
><!

Anybody in the same course please reply or DM, because I think it will be a good idea to huddle together for support.

Also, I think my mod choices are screwed as I did it haphazardly... anybody in same predicament?

SCREAMS

Reaction score
May i know who/where do i contact to apply to pay for the school fee in installment?

thanks

SCREAMS

Reaction score
You can pay by instalment using Citibank and OCBC credit card if your fees are above $500. You can choose to pay each semester's fees over 6 months or 12 months.
You will need to pay at the school's payment counter for this option.

Hello.. i will just need to go to the school counter to perform payment before deadline will do?

orinyori

Reaction score
Anyone taking BA English Language and Literature? seems like not a popular choice.

I'm not from BA English Language and Literature but I think students majoring in English account for about 20% of the total enrolment size of the School of Humanities and Behavioural Sciences.

Morrsmorrdre

Reaction score
Hi, I am a BHRM 2019/01 Student that has since accepted the offer! I created this account mainly to discuss and find out what did I actually sign up for.
Reading the first 10 pages of the thread it seems that I am signing up for hell
><!

Anybody in the same course please reply or DM, because I think it will be a good idea to huddle together for support.

Also, I think my mod choices are screwed as I did it haphazardly... anybody in same predicament?

Hi! I'm in PT BHRM 01/19. I've seen a handful of names in this forum in the same course too. You can do a quick keyword search to filter them.

Which modules did you choose? I took Social Emotional Learning + Team Dynamics for Term 1 and Human Growth + Employment Law for Term 2.

When I spoke to the program team at the Open House, it was said that this is a rigorous course thats hard to graduate. And yea there's been nightmarish stories written here about the course. Idk about you but I'm not working during my studies so I at least have the time to study.

psychminx

Reaction score
Hi! I'm in PT BHRM 01/19. I've seen a handful of names in this forum in the same course too. You can do a quick keyword search to filter them.

Which modules did you choose? I took Social Emotional Learning + Team Dynamics for Term 1 and Human Growth + Employment Law for Term 2.

When I spoke to the program team at the Open House, it was said that this is a rigorous course thats hard to graduate. And yea there's been nightmarish stories written here about the course. Idk about you but I'm not working during my studies so I at least have the time to study.

Glad to hear a reply! I am actually doing part time HR job whilst doing my part time BHRM. 3 day work week. I previously had a full time HR job but made the conversion specifically for my degree. I took the following modules:

HRM263 Team Dynamics Term 1 Level 2
HRM233 Training & Development Term 2 Level 2
HRM231e Employment Law and Industrial Relations Term 2 Level 2
SWK105e Human Growth & Life Span Dev Term 2 Level 1

Lastly, kill me already: SCO201 Space, Place, People and City Level 2

But hey we got atleast 3 mods matched!

auntannie

Reaction score
doyoulikejokes and i will be your classmates :s13::s13:

not popular choice bcos i guess many ppl think prospects r dim ba, other than being english teacher / journalist?

did u go for tea reception aka dinner on 29 nov 2018?

ooh actually i just explored my option to take up this course. so thinking of doing it in July 2019. Do you mind sharing how you’ve planned out which modules you will be taking in Year 1, 2, 3, 4 etc?

I'm seriously considering to also do a Minor in Psychology too. So confused how to spread out the modules.

auntannie

Reaction score
I'm not from BA English Language and Literature but I think students majoring in English account for about 20% of the total enrolment size of the School of Humanities and Behavioural Sciences.

Thanks orinyori. That's really small!

auntannie

Reaction score
im not very sure abt this, as i dont intend to take any minor.

what i can tell u though is for BA English & Lit Year 1 Semester 1 students, the computer system will give u limited modules to choose from on a first come first serve basis. u can take max 30 CU in your first semester (20 credits related to your major and 10 credits from Ucore). this is considered extremely heavy study load though.

u need a total of 130 CU (credit units) to graduate with a basic degree & 170 CU for a honors degree.

i think all minors are at least level 2 or 3 modules, so u wont be touching them in your 1st year of studies. someone pls correct me on this part if im wrong.

Thanks very much juventusfc27.

Putting the consideration to do the Minor aside. Let’s just focus on doing a basic degree in BAEL.

Calle me kiasu or whatever, but I did some planning like which module to take for according to year, semester, term. Maybe this image would help.

https://ibb.co/wdP4n5C

Did you plan out the same or you’re just choosing the modules as you go along? It seems there might be changes, so I was thinking if there is any good in planning ahead.

Some of the modules I notice ends in 2022 which might be a bit of a problem for me as I might take about 4.5-5 years to complete if I start in July 2019.

Also, do you mind sharing what made you decide on this course? Like you say most ppl think not much prospect other than English teacher or journalist.

I’m also in my mid 30’s and will be my first degree. Been considering long and hard to do a degree since 10 years ago but couldn’t afford it. Now a bit more financially stable that’s why considering. A bit hesitant to take up a degree at this age so it would be nice to hear from those in the same position.

shaggerinos

Reaction score
Ahh I see, I guess I’ll have to wait a few days! Right now I only have the physical copy of receipt

U shld receive a receipt thru email for your cheque payment.

Also will have another email inviting u to Orientation Day. Attendance is optional.

Ya cannot login to tat website link.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.