[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I were to sell this router, which router will you guy recommend next?

Asus AC5300?
Netgear Nighthawk X10?
Netgear Orbis?
Linksys EA9500S?

Do you have any specific need or feature for your next router ?

GReddy G9 RS

Reaction score
Just tried google wifi after AC88U. So far so good.
Ln2ttlDl.jpg

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 20 using GAGT

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just tried google wifi after AC88U. So far so good.
[ IMG]https://i.imgur.com/Ln2ttlDl.jpg[/IMG]

Share with us your WiFi speed test results. This looks like your wired lan speed. I'm interested to see how Google WiFi performs on WiFi.

Are you on WiFi or Ethernet backhaul ?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you have any specific need or feature for your next router ?

I just need a router which is able to give me much stronger Wifi throughput and range like what the AC88U can give me initially.

my iPhone XS Max can only achieve close to 200Mbps now with 5GHz even when I am directly in front of the router :(

I believe AC5300 has no similar issue to the AC88U?

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just need a router which is able to give me much stronger Wifi throughput and range like what the AC88U can give me initially.

my iPhone XS Max can only achieve close to 200Mbps now with 5GHz even when I am directly in front of the router :(

Ac5300 similar to AC88U

GReddy G9 RS

Reaction score
Share with us your WiFi speed test results. This looks like your wired lan speed. I'm interested to see how Google WiFi performs on WiFi.

Are you on WiFi or Ethernet backhaul ?
I'm on wifi.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I'm using AC5300 personally, haven't had major issues with it. Only the odd hiccup here and there over 1 year+

I don't have Wi-Fi devices that have Wi-Fi high throughput, fastest device tested about 400++ Mbps max.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi
Got this AC88 at last year 2017 sept during m1 fibre recontract and till now the box is still sealed and brand new in box as i am very lazy to set it up.

Currently I am still happy with my AC-66 and and thought of switching to this AC88 But then after i read the discussions from 2018 here onward, i am quite worried on switching this. Should i continue to use AC66 or go for AC88 since i have already bought some time ago

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi
Got this AC88 at last year 2017 sept during m1 fibre recontract and till now the box is still sealed and brand new in box as i am very lazy to set it up.

Currently I am still happy with my AC-66 and and thought of switching to this AC88 But then after i read the discussions from 2018 here onward, i am quite worried on switching this. Should i continue to use AC66 or go for AC88 since i have already bought some time ago

Huh... then why did you buy it ? :s13:

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Managed to set up this AC-88U router today to replace my AC-66U , the download speed is significantly faster. But then my download speed on wireless is about 20 Mbps - 70 Mbps.
I wondered how come some of the users here are able to go above 200Mbps on wireless.

My FW is 4180. New FW is available for update but i scared to mess it up. As long i have stable decent wireless connection. i am ok with 2/4GHz connection

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.