Nintendo Switch thread - Part 3

WhyPayMore

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prefer eshop so no need to change card when feel like playing other games. Also troublesome to bring around the game card when outside

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prefer eshop so no need to change card when feel like playing other games. Also troublesome to bring around the game card when outside

If you bring the switch outside, you most likely have a carrying case... Depending on your carrying case which most likely have from 6 to 14 inbuilt game holder inside the case...Looking at the Switch battery life, other than you changing games every 5 mins, it should not even be an issue...

Of course no one can deny convenience, but that will require you to purchase big micro sd...With physical copy of the game being so much cheaper than a digital copy most of the time if you utilize promo codes, credit card discount and etc, there is not much incentive to purchase digital copy...

If you are changing games every 5 minutes, it might mean that you do not like the game, if you bought physical copy, you could have sold it away...

WhyPayMore

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you bring the switch outside, you most likely have a carrying case... Depending on your carrying case which most likely have from 6 to 14 inbuilt game holder inside the case...Looking at the Switch battery life, other than you changing games every 5 mins, it should not even be an issue...

Of course no one can deny convenience, but that will require you to purchase big micro sd...With physical copy of the game being so much cheaper than a digital copy most of the time if you utilize promo codes, credit card discount and etc, there is not much incentive to purchase digital copy...

If you are changing games every 5 minutes, it might mean that you do not like the game, if you bought physical copy, you could have sold it away...
I don't use case.i just dump to my bag.
Anyway personal preference, no need to argue who's right or wrong

crucify.

Reaction score
Actually is physical games cheaper than digital ones? So far i saw all is physical being more expensive.. :/

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually is physical games cheaper than digital ones? So far i saw all is physical being more expensive.. :/

Where are you looking at? Look at Pokemon Let's Go, it is US$59.99 retail, physical copy right now is S$60+ before even applying any promo codes and stacking with credit card discount...People don't walk in to a retail shop to buy but rather order from the same retail shop on an online plaform like Shopee or Qoo10 or Lazada...Need to look out for the best deals...

Another example is Diablo 3 which is sold at S$55 on Prime Now...If you purchase the digital copy right now, it is US$59.99...

Got so many examples, just that most people don't share what great deals that they got such as buying newly launched AAA games for $40-50...

Or game like LA Noire which is sold at S$25 locally for Christmas deal but digital copy is US$49.99...

Last edited:

Sainté

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eShop in USD fyi.

What I do is to keep record of the cheapest price I can get for games I like. Then keep a lookout during sales period for best deals before buying. For example now I want to buy Civ 6, best price out there is $55. Gonna wait for some promo code during Xmas sales before I buy.

I got Pokemon game for $55 during 11.11 sales.

culepico

Reaction score

Just shop on shopee or lazada during the sales period. Stack voucher codes and credit card promos. You can get a brand new game for less than $50. That's so much cheaper than eshop. And don't buy from stores, buy from the mentioned platforms.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
spoon-fed-babies-more-likely-overweight-obese-810436.jpg

Sainté

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What’s the difference between PEGI and ESRB rated games? Why some buyers making a fuss over the different logo?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.