Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synnexo

Reaction score
I'm using MR UNO plan, connectivity wise is same as Starhub as it uses Starhub network. Calls sometimes don't get in, internet speed latency is high (lower the better), hence loading websites will be slower. Reception wise, I feel still average. If you exceed the allocated data bundle, the throttled speed will be painfully slow.

I'm using M1 as main & MR UNO as secondary line. Set to use M1 for 1st 3-weeks of the month & MR for 4th week as the last mile. So far MR line working fine on my OP6T, nothing unusual happened.

But my mum complained about the connection on her Nokia 3310, so not sure it's due to phone quality.

Fattytotti

Reaction score
I'm using M1 as main & MR UNO as secondary line. Set to use M1 for 1st 3-weeks of the month & MR for 4th week as the last mile. So far MR line working fine on my OP6T, nothing unusual happened.

But my mum complained about the connection on her Nokia 3310, so not sure it's due to phone quality.

Thanks for all the response. Guess I'll just skip Mr and go for either ST or M1.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You are same me. M1 main line, MR as secondary line. Just that MR will get "missed" missed calls without you knowing. The other party will say call you no pick up, I was like Got meh? Never receive any missed call. It caused me to lose lots of potential employers (Google). Sigh. Reception for MR (starhub) not on par with M1

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, for the starhub sim only plan is there a minimum period to fullfill or its really no contract as advertise? The service agreement stated at least 12 months for recontract etc.

I am only getting H+ network throughout the day from Tuas to Yishun not sure whats the problem and disconnected from the network a couple of times.

Currently using MyRepublic whom they are using their infrastructure but i am getting 4G+ throughout so i am confused why there is sure a big difference between them.

Yours could be the previous SIM-Only plan where options on either no contract or 12-months with additional data.

The new SIM-Only plans started on 6 Dec 2018 with options on either no contract or 2-years with handset.

If you are travelling in the MRT and with both wifi & data enable then it would be due to wifi (wireless@SG) signal drop and reconnect to data connection to & fro.
In this case you may have to disable the wireless@SG and to rely on data only.

Sglastexile

Reaction score
Finally, converted My Singtel 3G 12GB to M1 Sim only plan $20, 15GB, free caller ID & roaming (nt sure why we need roaming when pay per roam is sufficient) for 12mths contract.
Saved $11 per mth. ^^. Thanks to all bros.

virus2977

Reaction score
Just port to Singtel from circle life ....the speed faster than circle life....lol

Ihzi9sfl.png

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

tanchoo1

Master Member
Reaction score
Finally, converted My Singtel 3G 12GB to M1 Sim only plan $20, 15GB, free caller ID & roaming (nt sure why we need roaming when pay per roam is sufficient) for 12mths contract.
Saved $11 per mth. ^^. Thanks to all bros.
You need roaming so that you will forget to cancel before the 12 months are up and they will charge you. Most people forget.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heard about some bad experiences others encountered. Will look at ST or SH to be sure, mine is a golden number so can’t take too much risk.

Maybe I worded it wrongly, CIS plan is $29.40, so if I choose $20 Sim only plan, it’s a further savings of $9.40.

But did the handset subsidy take into consideration? $29.40/mth is like Lite+ with 30% discount. The plan handset subsidy is around $400 on many handsets.

Sglastexile

Reaction score
It is valid for M1 mysim plan.
Tested switched Singtel 3G to M1 4G
My 3G is around 30Mbps download. Upload 0.99Mbps.
M1 as below. Slower than I expected. But well, with the cost savings, still
Ok I guess.

Can’t post image link yet .
M1 download 62Mbps , upload 43.9Mbps. Time 6am hougang

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tested switched Singtel 3G to M1 4G
My 3G is around 30Mbps download. Upload 0.99Mbps.
M1 as below. Slower than I expected. But well, with the cost savings, still
Ok I guess.

Can’t post image link yet .
M1 download 62Mbps , upload 43.9Mbps. Time 6am hougang

The speed is always dependent on several factors, but as long as the real world experience isn't slow everytime, it's good enough I guess.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The speed is always dependent on several factors, but as long as the real world experience isn't slow everytime, it's good enough I guess.
For example, inside the bunk in my camp.

SingTel 4G
KocCyO4l.png

M1 4G
ngmrOCql.png

SingTel 3G
SFN8VdCl.png

M1 3G
g0u8JHdl.png

There are times in the camp where M1 4G is around 100Mbps down / 60Mbps up too in my camp, something I've yet to see on SingTel 4G. Nonetheless, the 4G speeds is still far faster than 3G speeds, and more than enough for video streaming etc.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2 using GAGT

Fattytotti

Reaction score
Any official website sauce?

Cannot find any sauce on their website. But I just sign up a MySim20 12 months Contract with M1 today only. Paying $18 monthly (After the 10% NTUC discount) with 16Gb data (Extra 1Gb for NTUC member). I would say this is the best deal now. 100 outgoing sms, 100 mins outgoing call, free caller ID, free data roaming, unlimited call to 3 nominated M1 numbers.
Other Telco might be offering something similar, but they does not include GST yet and no free caller ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.