The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another question,when washing our specs.can we use any dish washing detergent dilute with water to wash?
It seems like Miki use Mama Lemon in their rinsing machine before they clean our specs.
When bathing just use yr soap also can.. Then use yr spray over to wash away.. Use blow dryer to dry yr specs..

Reaction score
Another question,when washing our specs.can we use any dish washing detergent dilute with water to wash?
It seems like Miki use Mama Lemon in their rinsing machine before they clean our specs.

Dish washing detergent is usually not recommended for use on opthalmic lens with multicoating as it tends to erode the coating.

For minimum damage to your lenses, it is recommended to wash with hand soap/body soap with cold water. Then dry it with a microfibre cloth. Microfibre cloth to be washed once every 2 weeks. :s13:

pills

Master Member
Reaction score
Are antifog lens worth it? Heard the effect last for abt 6 mths only.

What about Shamir lens? Are they good?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Are antifog lens worth it? Heard the effect last for abt 6 mths only.

What about Shamir lens? Are they good?

Hi, Antifog doesnt work imho.

If the aircon is blowing directly at you, the lens will still fog up even if you spray the anti fog solution on it.
Nowadays most lens already comes along with anti-fog coating just that like what i mentioned, it doesnt last.

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
If I am to make another pair of SV glasses for presentation and outdoor use.
Could I still stick to what I am using now Zeiss individual blue coat?possible to try the other brands?will the be any discomfort?

if it is comfortable for you, why not? stick to it. or you can try other brands!
personally, SV doesn't make much of a difference to me. but everyone tolerance might be different. have you tried other brand of lenses before?

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
any spect shop in sg or jb have a variety of wide spects about 15cm across?
pref in north/west area.

not too exp plz. about 200bucks would do.

about 550~600 degree. looking for multicoated 1.6 or 1.7index.
not looking for blue coating or watever. my old blue coating like keep coming off aft 1yr+

voltshin

Reaction score
x1UEyId.jpg

ynWMhe7.jpg

U3Rvb99.jpg

nsY8SOT.jpg

hi, may i know where can i try out this pair of spec and the lens?
thanks

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.