NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Origamimosa

Reaction score
Hey, everyone.

I went for an MOE medical check up in May, but it was for the untrained counsellor position. I must have passed it because I was offered the job. However, I am still not called up for the medical check up for PGDE. Does anyone know if MOE RU and MOE HR share the same database hence I am not required to go for it? It is starting to worry me as the year is drawing to a close and I am still left hanging with no answers from MOE.

Mamimo

Reaction score
Congrats!!

I applied during the Sep 18 window.
Got shortlisted for interview on 21th September
went for the interview in mid Oct
Received the medical on 22nd Nov
received the possible offer last friday at around 5pm.

my application was for PGDE(SEC).
Hopefully it helps.

GilaQila

Reaction score
Anyone here starting their ITP in 20 Dec (Thurs)? Any idea what attire to wear?

I'm guessing it'll just be lectures and presentations(?).

luohongxian

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey, everyone.

I went for an MOE medical check up in May, but it was for the untrained counsellor position. I must have passed it because I was offered the job. However, I am still not called up for the medical check up for PGDE. Does anyone know if MOE RU and MOE HR share the same database hence I am not required to go for it? It is starting to worry me as the year is drawing to a close and I am still left hanging with no answers from MOE.

Hi can I check what is the qualification required for the untrained counsellor position? Do you need to be accredited professional counsellor to apply for this position. Thank.

Origamimosa

Reaction score
Hi can I check what is the qualification required for the untrained counsellor position? Do you need to be accredited professional counsellor to apply for this position. Thank.

I have a BA Honours degree in Arts, and I have no prior counseling skills when I applied for the job.

nooz17

Reaction score
so im feeling really anxious because i have yet to go for medical after being shortlisted. feels like im the only one :( i dont know what my chances are at this point. just feeling really down.

pmamate

Reaction score
so im feeling really anxious because i have yet to go for medical after being shortlisted. feels like im the only one :( i dont know what my chances are at this point. just feeling really down.

Do you receive the shortlisted email? What subjects you applied for? I have not receive any medical emails yet as well.

Origamimosa

Reaction score

Same!!!! I am just tempted to send a chaser email to moe but the last time I enquired about the medical check up on 27th November, I was met with a template reply that they are still processing. SIGH!

happybaby89

Reaction score
some have received offer email, some (like me) haven't! i believe there are multiple appointment briefing dates, so as long as there's no rejection we still have hope!

Feeling nervous every single day, the first thing I do everyday when I wake up is to check my email..

Mamimo

Reaction score
I haven’t gotten mine either 😅. One possibility is that officers are clearing leave 😂.

luohongxian

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a BA Honours degree in Arts, and I have no prior counseling skills when I applied for the job.

Thank for your sharing. BTW, if you don't mind sharing whether you have any experience in education or volunteer work involving children and youths?

huangsandra

Reaction score
I applied during the Sep 18 window.
Got shortlisted for interview on 21th September
went for the interview in mid Oct
Received the medical on 22nd Nov
received the possible offer last friday at around 5pm.

my application was for PGDE(SEC).
Hopefully it helps.
Hello,Can you share what about the appointment briefing today,what are the levels and subjects,thanks.

Cesium-137

Reaction score
Hello,Can you share what about the appointment briefing today,what are the levels and subjects,thanks.

it was just the standard briefing for civil service(the dos and donts, and the code of conduct), followed by the actual signing of the contract. Basically the HR will address any questions you may have regarding the contract before you sign on the dotted line.

I didn't speak to anyone there(i just sat in front, listened to the briefing , signed and went back to work) , so im not sure of the profile of the people or what they were selected for. But the intake seemed to be rather small, the total number of people there was around 30(or slightly less). Most of the teachers to be are fresh graduates, around 25% are mid career switches but you wouldnt be able to tell(they look young as well,how do you tell someone is 22 or 27 anyway , haha).

Happiness1234

Reaction score
it was just the standard briefing for civil service(the dos and donts, and the code of conduct), followed by the actual signing of the contract. Basically the HR will address any questions you may have regarding the contract before you sign on the dotted line.

I didn't speak to anyone there(i just sat in front, listened to the briefing , signed and went back to work) , so im not sure of the profile of the people or what they were selected for. But the intake seemed to be rather small, the total number of people there was around 30(or slightly less). Most of the teachers to be are fresh graduates, around 25% are mid career switches but you wouldnt be able to tell(they look young as well,how do you tell someone is 22 or 27 anyway , haha).

Nice, when will your contract teaching start? :)

huangsandra

Reaction score

haha, I see. Thank you and Congratulation.

Origamimosa

Reaction score
Thank for your sharing. BTW, if you don't mind sharing whether you have any experience in education or volunteer work involving children and youths?

I have been teaching in the Singapore Boys’/Girls’ home for the past few years. It does help to do some research for the untrained position, so you won’t be taken aback as to what it actually entails to be a school counselor. For example, the amount of heart and soul that is required to take on the role and the ever ongoing studying for your clients . Just like being a teacher, the responsibility is a fair bit, especially when it is just a few school counselors to an entire school.

Mamimo

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing ! Can I check with you, when do they actually present the salary offer. Is it before the appt briefing or after?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.