Android TV Box

csc12345678

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi

I wonder if your streaming breaks in the evening ? Seems to be fine in the afternoon.
Thanks.

what's wrong with letting others people know about the app you used and the channels you watched?

if you revealed them, it is easier for xiaofan or other people to help you to troubleshoot.

This was my original question. I wonder if you stream breaks in the evening <===. Thanks.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This was my original question. I wonder if you stream breaks in the evening <===. Thanks.

I do not use Kodi myself but I tried other Streaming live TV apps and they are okay in the evening.

Kodi is a big software and it depends on various addons to function per your needs. So most likely it is related to the app (Kodi addon) in this case.

squarepipe

Reaction score
Lol now Kodi reputation also for piracy :s13: I only use Kodi for Plex or non pirate addons

I do not use Kodi myself but I tried other Streaming live TV apps and they are okay in the evening.

Kodi is a big software and it depends on various addons to function per your needs. So most likely it is related to the app (Kodi addon) in this case.

csc12345678

Master Member
Reaction score

The streaming does not come from Kodi. Here's what I've learnt. If I use the built-in kodi player, the picture will not fit the old CRT TV. I have to use an external MX Player to play. Kodi just handover the stream to MX Player. So what's so different here ? MX Player can make use of the software instead of hardware to decode. Because of that, I can stretch to fit my old CRT TV.

I guess if you use the built-in player, then you can stay kodi is the streaming client.

csc12345678

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol now Kodi reputation also for piracy :s13: I only use Kodi for Plex or non pirate addons

I use the YouTube add-on to watch YouTube on the TV... guess why. Read the previous post. Because the built-in YouTube player cannot stretch to fit my screen. Using Kodi->MX Player can.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use the YouTube add-on to watch YouTube on the TV... guess why. Read the previous post. Because the built-in YouTube player cannot stretch to fit my screen. Using Kodi->MX Player can.

Kodi is also available under Windows (or Mac or Linux) so you can try to do the same thing with your PC to see if if that makes any differences.

And run SpeedTest in your PC/Mac in different time to see if your internet speed is stable or not in the first place. Run speedtest in your Android TV box as well .

homedriver

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to use Chinese keyboard in Tanix? After install Google pinyin keyboard still can’t figure out. The remote is very difficult to use.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to use Chinese keyboard in Tanix? After install Google pinyin keyboard still can’t figure out. The remote is very difficult to use.

I use a wireless USB/Keyboard combo. Or use an air mouse.

aqf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any android box to recommend for hk dramas?

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any android box to recommend for hk dramas?

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

For boxes, scroll back and there are many discussions.

If you are inpatient, get Mi Box or Mi Box S. If you want to pay more, get Nvidia Shield TV. They run official Android TV certified by Google and have 4K Chromecast function build-in. They also support Netflix 4K.

If you are low on budget (S$40-50), get Tanix TX3 Mini or TX3 Max, 2GB/16GB version.

Edit to Add: if you need paid subscription apps TVB Anywhere or StarHub Go, do not buy Mi Box, Mi Box S and Nvidia Shield TV. End of edit.

You can buy from Lazada/Shopee.

For apps go to Facebook group “New Box TV SG”.

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you already have an android TV box or you already have Chromecast then you can just download adrama app from the app store. It look like this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=alphastudio.adrama&hl=en

You can download on your phone then cast to your chromecast on your TV.

This is one app. There are many apps in the Facebook group, some available from Google Play Store but some not available. Even for those available from the app store like rss player, you may need to know the tricks to make it useful.

I have a quick overview for Chinese Entertainment apps for Android phones, which will mostly work for Android TV boxes.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...phone-chinese-entertainment-apps-5942151.html

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is one app. There are many apps in the Facebook group, some available from Google Play Store but some not available. Even for those available from the app store like rss player, you may need to know the tricks to make it useful.

I have a quick overview for Chinese Entertainment apps for Android phones, which will mostly work for Android TV boxes.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...phone-chinese-entertainment-apps-5942151.html

How do you add TV channnel to the new Kodi app?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Beside Adrama, what are the other app you recommend?
Refer to the following thread for some popular apps.

For dramas rss player is one popular choice. There are many other apps in the Facebook group.

For live TV, there are a few mentioned in the above thread but then there are many more in the Facebook group. Personally I mainly use 超级直播 with the hidden channel tricks which you can find in the Facebook group. There are two apps with community supported play list which are very good as well.

For music I just paid for one year VIP membership for QQ Music (no need VPN) for about S$24.

In summary please go to Facebook group "New TV Box SG".

Take note I am a Singtel TV user since 2011 and my Android TV boxes are secondary devices in terms of entertainment usage. I have Singtel TV, Chromecast 1st gen and Apple TV 3rd gen as the main device for family use. Then we have quite a few iphones and iPads. So I only use limited Android TV box apps myself.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/lzGH73a1-h0

Beelink’s S905X2 offering GT1 Mini, not that good based on the review. It is too small to my taste and I equate small to thermal problems for TV boxes.

Then the reviewer mentioned S922, S912’s successor, which is the next flagship after S912.

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are using digital tuner of the tv, you need antenna.

But, if you are not using digital tuner, and use the tv with the android box, you don't need antenna. With the right apps, android box can give you all local channels, malaysia channel, indo channels, usa channels and many others.

True. Red bean TV box selling at Remax is $99.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.