Amazon Prime SG now only $2.99/month? Worth it?

iamintrouble

Reaction score
can i check if pc parts sold by Amazon prime sg under Amazon APAC have local warranty ? i thought of buying cpu,motherboard and psu from there. thanks

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the THIRD time....

when amazon 1st launched, I joined prime, search for those items that I want and put them in the cart, went searching for coupons....next day, the prices of these items went up!

Nebermind, emptied the cart. A 2nd time I put the items and again next day the price changes to be higher! I wrote about this April/May in hardwarezone....

Then I cancelled my prime. Yesterday needed some cpu and can't find any cheaper in Qoo10 or etc and loh and behold, the cheapest was Amazon Prime SG. So I signed up prime again $2.99 and put the item in the cart, but it was already too late so I didn't trigger the buy. Today the item is NO LONGER available.

So it may be true, amazon sg got some AI running in the background that tries to suck as much $ out from consumer, but in an unfair way....

Sigh.

Amazon USA is also the same just that its the opposite. I was checking out the price of a Panasonic 2-line Dect phone and took note of the price. Subsequently went back again to check after some time and surprised to see price dropped but it went back to the original price after a few days. I didn't buy it on the spot cos of voltage issue but bought it from Qoo instead as the seller threw in free voltage converter and with the Qoo coupon, it was cheaper than Amazon.

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can i check if pc parts sold by Amazon prime sg under Amazon APAC have local warranty ? i thought of buying cpu,motherboard and psu from there. thanks

APAC no warranty. Send US or Taiwan. Avoid buying from amazon psu n mboard if u can

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the one month free trial membership, do we get free delivery with no min spend? It's stated that there is free 2-hr local delivery for orders of min $40 but if it's just delivery with no time limit.. is it free?

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the one month free trial membership, do we get free delivery with no min spend? It's stated that there is free 2-hr local delivery for orders of min $40 but if it's just delivery with no time limit.. is it free?

ur inbox full :(

nope, free delivery when u hit min spending.....

rem to use the first order code...

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the THIRD time....

when amazon 1st launched, I joined prime, search for those items that I want and put them in the cart, went searching for coupons....next day, the prices of these items went up!

Nebermind, emptied the cart. A 2nd time I put the items and again next day the price changes to be higher! I wrote about this April/May in hardwarezone....

Then I cancelled my prime. Yesterday needed some cpu and can't find any cheaper in Qoo10 or etc and loh and behold, the cheapest was Amazon Prime SG. So I signed up prime again $2.99 and put the item in the cart, but it was already too late so I didn't trigger the buy. Today the item is NO LONGER available.

So it may be true, amazon sg got some AI running in the background that tries to suck as much $ out from consumer, but in an unfair way....

Sigh.

I think Amazon was being probed in USA and change the to no algorithm (they claimed la).
But prove that it is not

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think Amazon was being probed in USA and change the to no algorithm (they claimed la).
But prove that it is not

I think due to exchange rates prime sg prices changes.

Been using the app for urgent delivery, way more advanced than other local courier and even got chiobu send.

Exchange,refund, returns also good experiences

Ideasmiths

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I seriously feels that the CECA programmers at amazon singapore should be fired.....

this is the 4th time I discovered alteration at their back end AFTER search. Today saw a post that amazon.sg went live, so I surf in....saw a thing I like on today deal at >50% off and wow, it started counting down to <1 minute after I click on it for details...coincident? HELLO? Daily deal leh...unless their definition different from today's...= time sale. Didn't click as don't like pressure selling using deadline hook.

Let it go and surf the keyword and found similar item from the brand, qty left 3. So okie, I'll come back and research on the model number see if worth it. Finish my pooping....

Switch on the computer and search the keyword on firefox and can't find the items anymore! Coincidence again? Today's deal also no more....yah right, 20 seconds for me to walk out from my toilet and 3 customers finished the last 3 items?

Some AI at the backend massaging the item qty and price when it's a hotspot item?

Last edited:

Jojo ShopBack

Suspended
Reaction score
AMAZON PRIME x SHOPBACK: Early Access to BFCM deals

AMAZON PRIME x SHOPBACK :s13:

4P9rrOJ.png

Amazon.sg is on ShopBack now and we'd like to highlight a few things:

- Amazon SG will have 500+ value deals under $10 ($1, $2, $5 & $10)
Start Date for public: 28 NOV
- For Amazon Prime members, you can gain early access on 27 NOV to these items
-Amazon Prime Membership is FREE FOR 30 Days & $2.99 subsequently
- Plus, there are many vouchers by ShopBack x Amazon

SOOO, sign up now to enjoy Early Access, Next-Day Delivery, plus other access to Amazon Prime Video as well.

PS: I just signed up last night too, free for 30 days :s12:

Last edited:

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOL. First-time user too, no harm signing up :)
I feel like supporting amazon sg

But the moment I try to search for a blu ray movies results show 0

It's back to amazon USA(facepalm)

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

msck

Reaction score
Can watch Prime TV with this subscription? Any difference with US Prime TV?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.