Status
Not open for further replies.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Follow this route should be quite safe

https://guidetotaipei.com/visit/jiufen-九份

Thanks.

I saw the news saying that there is a new bus, Bus 965 to Jiufen but not sure if it will take longer duration.

Time-saving new express bus route from New Taipei’s Banqiao to Jiufen and Jinguashi begins operation Sep 10

5b96283276d52.jpg

slashiroth

Reaction score
新崛江 = 高雄的西门町 (商圈),六合夜市 = 高雄的士林(最夯的夜市)

平民美食 = 瑞丰夜市 (open-air grid-space food stalls)

Other shopping malls = 三多商圈 (Sogo, 新光三越, FE21 Mega, etc)
Mall with big roof top Ferris wheel = Dream Mall (梦世代)

Thanks bro! My first time going to Kaohsiung after so many years of going Taiwan lol.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I saw the news saying that there is a new bus, Bus 965 to Jiufen but not sure if it will take longer duration.

Time-saving new express bus route from New Taipei’s Banqiao to Jiufen and Jinguashi begins operation Sep 10

5b96283276d52.jpg
" The agency said traditionally people traveling from Banqiao to the Jiufen area have to take a train or take a bus at MRT Zhongxiao Fuxing Station to Ruifang Railway Station and then transfer to a bus for Jiufen or Jinguashi and that such a single trip takes about two hours. With Bus 965, a single trip takes only about 80 minutes and no transfer is necessary, saving 30 - 40 minutes, the agency added."

I think this bus 965 route is good, you don't have to take mrt - train - bus, save a lot of transfer time.
If you are going shifen first, there is another bus going straight from muzha mrt to shifen.

Last edited:

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

zepanda

Reaction score
Any lone traveller in Taipei between 26dec - 1jan? Can go gai gai see attraction or meet up eat dinner.

I haven't fix any plan and will be flying off this Sunday. *********

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT

will be in Taipei during that period, might be able to arrange a dinner

Posted from PCWX using G8342

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
" The agency said traditionally people traveling from Banqiao to the Jiufen area have to take a train or take a bus at MRT Zhongxiao Fuxing Station to Ruifang Railway Station and then transfer to a bus for Jiufen or Jinguashi and that such a single trip takes about two hours. With Bus 965, a single trip takes only about 80 minutes and no transfer is necessary, saving 30 - 40 minutes, the agency added."

I think this bus 965 route is good, you don't have to take mrt - train - bus, save a lot of transfer time.
If you are going shifen first, there is another bus going straight from muzha mrt to shifen.

If I intend to skip Shifen, Bus 965 will be faster to reach Jiufen Old Street?

I saw this same pic pasted at the hotel I stayed when I went last month too. Not sure if this is something new... Because most of the times I rely on google maps for direction and which bus or mrt to take

Thanks!

shawn_sboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

what's the fastest way to Shifen from Taipei? then to Jiufen from Shifen?

thank you!

kevinlaikf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I came back from a free-and-easy tour in Taiwan.

These are the things i had missed, but shared for your benefits.

Buy muscle/joints/painkiller in SG. if you expects lots of walking (ie jiufen, flora expo)

Panadol Extend is not available in TW.
Panadol is 普拿疼 (not 班纳杜as in SG), they got Extra, but no Extend.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Any suggestion for travelling between Kenting and Tainan City?
Need the exact train/hsr/bus/cab information. Preferably least transfer+cheap as we will be taking luggages. Though time won't be a big issue.

I understand that taking the train(自强号)and then transfer to 小港(紅線) can take me from Tainan City to KaoHsiung International Airport yup? Google shows it takes an hour, is that a good gauge?

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any suggestion for travelling between Kenting and Tainan City?
Need the exact train/hsr/bus/cab information. Preferably least transfer+cheap as we will be taking luggages. Though time won't be a big issue.

I understand that taking the train(自强号)and then transfer to 小港(紅線) can take me from Tainan City to KaoHsiung International Airport yup? Google shows it takes an hour, is that a good gauge?

Kenting to fangliao to tainan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.