Roboadvisor: Stashaway vs Smartly Performance

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, the only thing I've seen is a slight increase in my gold percentage and decrease in stocks percentage. I'm using the highest risk portfolio and and was informed that there would be rebalancing in the form of bonds purchase etc. I guess it may also have something to do with the amount you've invested in. Smaller amounts = smaller loss so no need to rebalance?

My auto-optimisation is set to 'On' btw.

Also, do they inform you immediately after they make the reallocation? If yes, then someone with a huge networth can invest only a minimum amount with the robo and then replicate the same strategy offline and save on the robo fees. So I wonder how does that work.

goldnut

Master Member
Reaction score
Also, do they inform you immediately after they make the reallocation? If yes, then someone with a huge networth can invest only a minimum amount with the robo and then replicate the same strategy offline and save on the robo fees. So I wonder how does that work.

By rights there should be an email notification as per their website. Didn't see anything so far. Maybe I'll drop them an email to check.

fairylord

Reaction score
blurpandasg2014 bro, update us the portfolio after your recent top up and in the midst of US market raining.

appreciate

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Question, have you gain anything?

You put in so far 1300, but combine smartly and stashaway you are still below 1300 that which you put in? Am I right?

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
Question, have you gain anything?

You put in so far 1300, but combine smartly and stashaway you are still below 1300 that which you put in? Am I right?

Yes thats correct. still underwater :s13:

Just add both their values up and u get the total value that its worth today

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
Received email from stashaway saying they accept SRS

Sounds good? Just park it in there till age 62, keep adding to it, they do the rebalancing

kehyi4

Reaction score
Received email from stashaway saying they accept SRS

Sounds good? Just park it in there till age 62, keep adding to it, they do the rebalancing
hmm... interesting:

https://www.stashaway.sg/supplementary-retirement-scheme

Fees are a concern though:

First $25,000 0.8%
Any additional amount above $25,000, up to $50,000 0.7%
Any additional amount above $50,000, up to $100,000 0.6%
Any additional amount above $100,000, up to $250,000 0.5%
Any additional amount above $250,000, up to $500,000 0.4%
Any additional amount above $500,000, up to $1,000,000 0.3%
Any additional amount above $1,000,000 0.2%

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
Interesting.. I thought given their algo should have been gains already.

The allocation profile I chose for both stashaway and smartly contains the highest proportion of equities. That could be partly the reason why it's still underwater

For stashaway, their CFO mentioned in one of the newsletters recently that currently he feels no need to do major fund reallocation into bonds as he felt that market indicators are still healthy and not pointing towards a impending recession.

Will update this post whenever I can :) perhaps tmr or day after I will post the latest values

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The allocation profile I chose for both stashaway and smartly contains the highest proportion of equities. That could be partly the reason why it's still underwater

For stashaway, their CFO mentioned in one of the newsletters recently that currently he feels no need to do major fund reallocation into bonds as he felt that market indicators are still healthy and not pointing towards a impending recession.

Will update this post whenever I can :) perhaps tmr or day after I will post the latest values

nice thanks.

xersion

Master Member
Reaction score
It will be surprise if now they are performing well given the red blood in us

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.