2.0 & 2.1 speaker discussion thread IV [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it's worth a gamble for $299. Not many choices for small speakers. iLoud has the $399 and above pretty much dominated, while Companion 2 and T40 are strong fighters at their price points.

$299 looks like a good gamble for something that looks like it is only slightly worse than iLoud in the worst case and can probably fight it in the best case.

I just don't like the lifestyle-speaker appearance. But a good number of people hate the iLoud pro-audio appearance too.

Reaction score
During show luna is $199

I think it's worth a gamble for $299. Not many choices for small speakers. iLoud has the $399 and above pretty much dominated, while Companion 2 and T40 are strong fighters at their price points.

$299 looks like a good gamble for something that looks like it is only slightly worse than iLoud in the worst case and can probably fight it in the best case.

I just don't like the lifestyle-speaker appearance. But a good number of people hate the iLoud pro-audio appearance too.

algerr

Master Member
Reaction score
guys what do you think of edifier luna HD? or can recommend something sub $200, no need big size as I'd be using on my desk. wireless would be a very PLUS point.

open to other suggestions
Just bought from cybermind in Sep2018 at comex show price.

It doesn't have overpowering bass like gigaworks T3.

But if u looking for loudness, clarity and detail, this speaker does the job well.

You can try dropping by cybermind. They may still be selling at sitex promo price.

Caution: don't be psycho into buying the speaker stands together with the speakers. The speakers are good enough to rest on the desk.

You may want to see this comparison video - iLoud vs Luna to judge for yourself if $399 vs $199 difference is worth it.

Sent from Nokia 8250 using GAGT

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just bought from cybermind in Sep2018 at comex show price.

It doesn't have overpowering bass like gigaworks T3.

But if u looking for loudness, clarity and detail, this speaker does the job well.

You can try dropping by cybermind. They may still be selling at sitex promo price.

Caution: don't be psycho into buying the speaker stands together with the speakers. The speakers are good enough to rest on the desk.

You may want to see this comparison video - iLoud vs Luna to judge for yourself if $399 vs $199 difference is worth it.

Yeah looking for something more clear but sufficient bass....
Luna HD taking off cybermind's pricelist lol

algerr

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah looking for something more clear but sufficient bass....
Luna HD taking off cybermind's pricelist lol

Even though it's not on pricelist...u still can go down to physical store to enquire..=)

Specs
I6q2Y4Cl.jpg

Display set with stand at cybermind
lWwItPXl.jpg

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was thinking to buy a preowned imported A2+ (seller got it from taobao)

are there fake audioengine speakers around?

i hope not

lucied

Reaction score
need a separate subwoofer?

The speakers don't come with a one so yes you need a separate subwoofer.

If you are asking if a subwoofer is required to enjoy the sound from these then no unless you are a bass head.

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
any good ideas or suggestions for a set of active speakers, no real budget set, currently have the thonet and vander kubris, a little on the big side, for my table.

saw the KEF LSX last weekend at adelphi, quite like it, only thing i didn't like was that there wasn't a manual volume control (only app or remote), it was also a tad bright sounding, but very impressive otherwise.

mostly for tidal, and sometimes shows, watching from my pc with my monitor. listen to everything rock, pop, jazz, edm.

Reaction score
any good ideas or suggestions for a set of active speakers, no real budget set, currently have the thonet and vander kubris, a little on the big side, for my table.

saw the KEF LSX last weekend at adelphi, quite like it, only thing i didn't like was that there wasn't a manual volume control (only app or remote), it was also a tad bright sounding, but very impressive otherwise.

mostly for tidal, and sometimes shows, watching from my pc with my monitor. listen to everything rock, pop, jazz, edm.

https://www.amazon.com/ELAC-Debut-B...t&ie=UTF8&qid=1545537428&sr=1-4&keywords=elac

50% off... was wondering if use ezbuy how much to ship ver?
it's retailling for $650 here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.