NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Mamimo

Reaction score
It’s the 26th of Dec today, a month after the shortlisted email. Please let us know if any of you receive the medical email 🙏🙏

Rtcninty2

Reaction score
It’s the 26th of Dec today, a month after the shortlisted email. Please let us know if any of you receive the medical email 🙏🙏

Since they told us that we may expect to assume duties in June/July if accepted, I don’t think the medical email will come so soon.

rosemance

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just gotten an offer(via email) from MOE this afternoon for PGDE Pri(Art) too. Would like to ask if anybody has tried deferring his/her contract teaching stint before? This is because I have commitments and am unable to commence together with the Feb intake. Hence, am intending to write in to request for a possible deferment till year end but not sure if it will be approved or whether I have to forfeit my application this time and try again a year later.

Anyone in similar situation before?

rosemance

Reaction score
In addition,

Would like to seek information from those who went through or are going through the "compulsory untrained teaching stint"; what time does a typical work day usually end?

Cesium-137

Reaction score
Can anyone advice with regards to first day teaching?

i spoke to afew of my friends in Moe, they say it generally differs from school to school. How heavy or light your workload is depends on your supervisors(eg HOD,Reporting officer etc), your days will be filled with lesson observations(initially) , marking , assisting with administrative work , relief teaching . You may or may not be asked to assist with CCA duties, again this is subject to your school upper management. For some , the contract teaching phase is quite relaxing, for some it may be quite stressful. But generally you will have to be in school 15 mins before the bell rings for first assembly, and you can expect to work at least until 4-5pm everyday.

Mamimo

Reaction score
Congrats on the offer! Sorry I can’t help with your question but I’m curious to know their response too. Have a feeling I might be in the same predicament if mine were to commence in the middle of the year.

Hi All,

Just gotten an offer(via email) from MOE this afternoon for PGDE Pri(Art) too. Would like to ask if anybody has tried deferring his/her contract teaching stint before? This is because I have commitments and am unable to commence together with the Feb intake. Hence, am intending to write in to request for a possible deferment till year end but not sure if it will be approved or whether I have to forfeit my application this time and try again a year later.

Anyone in similar situation before?

poppyave

Reaction score
gahhhh still waiting on news from MOE!! did my medical a little over a month ago, and someone i know has already attended appt briefing for DipEd music (which is what i'm being shortlisted for too). sent them a chaser email awhile ago but no response from them so far lol

Mamimo

Reaction score
Totally get the frustration 😂😂😂

gahhhh still waiting on news from MOE!! did my medical a little over a month ago, and someone i know has already attended appt briefing for DipEd music (which is what i'm being shortlisted for too). sent them a chaser email awhile ago but no response from them so far lol

happybaby89

Reaction score
i spoke to afew of my friends in Moe, they say it generally differs from school to school. How heavy or light your workload is depends on your supervisors(eg HOD,Reporting officer etc), your days will be filled with lesson observations(initially) , marking , assisting with administrative work , relief teaching . You may or may not be asked to assist with CCA duties, again this is subject to your school upper management. For some , the contract teaching phase is quite relaxing, for some it may be quite stressful. But generally you will have to be in school 15 mins before the bell rings for first assembly, and you can expect to work at least until 4-5pm everyday.

Thank you for replying :) kind of nervous for my first day

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.