Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

dongcute

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 mySIM 3 20 gives 15GB per customer for just $20/mth, including Caller ID.

All 3 lines on the same plan, only cost $60/mth.
Unless the handset subsidy is >$45/mth, going for the Combo XO route still cost more.

Accounting the free 12 months MobileShare (I can't find it on the website), it'll be like this:
- First 12 months: $94.05/mth
- Next 12 months: $118.05/mth
- Average cost: $106.05/mth

To get handset subsidy of about $1100, it's like getting iPhone XS/Max directly from Apple. Taking into street price of the phones to compare, it's just ~$900 subsidy ($448 on Combo XO + $100 upgrade discount vs $1350 street price).

Not very sure if $200 extra is worth or not, since you're getting 45GB vs 36GB still.
Likelihood of data bundle plunging after your current contract is kind of low, if TPG service trial gives 2GB/day at full speed for free for one year, and seeing their Australian prices thereafter is still pretty cheap.

Very good breakdown. In my case, my 2 mobileshare use less than 4gb combine. Thus, I have 32gb to myself, instead of just 15gb. Can Netflix all the way outside 😁

Jescowalker

Reaction score
anyone can get esim from StarHub ? wanna use that on my pixel 3 so I can free up the physical sim for overseas use

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very good breakdown. In my case, my 2 mobileshare use less than 4gb combine. Thus, I have 32gb to myself, instead of just 15gb. Can Netflix all the way outside �
Oh then liddat maybe can consider mySIM E 70 instead for the main lines, and Circles Flexi plan + $8 for 1GB add-on, if they don't need much talktime and SMS. If need more than 30 mins talktime (both in & outgoing calls), get the Zero1 1GB to Unlimited plan instead. First 6 months $9.90/mth, $13.90/mth thereafter.

- mySIM E 70: 35GB data bundle. $70/mth including Caller ID.

- Circles Flexi + 1GB add-on: 2GB data bundle. $8/mth including Caller ID.

Total cost: $86/mth.

- Zero1 1GB to Unlimited: Unlimited Data Bundle (first 1GB full speed; up to 1Mbps thereafter). $9.90/mth including CID for first 6 months, $13.90/mth thereafter.

Total cost (averaging out over 24 months): $95.80/mth.

The same Circles Flexi & Zero1 plans can be applied to the SingTel Combo XO plan, but taking into account handset subsidy and additional subscription cost, M1 mySIM E 70 set up will still save about $200-240 over the 24 months contract for iPhone XS/Max.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2 using GAGT

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone can get esim from StarHub ? wanna use that on my pixel 3 so I can free up the physical sim for overseas use

eSIM support still limited to the smart watch by Samsung iirc. Never expand into iPhone yet, as well as other phones.

dongcute

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh then liddat maybe can consider mySIM E 70 instead for the main lines, and Circles Flexi plan + $8 for 1GB add-on, if they don't need much talktime and SMS. If need more than 30 mins talktime (both in & outgoing calls), get the Zero1 1GB to Unlimited plan instead. First 6 months $9.90/mth, $13.90/mth thereafter.

- mySIM E 70: 35GB data bundle. $70/mth including Caller ID.

- Circles Flexi + 1GB add-on: 2GB data bundle. $8/mth including Caller ID.

Total cost: $86/mth.

- Zero1 1GB to Unlimited: Unlimited Data Bundle (first 1GB full speed; up to 1Mbps thereafter). $9.90/mth including CID for first 6 months, $13.90/mth thereafter.

Total cost (averaging out over 24 months): $95.80/mth.

The same Circles Flexi & Zero1 plans can be applied to the SingTel Combo XO plan, but taking into account handset subsidy and additional subscription cost, M1 mySIM E 70 set up will still save about $200-240 over the 24 months contract for iPhone XS/Max.

True. Too bad I'm stuck with ST becos of my Apple watch numbershare. 😂

Jescowalker

Reaction score
if StarHub tell me 25th Dec port in , any expert can tell me around what time it will start porting over ?

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if StarHub tell me 25th Dec port in , any expert can tell me around what time it will start porting over ?

Usually the porting is done at 11.00 pm and should be completed by midnight.

There should have SMS on the porting process.

Remember to restart your phone.

jywy2005

Master Member
Reaction score
I have 3 Mobile share lines with singtel. Can I port over 1 mobile share line over to M1?

Is there a cheap youth plan with a lot of data in the market?

galaxyuser

Reaction score
Yes you can port. And if you define cheap as under 50 dollars, then Circles with up to 32GB for 48 with sign-up code 12GBXMAS.

I have 3 Mobile share lines with singtel. Can I port over 1 mobile share line over to M1?

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

As long as your MobileShare contract is over, you can switch to M1.

mySIM 3 20 (12 months contract). $20/mth for 15GB data. 1GB extra for SAFRA. NTUC have 1GB extra and 10% discount.

Same data/talktime/SMS bundle for mySIM E 40 (24 months). It's handset contract instead of sim-only.

Youth plans aren't that worth now considering the mySIM E plans give much more data within the same price bracket, unless you need extra talktime & SMS

Taking Youth Benefits into account:
- Lite+ (3+2GB) @ $42 vs mySIM E 40 (5+10GB) @ $40
- Reg & Upsized Data (4+3+3GB) @ $67.90 Vs mySIM E 70 (15+20GB) @ $70
- Reg+ & Upsized Data (5+1+4GB) @ $87.90 Vs mySIM E 90 (30+20GB) @ $90
- Max & Upsized Data Super (7+1+18GB) @ $119.70 Vs mySIM E 118 (50GB + unlimited 1Mbps) @ $118

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No. The 2 supplementary mobileshare lines are for my parents. Apple watch numbershare is tied to my main line.
Oh, then liddat I guess, for you stay on Combo XO while parents move to other telcos to save money? Haha

Vivagirl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
been using the old iphone value plan with 12gb for many years. today went down to m1 to change it to sim only plan end up have to pay 21.40 for change of plan no waiving :(

so i did the ntuc card sim only combo for mysim3 for $20
$18 after 10% disc plus $7.50 for unlimited talktime (originally $15 now got 50% disc) so total i pay $25.50 per mth (include gst)

5gb standard + 10gb (for 1yr only) = 15gb
unlimited talktime i added = $7.50
change of plan = $21.40

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
been using the old iphone value plan with 12gb for many years. today went down to m1 to change it to sim only plan end up have to pay 21.40 for change of plan no waiving :(

so i did the ntuc card sim only combo for mysim3 for $20
$18 after 10% disc plus $7.50 for unlimited talktime (originally $15 now got 50% disc) so total i pay $25.50 per mth (include gst)

5gb standard + 10gb (for 1yr only) = 15gb
unlimited talktime i added = $7.50
change of plan = $21.40

Your iPhone Value plan can be recontracted and get a subsidized handset, you know right? Keep your full bundle as well.

kuti-kuti

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, need serious opinions.
Just visited m1 and starhub.

First, is it allowed for me to upload their flyers here for reference? I not promoting but want to refer to flyer for opinions. Will get infraction?

M1 sim only no contract has only 3gb for $20 and a $40 for I think 10gb, if i rem correctly, but starhub sim only no contract got one $50 per mth, 30gb, and free 10gb for a year.
both SP no hidden cost, wif caller id, roaming, free registration etc

Any opinions please?

Last edited:

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

First, is it allowed for me to upload their flyers here for reference? I not promoting but want to refer to flyer for opinions. Will get infraction?

M1 sim only no contract has only 3gb for $20 and a $40 for I think 10gb, if i rem correctly, but starhub sim only no contract got one $50 per mth, 30gb, and free 10gb for a year.

Any opinions please?
M1 no contract SIM Only does not come with Caller Number Display and Roaming Subscription.

Free CND and RS is valid only for those with 12 months mySIM 3 and 24 months mySIM E contract; and it's only valid during the contractual period.

kuti-kuti

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 no contract SIM Only does not come with Caller Number Display and Roaming Subscription.

Free CND and RS is valid only for those with 12 months mySIM 3 and 24 months mySIM E contract; and it's only valid during the contractual period.

I now do not want contracts, so it seems sh one is better...

Vivagirl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your iPhone Value plan can be recontracted and get a subsidized handset, you know right? Keep your full bundle as well.

yes i heard about that but i have another handset line with sh which i can recontrct so i let this go. i dont really use much data but more calls so it was an illfit for me.

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
I have both starhub and m1 in my household, starhub on iphone , m1 on huawei mate 20x , m1 seems a bit faster

I just recontracted 12 months mysim 20 for 15gb data at $20 monthly

Any opinions please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.