Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

future173

Reaction score
Yea.. but lucky i manage to grab another phone and recorded partial of the Conversations. Just hoping everything will be fine

Dont give them your account or read their msg at all. As for making police report, that is the correct procedure.

Reaction score
Yea i think they dont have my account number which they keep asking me for it. What i worry is they just transfer the cash to my account and said that i have borrowed the money and they can just come after for it. But anyway, i went to file a police report already, dont know if that helps.

Yes, they can actually do what you just mentioned. Don't release any personal details at all!

Reaction score
Bro KLeong

You are very right. Thanks your advice.

THEY WILL NEVER GIVE THIS KIND OF LOAN ( proper monthly payment loan) via sms. GOT TO VISIT THEIR OFFICE FOR PROPER LOAN APPLICATION.

You quote:
Would like to highlight a few things

1) lml is not allowed to advertise.
2) all the monthly installment plans are tricks for ppl to reply to their advertisement. Uml and lml will never give this kind of loans.
3) no legal loan company will ask for your singpass, ic or bank account over the phone. Even at lml office, they will ask you to key in the password for your singpass. They wont ask for it.
4) all lml will need you to go down to their office to sign documents before they can approve your loan or disperse the money.

If you see them do any of the above, 99% they are LOANSHARKS.

These are not just loan sharks, they are LOAN SCAMS! They are really terrorists in our local turf.

future173

Reaction score
Yea... but till now i have yet to received xtra money into my account.. so i assume should be alright. i just worried that they might just get hold of my bank account details even without me providing it

Yes, they can actually do what you just mentioned. Don't release any personal details at all!

future173

Reaction score
Another Question. For LS, are they able just to put an amount under my NRIC number and claimed that they have actually loan the amount to me? *note: i mean by no funds was transferred to me.

Reaction score
Another Question. For LS, are they able just to put an amount under my NRIC number and claimed that they have actually loan the amount to me? *note: i mean by no funds was transferred to me.

As long as you don't release your bank account and don't receive any money, you should be safe. They could still come up with creative ways to trick you but you are in a better position than many of the past victims here.

You can see their entire mode of operation here - https://youtu.be/xPiz0UcMVTA

Last edited:

chulu2810

Reaction score
Diff to settle like? Lml r binded by regulation.
If they too much, can get Mlaw to intervene?
Eg 3.5k chuck up to 26k?
Yet to call them cause they holding on my old number.
Most they send demand letter but few send their collector but no one at home.
Kid n wife bunk at in law place.

Lml more difficult to settle

Makminah

Reaction score
Hi All.

One of LS just ws me asking for a date. No threats from them yet. I am still firm and staying strong not to give in to them. But reading the previous post, I am scared that those LML might have linked to LS as well. Haiyaa.

Lynn14

Reaction score
I have made a police report. I have blocked their numbers. They start sending me message and send a list of my neoghbour. Im so scared they will come.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Prepare for tsunami of threats .

Sit out till over , be weeks or months. Let it be.
Deal with neighbours about this scam. You cant avoid this.

Cctv is vital . Ahlong runners scared of cctv.

I have made a police report. I have blocked their numbers. They start sending me message and send a list of my neoghbour. Im so scared they will come.

Reaction score
Hi All.

One of LS just ws me asking for a date. No threats from them yet. I am still firm and staying strong not to give in to them. But reading the previous post, I am scared that those LML might have linked to LS as well. Haiyaa.

My guess is that LML and UML could well be linked. Stand firm.

Lynn14

Reaction score

My void deck at the lift alone got 3 cctvs.

Reaction score

Work on the assumption that they could come. Watch your surroundings if it is properly watched by CCTV. If they ever hit, activate police rightaway. With CCTV watching, there is no way they can run. Know also that the harassing runner could well be a victim, getting them arrested will actually save them. The penalties for harassment is very very heavy.

Lynn14

Reaction score

I have made 1.7k to them whereby they only transfer ne 300

Fear Less

Reaction score
Agree with bro j league cctv is best defence.
Take his advice.

Your case is confirmed a scam .
Will disturb your workplace and nok using phone threats , try to destroy you mentally.

Do not be scared. Believe in us.
NEVER GIVE IN TO THEIR DEMANDS.

Work on the assumption that they could come. Watch your surroundings if it is properly watched by CCTV. If they ever hit, activate police rightaway. With CCTV watching, there is no way they can run. Know also that the harassing runner could well be a victim, getting them arrested will actually save them. The penalties for harassment is very very heavy.

Originally Posted by*Lynn14:

Makminah

Reaction score

Mine too. My LS send me a list of all my neighbours name and address. I just ignore him. He send me about a week ago and nothing happened.

Just be vigilant though. I got 2 LS. The one who send me the list of neighbours till now quiet since a week ago. The other one just texted me asking me for a date this afternoon.

Still ignoring them and standing firm for my rights. I know its easier said than done but you gotta be strong. Many here are survivors far worst than what we went through.
Take their advise and get ready for a fight. Hopefully things will get better for everyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.