Neighbour sold BTO unit, value doubled. Shd i? Buy what then?

pippo20

Master Member
Reaction score
Dont sell now lah, this one is million dollar view. Next time old liao cannot climb stairs then sell haha.

bermudas

Reaction score
Loft units esp one of that size are pretty rare AFAIK. Personally, unless i really need the $ i rather live in it & enjoy. Its quite near punggol mrt & waterwaypoint too.
Yeah, walking distance to MRT (and Waterway Point).

wah jealous lei.. HDB loft unit... TS queue number single digit ah?
My number was the first double digit number haha!

Sell and buy the unit below/nearby, then you will get the same unblocked view with extra $$$
One of my option too.

Dont sell now lah, this one is million dollar view. Next time old liao cannot climb stairs then sell haha.
Hahaha old time by then accrued interest alot liao.

Clazav

Reaction score
Yeah, walking distance to MRT (and Waterway Point).

My number was the first double digit number haha!

One of my option too.

Hahaha old time by then accrued interest alot liao.

Treelodge? I don't think it will climb higher than 900k. So this is probably near the peak.

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would just sell and get a more central location.

mid 30s still can bia and service a mortgage of a doable loan duration.

Last edited:

ktyandkyc

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will prob sell, can def pia another unit. Ur flat prob rental yield not high else is pia pte condo

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If no intention to have kids, I would cash out and stay in a fully paid place. Debt-free is certainly way to go even though you may be young. Why take on another mortgage when that sum can easily help you retire earlier.

Clazav

Reaction score
If no intention to have kids, I would cash out and stay in a fully paid place. Debt-free is certainly way to go even though you may be young. Why take on another mortgage when that sum can easily help you retire earlier.

Being debt free might not be help you retire earlier. Of course being in debt also doesn't mean you can retire early. But what I meant is that, fully paying a mortgage loan allow u to be more stress free, but not retire early.

bermudas

Reaction score
Treelodge? I don't think it will climb higher than 900k. So this is probably near the peak.
We are kinda on the same page.

I would just sell and get a more central location.

mid 30s still can bia and service a mortgage of a doable loan duration.
Thing is, i am not keen in central as my fam members are all in the east and i dont work in central too.

I will prob sell, can def pia another unit. Ur flat prob rental yield not high else is pia pte condo
At the same time, loan for PC would be higher too.. doesnt it even out at the end of the day?

Agree. At at age of 30 plus, still far from thinking of relaxing.
Agree!

Thanks bro... good words!

Clazav

Reaction score
We are kinda on the same page.

Thing is, i am not keen in central as my fam members are all in the east and i dont work in central too.

At the same time, loan for PC would be higher too.. doesnt it even out at the end of the day?

Agree!

Thanks bro... good words!

Why do you think it will be harder to go above 900k? I mean I said that too but would like to see others' opinion too.

bermudas

Reaction score
Why do you think it will be harder to go above 900k? I mean I said that too but would like to see others' opinion too.
In my opinion, following are the main reasons:-

a. Singaporean's fixation with central locations such as TPY/AMK/Bishan
b. Lack of renowned schools such as Rosyth, SCGS, RI, RGS etc
c. Notorious bottleneck at TPE exits

What do you think?

Clazav

Reaction score
In my opinion, following are the main reasons:-

a. Singaporean's fixation with central locations such as TPY/AMK/Bishan
b. Lack of renowned schools such as Rosyth, SCGS, RI, RGS etc
c. Notorious bottleneck at TPE exits

What do you think?

Those factors have always being around. In my opinion, there are hdb with better view and amenities up in the north. They have higher floor and newer and will likely have a better facade and design.

rizhal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suggest TS offer to sell to test market. Can you find a serious buyer?
If cash in is viable, get another fully paid unit and live happily.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Not location, location and location?
A million dollar flat can't be too ulu.

Those factors have always being around. In my opinion, there are hdb with better view and amenities up in the north. They have higher floor and newer and will likely have a better facade and design.

mun_hoe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rare loft unit......it'll be a matter of time to breach the million dollar mark, but also probably lots of premium 4/5Rm units will have already breached that mark beforehand.

If given a choice of a 5rm DBSS unit in prime AMK/TPY/TP vs treelodge loft units (assuming same price point) I will go for the loft unit.

Clazav

Reaction score
rare loft unit......it'll be a matter of time to breach the million dollar mark, but also probably lots of premium 4/5Rm units will have already breached that mark beforehand.

If given a choice of a 5rm DBSS unit in prime AMK/TPY/TP vs treelodge loft units (assuming same price point) I will go for the loft unit.

Within 1, 2 years upon MOP, if a hdb unit can't sell above 1mil, unlikely it will sell above that in future. If it really hit above 1 mil, it is probably due to stronger economy / inflation.

bermudas

Reaction score
Yeah, agree with u on those factors.

I suggest TS offer to sell to test market. Can you find a serious buyer?
If cash in is viable, get another fully paid unit and live happily.
Finding a serious buyer should be easy, but the price point may not be agreeable. Thanks rizhal.

I did a quick check on HDB resale website and apparently there were alot of DBSS sold at above 1 mil SGD in recent mths. These were probably purchased at ard 600K SGD initially. U just filter 5-rm and at the different locations (Bishan/TPY/AMK).

Within 1, 2 years upon MOP, if a hdb unit can't sell above 1mil, unlikely it will sell above that in future. If it really hit above 1 mil, it is probably due to stronger economy / inflation.
Thanks Clazav.

noel13

Reaction score
I would suggest sell and go for the upgrade.

We know HDB will know appreciate as high.

Private property give u more freedom and flexibility.

At your age? (Leverage the loan)

The last option is sell and buy a fully paid hdb. With no appreciating value and CPF and A Interests struck inside...

bermudas

Reaction score
I would suggest sell and go for the upgrade.

We know HDB will know appreciate as high.

Private property give u more freedom and flexibility.

At your age? (Leverage the loan)

The last option is sell and buy a fully paid hdb. With no appreciating value and CPF and A Interests struck inside...
Thank you Noel for your opinion. Appreciated.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.