Amazon Fire TV

Savage1

Reaction score
Yes, using the Fire TV 2016 model. Prime and HBO mostly over ExpressVPN. Works great.

kimutaku

Reaction score
Yes, using the Fire TV 2016 model. Prime and HBO mostly over ExpressVPN. Works great.

Hi, can i check if you are using Amazon prime US or Singapore? I am subscribed to Prime Singapore but the prime video doesn't work on my Fire TV.

Savage1

Reaction score
Hi, can i check if you are using Amazon prime US or Singapore? I am subscribed to Prime Singapore but the prime video doesn't work on my Fire TV.

I'm using Prime USA.

I think if you use Prime from another country on your Fire TV, you have to go to Manage Content and Devices on the Amazon website and deregister your Fire TV from USA and register in the other country's Amazon account (I know you can do that for UK on Amazon.co.uk, but given that SG doesn't have a website, I'm not sure you can do that for SG).

robtay

Reaction score
Anyone managed to solve this issue? Amazon Fire TV is a lovely device and nice interface. But irritating that despite being a singapore prime user, I can only access singapore content on laptop/ipad/iphone and not on my TV !!!

I have used Amazon support chat, but they were not able to help me and I still get the Amazon error code 5505.

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does Amazon prime has good content compared to Netflix ?

Savage1

Reaction score
Does Amazon prime has good content compared to Netflix ?

Its different.

Off the top of my head, things I've watched on Prime that aren't on Netflix are shows like the Night Manager, Doctor Who, Psych, Mr Robot, Mad Dogs, etc. Movies are mostly older ones.

Then you have the free subscription periods to HBONow (1 month for GOT last year), SlingTV (1 month), StarZ (1 week?), etc.

legochick

Reaction score

Were you able to fix yours? I’ve been trying to make it work but no luck.

Toshiba4khome

Reaction score

Did you try using the app on a phone and choose play on Fire TV? Other option I tried was using the Silk Browser to access the site and play videos...

flikmy

Reaction score
Anyone managed to solve this issue? Amazon Fire TV is a lovely device and nice interface. But irritating that despite being a singapore prime user, I can only access singapore content on laptop/ipad/iphone and not on my TV !!!

I have used Amazon support chat, but they were not able to help me and I still get the Amazon error code 5505.

Not sure if you have still been trying but I got my Fire TV stick in late 2016.
Then started subscribing to prime video in singapore.
The problem is that Amazon doesn't actually sell the Fire TV's outside their main markets and definitely not in Singapore.
So primevideo singapore actually isn't supported on the Fire TV.

Weird and ironic, because I can watch prime video on my apple tv.

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The problem is that Amazon doesn't actually sell the Fire TV's outside their main markets and definitely not in Singapore.

u can prime from ur phone then cast to firetv

Toshiba4khome

Reaction score
Did you try the Silk Browser on Fire TV? If not then try installing and open prime video website, login and try playing a video.. that works for me..

robtay

Reaction score

I can watch prime on my Samsung TV natively with the Samsung TV app. I can watch prime with my ancient apple TV. But not with the Amazon Fire. I have checked. There is an Amazon prime basic which was released to support overseas Amazon Prime markets, but on the list of countries, Singapore is not listed. Which makes me wonder if it is worth buying since it also might face the same issue.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201624360

Anyone got the basic version and does it work in Singapore?

Will try the silk browser suggestion. But seems a pain to go that route.

infernolord

Reaction score
hi, did anyone bought fire cube.. i cant watch any of the prime movies even subscribed to prime USA.. sad

deepfriedbrain

Reaction score
u can prime from ur phone then cast to firetv

Has anyone tried this approach? Does it work for for the iOS Prime Video app?

I stumbled upon this thread after reading several reports of Prime Video app on Fire TV not working in SG with the SG Amazon Prime subscription.

Can anyone confirm that it works?

Ginger_hair

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this approach? Does it work for for the iOS Prime Video app?

I stumbled upon this thread after reading several reports of Prime Video app on Fire TV not working in SG with the SG Amazon Prime subscription.

Can anyone confirm that it works?

The stick will only work with your Singapore subscription if you subscribe to the USA prime, not the SG version. USA is international, the UK one will not work outside of Singapore either. Using your phone and pressing play on firestick will work if you have then both on the same WiFi network SSID.

rEe_TaN

Master Member
Reaction score
The stick will only work with your Singapore subscription if you subscribe to the USA prime, not the SG version. USA is international, the UK one will not work outside of Singapore either. Using your phone and pressing play on firestick will work if you have then both on the same WiFi network SSID.

Er.. im trying hard to understand.. The stick will work for SG subs if you subscribe to US Prime?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.