MSI GTX 980TI issue, screen freeze + loud buzzing noise in background, random BOSD

neobear224

Reaction score
HI Corbell, recently this month Dec 2018, i have been getting alot of random BOSDs when doing random non intensive task (browsing Youtube etc). Also getting screen freeze w/ loud buzzing noise through audio peripherals (Headphones & Loud Speaker) when playing any intensive GPU + CPU related games (Half Life 2 Mods, Battlefield V, Sudden Strike 4 etc). I suspect my GPU is dying. I think I have a few more months of warranty left for this card. I have the invoice from SG PCMART & 3 year warranty Corbell sticker on the box. Purchased via online. Do advise me on where to go next. Thank you so much for reading!

Date of Purchase: 07/02/2016

Last edited:

neobear224

Reaction score
Follow up post, my most recent crash dump report from WhoCrashed, crash dump analyzer software.

u9cCbfl.jpg

Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Sun 23/12/2018 2:03:35 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\122318-5265-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF8054DA27783)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8054DA27783, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_6bc621d9790e90e7\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 416.81
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 416.81
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 416.81 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Also did a Benchmark stress test with MSI Kombustor v4 x64 @ stock GPU settings (No Overclock), computer gave a bluescreen with some white text words just over 10min + of stress testing.

clon22

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi neobear224,

Please bring the card down for a check.
If it's faulty, we'll send it back to MSI for RMA.
Try to get bring it down by this week coz cny is 1st week Feb and
pretty sure all overseas shipment(incld rma) will be jammed by Jan.
(We're closed tomorrow btw)

neobear224

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Is Corbell address at " Blk 4012, Ang Mo Kio Ave 10, Techplace 1, #06-04, Singapore 569628" ?

neobear224

Reaction score
Does Corbell loan any used GPU to tide over the RMA period, how long is the RMA period? Thanks for reading.

clon22

Suspended
Reaction score
Does Corbell loan any used GPU to tide over the RMA period, how long is the RMA period? Thanks for reading.
Generally no but we'll see what we can do.
See what we have on hand at the point of time.
Let us know when you are here. :)

neobear224

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the update, will drop by this Wednesday afternoon around 1 - 3pm, day after Christmas.

neobear224

Reaction score
I have another question, does the RMAed (replaced GPU) get any warranty covered if God forbid in the future (e.g. 2021) it becomes spoilt after a few years of use due to wear, tear or overheating from playing graphically intensive games?

clon22

Suspended
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the update, will drop by this Wednesday afternoon around 1 - 3pm, day after Christmas.

Sure. :)

I have another question, does the RMAed (replaced GPU) get any warranty covered if God forbid in the future (e.g. 2021) it becomes spoilt after a few years of use due to wear, tear or overheating from playing graphically intensive games?

The warranty picks up from where you left off.
So no worries. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.