Not open for further replies.

fat_boyz

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
9nHL5TY.jpg

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"I feel like I have come home. From the moment I found out that I was doing this role, today is the day that I really couldn't wait for. To walk out at Old Trafford means so much to me and I want to thank you all for making me feel so welcome. Walking into the training ground on that first day last week was quite something, to see all the staff, many of whom I knew and a few new faces too - it was something special.

After today's game against Huddersfield Town, we will be halfway through the Premier League season and I am under no illusions as to the scale of the job ahead. We all have a lot of work to do in order to get this club back towards where it should be. Not only do we have to improve our results, we have to remind people what Manchester United is all about. We have to show everybody who we really are.

This is a club built on entertainment and excitement, on giving young players the opportunity to express themselves. These players have shown that they have the never-say-die spirit that United has always had. There is a lot of talent in our squad and this is a big opportunity for these players to demonstrate that and show everybody why they play for this great club. I want Old Trafford to see that today.

It has been a difficult season so far, of course, but throughout it all, our supporters have been incredible. This is how I remember the fans from my previous time at the club: Home and away, the players are always able to count on your backing. It is time for that faith and support to be repaid.

There are plenty of games left this season and lots to be optimistic about. We still have a lot of games to play in the Premier League and ground to make up on the teams above us; we have an FA Cup campaign starting next month and, of course, there is a very exciting Champions League tie with Paris Saint-Germain to look forward to.

We have a huge challenge ahead over the rest of the season, but this is a club which rises to challenges and relishes them. It will require hard work from every single person associated with the club, but it can be done and I am very excited to be involved.

I hope you all enjoy the game!"

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ottoke

Reaction score
26 December 2018, Wednesday

Premier League 2018/19
11pm - Manchester United vs Huddersfield Town [MUNHUD]
mio Stadium 103 (Singtel TV Channel 103, StarHub TV Channel 228)

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"entertained" is very subjective one. Some are entertained as long as there are trophies at the end of season.

Coaches don't get sacked unless they under delivered ie not winning or drawing matches they supposed to win. I'm talking about contract payout if they don't achieve both.

That means, not winning trophies, losing/drawing games they are supposed to win..and playing dour football without progression.

If they are playing entertaining attacking football and there's progression but still losing/drawing matches, if the board still wants to sack the manager, then he's still entitled to the payout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.