Where to buy this power supply unit

lifeinmono

Reaction score
jXkqGjYl.jpg

The router is able to detect WiFi dongle that is attached to the TV but can't switch on.

Does anyone know where I can buy the psu to replace?

Thanks.

Sent from iPhone XS Max using GAGT

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jXkqGjYl.jpg

The router is able to detect WiFi dongle that is attached to the TV but can't switch on.

Thanks.

Such item is controlled by manufacturer so can only buy from Samsung.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jXkqGjYl.jpg

Thanks.

32in TV or router? Try eBay or Taobao. There is lots of 2nd hand part you can get there.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
32 inch TV.

WiFi dongle is able to detect by wireless router but TV cannot on.

You have to open up the TV and look for the power supply board. If WiFi is on, this could means only supply to LCD back light is bad. Some part of power supply may be bad.

lifeinmono

Reaction score
Where and who I can call to fix this ah

You have to open up the TV and look for the power supply board. If WiFi is on, this could means only supply to LCD back light is bad. Some part of power supply may be bad.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where and who I can call to fix this ah

You may want to refer to the repair thread. It may be expensive to repair due to labour cost unless you can diy.

Try open up the back cover with power unplugged and take some pictures on power supply. It may be just capacitor issues.

RSKeisuke

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you can remove the PSU board, it should be a very easy repair job...
SMPS repairs are very common...

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you can remove the PSU board, it should be a very easy repair job...
SMPS repairs are very common...

Such TV parts are controlled by the manufacturer and only their repair man can buy from them.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For TV, I repaired mine becos it's on warranty. LCD panel spoilt. So Samsung replaced a panel for me. The invoice amount end up was~$800. This price think u would rather buy a new TV. :s22:

For your case, it could be also becos LCD backlight spoilt. My even older TV kena. Turn on see a black screen, but when u look closely, u can see a faint image. Just cannot see clearly becos no backlight

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For TV, I repaired mine becos it's on warranty. LCD panel spoilt. So Samsung replaced a panel for me. The invoice amount end up was~$800. This price think u would rather buy a new TV. :s22:

For your case, it could be also becos LCD backlight spoilt. My even older TV kena. Turn on see a black screen, but when u look closely, u can see a faint image. Just cannot see clearly becos no backlight

Very expensive to repair.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is the old way of doing thing and after u changed it will be faulty again so nowadays they change the whole thing. Sometime immediately it blow up again or other components blow up and it keep repeating.

No true. I find in Singapore we normally do it this way as most technicians no skill in components level (also labour is expensive). If you go China, many repair in components level.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No true. I find in Singapore we normally do it this way as most technicians no skill in components level (also labour is expensive). If you go China, many repair in components level.

That is why i say using old way to do thing. Many yrs ago i also see the techician change the components but now they say waste time checking and change the whole thing as other components will blow up later and some immediately blow up again. Many techicians told me that when i was doing some research where to get my TV repaired. Even for notebook motherboard they also change the whole thing. Sorry to say, Sg is not China. We are western country in Asia. When i was in Australia i followed their way and when i was in Thailand i followed their way too. Now i am in Sg i follow Sg way of doing thing.

Last edited:

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What makes you sure that the replacement boards that SG technicians are using were not repaired at component level by China workers

Also, the same argument can be used even if you change things at the board level - Now speaker PCB, next time PSU, next time display.

Best if give you BNIB replacement, right?

People don't do component-level repair on-site because it takes time and doesn't always work / doesn't always have the parts. A BOM of one board is better than one of 9001 components. Easier and makes more money when billing too.
And also definitely because less training is required. Less time per job also = Less labor hours. Leave the labor-intensive to China.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun need to argue. The cost of repairing is not even worth it.

A normal 32 inch. Can go as low as 199.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6000 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.