Screen problems on iPad Pro 10.5 inch

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When I say I never buy early means if I buy early and now I know then the warranty over already.

I saw this white patch few months back but I thought its my screen protector so I didn’t care until I saw this thread.

My screen protector was $49 :(

Is there any Nubox, Epi Centre or I Studio shops in Orchard?

I going to do a 1:1 exchange for my iPad next Tuesday. Sigh.. can say bye bye to my screen protector and iOS 11.4.1

Will be using this iPad until next year when I can upgrade my contract then I buy the 2018 11” iPad Pro

I endured the white patch for over a month until I went to google about it and saw the thread at another forum, then decided to make a Genius appointment. My screen protector was $79.

AFAIK, Nubox is currently undergoing liquidation (owned by Newstead) and might close shop soon. Epicenter already no loner around, bought over by iStudio. iStudio nearest to Apple Store is across the road at Paragon basement, can access from in front of building. The other iStudio is at Plaza Singapura basement.

I won’t be getting any new iPad anytime in the near future as mine’s still relatively new and I only get wifi versions. I should be using my 10.5” Pro for another 2-3 years at least.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
There got stock mah?
The people there paste good?

I endured the white patch for over a month until I went to google about it and saw the thread at another forum, then decided to make a Genius appointment. My screen protector was $79.

AFAIK, Nubox is currently undergoing liquidation (owned by Newstead) and might close shop soon. Epicenter already no loner around, bought over by iStudio. iStudio nearest to Apple Store is across the road at Paragon basement, can access from in front of building. The other iStudio is at Plaza Singapura basement.

I won’t be getting any new iPad anytime in the near future as mine’s still relatively new and I only get wifi versions. I should be using my 10.5” Pro for another 2-3 years at least.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There got stock mah?
The people there paste good?

I got mine back from Nubox before their liquidation and the pasting was good. iStudio doesn’t carry InvisibleShield but my 7 Plus’ screen protector was bought and done at iStudio Paragon, was a Filipino woman who helped me pasted it and it’s good too.

akkh1234

Reaction score
I brought my iPad Pro 10.5 which I bought when it was first launch in 2017 to Apple Orchard and the staff, after verifying that the white spot was indeed there said that I can only get a replacement for $668 as it cannot be repaired.

I read from other forums like macrumors that we are not alone with this distinct specific issue and to me, it sure sounds like a manufacturing defect and I hope more people who bought the iPad Pro 10.5 with this issue do come forward and pen down their grievances and dissatisfaction.

The more complaints we wrote the more people around the globe will notice this and hopefully it will put Apple in a bad light and do something about it!

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Depends on how you use it.
Heard from some people even though the set has been exchanged, few months later the white spot still come out.

Hope mine not like that after I do a exchange on Tuesday. Hard to get appointment.

I will do a test on the screen after I get the replacement

I brought my iPad Pro 10.5 which I bought when it was first launch in 2017 to Apple Orchard and the staff, after verifying that the white spot was indeed there said that I can only get a replacement for $668 as it cannot be repaired.

I read from other forums like macrumors that we are not alone with this distinct specific issue and to me, it sure sounds like a manufacturing defect and I hope more people who bought the iPad Pro 10.5 with this issue do come forward and pen down their grievances and dissatisfaction.

The more complaints we wrote the more people around the globe will notice this and hopefully it will put Apple in a bad light and do something about it!

MorningStars

Reaction score
My iPad Pro also got this problem recently, the white spot spreaded gradually over time, never dropped, handled with care, Guess I will never buy an Apple product any time sooner.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
My iPad Pro also got this problem recently, the white spot spreaded gradually over time, never dropped, handled with care, Guess I will never buy an Apple product any time sooner.

You can send it to apple to get it fixed. But knowing Apple with iPad it is highly likely that they will just replace it with a certified refurbished set.

humanrace

Reaction score
You can send it to apple to get it fixed. But knowing Apple with iPad it is highly likely that they will just replace it with a certified refurbished set.

That is if you are within the warranty period. Else, I was told $688 for replacement. Sounds like a widespread issue.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Your own iPad Pro??
Can post pictures?

Mine so far so good for my 10.5 after being replaced last month.

My 10.5" bought in May this year was replaced in July due to this issue, now it seems like it's beginning to surface again, like slowly 'spreading'. :s22:

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Spreader overtime like what? Can shown picture??

mackie8

Reaction score
Actually yes but found a good deal sealed 10.5 at $800 (64gb wifi)

While 11inch pro is at $1079 after my discount

But im still holding coz im reading a lot of this issue....

Im coming from ipad air 2.

10.5..... tot i prefer 10.5 than the 11

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually yes but found a good deal sealed 10.5 at $800 (64gb wifi)

While 11inch pro is at $1079 after my discount

But im still holding coz im reading a lot of this issue....

Im coming from ipad air 2.

10.5” got this issue while the new Pros have bending issue, with one fellow forumer having a line down his screen.

But the 10.5” 64GB wifi at $800 is a good price. I bought mine at RRP.

mackie8

Reaction score
Actually there’s another seller at 256gb $930
Also sealed and wifi...
but im not sure if too much for my usage.
Coz my air 2 now i still have 20gb space after 4yrs haha...
my old air2 is primarily used by my son for gaming... im mainly using mine for ragnarok, stardew valley and movies

10.5” got this issue while the new Pros have bending issue, with one fellow forumer having a line down his screen.

But the 10.5” 64GB wifi at $800 is a good price. I bought mine at RRP.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.