M1 fibre broadband good?

squarepipe

Reaction score
sidenote;

any recommendations for router/ modem? if i sign the m1 plan should i take the plan with the velop? mainly because it looks like it takes up less space then the lyra. or should i just get the contract without either, and get them seperately? was also looking at the netgear orbi.

new place, so no existing modem or routers.

also if anyone knows when is the next pc/it show? maybe can lookout for it then.

Depends if u are pro or noob at networking.

If pro and house have ethernet cables, buy ubiquiti unifi router, switch and access points. If don't have ethernet cables, ubiquiti ap can be connected wirelessly to each other.

If noob and be it house have or don't have ethernet get the velop,orbit, Google WiFi etc. They aren't much different from each other

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
Fibre don’t have modem alr, is call ONT. they will provide ONT for you, router is up to you. Lyra is smaller than the velop FYI.

Oh didn't know that. lol, too long since i had to do this.

regarding lyra and velop;

lyra is smaller? but take up more tabletop space right? at least from the look of both. velop is taller yes.

-Grift-

Reaction score
Oh didn't know that. lol, too long since i had to do this.

regarding lyra and velop;

lyra is smaller? but take up more tabletop space right? at least from the look of both. velop is taller yes.
From reviews Lyra seems to perform worse

badsector

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
switched from VQ. Generally i find M1 quite good. i only watch online streams
but their route to china not as good compared to VQ. small issue lah

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
seems like M1 is pretty decent, and i can't rem where i read (one of the bros here posted), "it's not everything is fine and dandy that they should be judged, it should be when they have screw ups and need tech support/ help . and they are fast to answer and react."

looks like m1 1gb, with velop it is.

thanks people!

ahgalgal

Reaction score
Yes M1 is quite good.

Yes so far no problems with M1. Been a satisfied customer and they also send letter to inform if there is upcoming network maintenance (which is usually done during sleeping hours).

wcw1350

Reaction score
Anyone know if M1 Fibre Broadband Have any promotion going? And if registration fee for new sign up can be waived?

I have decided to sign up M1 > Singtel after reading much reviews.
However, seems like M1 is more expensive, $39.90/month + $58.85 registration fee. Whereas Singtel is cheaper on average with free 6 month + $49.90/month and free registration fee.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Anyone know if M1 Fibre Broadband Have any promotion going? And if registration fee for new sign up can be waived?

I have decided to sign up M1 > Singtel after reading much reviews.
However, seems like M1 is more expensive, $39.90/month + $58.85 registration fee. Whereas Singtel is cheaper on average with free 6 month + $49.90/month and free registration fee.

If cost is a concern why not sub to the $29 plan form M1?

JustCuri0us

Reaction score
personally i think m1 fibre broadband is better than starhub.
my whatsapp pic takes a bit of time to send to others thru starhub fibre broadband.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
personally i think m1 fibre broadband is better than starhub.
my whatsapp pic takes a bit of time to send to others thru starhub fibre broadband.

Honestly everything will take time and internet technology is not something that straight forward. There must be other ground to support such saying. May be M1 is better.

petetherock

Reaction score
If cost is a concern why not sub to the $29 plan form M1?

I’m looking at this and the free digital phone is quite a bonus.
Is anyone using M1?
They are being bought over and I don’t want to end up with a dead company ..

Belle69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
213f8td.png
[/IMG]

M1 gave me a v good re-contract deal.

Considering today Sunday speed is good.

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any reason?

Sent from :bandit:
Stay low Move fast !
Shoot first Die last !
One shot One kill !
No luck Pure skill !!
:s17: using GAGT
M1 is the 1st ISP to give up the users name during the dallas club saga.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
M1 is the 1st ISP to give up the users name during the dallas club saga.

Torrenting...
:(

State court already rule IP address isn't sufficient evidence to pinpoint offenders. Also the lawyers who sent the threatening letter got warning

https://singaporelegaladvice.com/dallas-buyers-club-saga/

Torrenting depends on your router.

Previously my Asus n56u becomes unusable with 30-50 torrents seeding. After switching to pfsense router, I can seed 100-150+ torrents (1.5 - 2TB a day) without any noticible slowdown.

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you will have to wait for "IT alike Shows" before they do some promo bundle, i got mine with the switch.

currently are the standard router and mesh wifi bundles

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score
how do u all get deals for recontract? does m1 call or give u a letter? mine will be up soon in a few months

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.