[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

tired24/7

Reaction score
Hi to all, would like to seek some advice.

I want to buy a PS4 slim console and connect it to a monitor (LG 24MK430H-B) . But the monitor does not have any in built speakers but rather a headphone out jack. So in this case, what I plan to do is to buy a logitech speaker (Z213 2.1 speaker) and connect it to this headphone jack. Will this work and play the PS4 audio?

Thanks in advance (^^)

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score

I want to buy a PS4 slim console and connect it to a monitor (LG 24MK430H-B) . But the monitor does not have any in built speakers but rather a headphone out jack. So in this case, what I plan to do is to buy a logitech speaker (Z213 2.1 speaker) and connect it to this headphone jack. Will this work and play the PS4 audio?

Thanks in advance (^^)
Yes it should work.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

culepico

Reaction score

Thanks in advance (^^)

Will work. Tried and tested.

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Noob question here.

My brother in law is intending to buy a ps4 and I would like to share my ps store games with him. He is based in Malaysia.

If I were to set his ps4 as my primary console, can I still buy games from my non primary console in sg? I'm assuming it is account dependent and not console dependent.

Similarly, I can still play network games on my sg ps4 because my ps plus is account dependent?

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3 XL

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Just got a Bluetooth headset (no audio cable) but no PS4 support (common). Hence, researched and found that a dongle is the solution.

So which brand for the Bluetooth dongle USB adapter do you all use? Thanks.

ElZedHaitch

Reaction score
Guys. I saw that gamextreme has a trade in for a ps4 pro. i was thinking of trading my slim for a pro for 299. I use my ps4 only for exclusives so not so often, but i thought 300 for a new better console + get warranty seems quite okay. And I got my original ps4 around 300, now sell for 220 not so bad also.

Thoughts?

culepico

Reaction score
Guys. I saw that gamextreme has a trade in for a ps4 pro. i was thinking of trading my slim for a pro for 299. I use my ps4 only for exclusives so not so often, but i thought 300 for a new better console + get warranty seems quite okay. And I got my original ps4 around 300, now sell for 220 not so bad also.

Thoughts?

Better hardware is always good for gaming. If you want 4K gaming, then upgrade to ps4 pro for sure. If not, ask yourself whether you are willing to part with $299 for a slightly noticeable improvement in performance. You may check some benchmarks online between slim and pro and decide whether it is enough improvement to warrant the money spent.

ElZedHaitch

Reaction score
Better hardware is always good for gaming. If you want 4K gaming, then upgrade to ps4 pro for sure. If not, ask yourself whether you are willing to part with $299 for a slightly noticeable improvement in performance. You may check some benchmarks online between slim and pro and decide whether it is enough improvement to warrant the money spent.

its not super worth it. but for an extra controller (mine is getting old) and to get warranty again seems quite nice. Really depends on what other exclusives are coming. I have a PC where i Play mostly so I only play exclusives on my PS4. which is why I am not sure. I slso don;t really play 4k since my monitor is 1440p

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score

Thoughts?
There was this saying that if you can afford, just go for pro. It is said that pro offers better framerate at 1080p. I have a slim at I do experience framerate drop sometimes when playing mh world, horizon zero dawn, red dead redemption 2.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Well I got CUSA05574 wihich doesn’t match any of the PS4 websites and it isn’t listed on gamefaq either. What region game is this?!
This is Witcher 3 GOTY edition? According to SG PSN (here), R3 should be CUSA05571. According to UK PSN (here), R2 is also CUSA05571, which means R3 and R2 are compatible, but that's a bit strange cos R3 version has English, Chinese and Korean. It's likely that the SG PSN site is wrong. The gamefaq site doesn't usually track Asia versions, so it doesn't help here.

I think better ask others here who own R3 version of the game to confirm.

Here's the instructions if anyone with R3 Witcher 3 GOTY can help confirm the product id:

Copy the game's save file(s) to USB thumb drive (easier if you use one that doesn't already have game saves copied to it before). Connect the thumb drive to a PC, look at folder PS4, then folder SAVEDATA, there will be a folder with 16 alphanumeric characters (this is probably an encrypted code for your PSN account that played the game). Under that, you will see one folder for each game. The folder name is the Product ID like CUSAxxxxx.

dlwk_cal

Reaction score
There was this saying that if you can afford, just go for pro. It is said that pro offers better framerate at 1080p. I have a slim at I do experience framerate drop sometimes when playing mh world, horizon zero dawn, red dead redemption 2.

still worth trading in normal PS4 for a pro ah?

i also notice framedrop when play RDR2.

special edition PS4 like the MGS got better value not?

cutthroat

Reaction score
This is Witcher 3 GOTY edition? According to SG PSN (here), R3 should be CUSA05571. According to UK PSN (here), R2 is also CUSA05571, which means R3 and R2 are compatible, but that's a bit strange cos R3 version has English, Chinese and Korean. It's likely that the SG PSN site is wrong. The gamefaq site doesn't usually track Asia versions, so it doesn't help here.

I think better ask others here who own R3 version of the game to confirm.

Here's the instructions if anyone with R3 Witcher 3 GOTY can help confirm the product id:
Yeah Witcher 3 GOTY edition. But it seems i was mistaken about the region. I did double check with the individual who gifted me the game (carousell purchase record) and confirmed It's actually R2.

Issue here being, Digital R2 and Physical R2 have different product codes so the game saves wont be compatible with the other. This game is getting harder and harder to find. Almost every game store i tried doesn't have one in stock, if it does it's from another region. That being said after 3 days i managed to find a seller, Verified the product code and sent someone to pick up the game from him today.

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
still worth trading in normal PS4 for a pro ah?

i also notice framedrop when play RDR2.

special edition PS4 like the MGS got better value not?
AFAIK, yes. So long as you can afford, just go for pro. Special edition more of the collector's value. So if you can sell it to a collector then it should give you a better value. Sell or trade in to shop they should be just take it as a normal console. (let's be honest, who will do losing business?)

networked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New in this PS4.... Last time my console gaming life stops at PS2, then busy with work and marriage...

Just bought the console, no game at all. Recommend on what I need to do?
- I need to create account, is this what we called PSN+ and to have that I would need to pay subscription fee annually?
- I have many desire to play old games, should i go for digital or just 2nd hand physical, such as batman series, mgs?
- Is the game region important? I read somewhere that region will only affected if there is DLC, but the main game should not be affected. Is that right? How about the digital version, do they also have region linked to it?

I think that will be it for now.. Thanks in advanced to kind soul for helping to solve my confusion.

Married with earning power should hoot digital on sale games. Who cares the $15-$20 physical so called rental, rush to play and resale. Why not pay the $20-30 digital sale price and own the game? So free to meet buyers and sellers after work? Make appt but buyer last time make excuse fly kite. To me its simply not worth the effort and time. Unless you are a student.

Now is the best time to hoot and collect the good and older games from psn store. Uncharted, horizon dawn and others all less than $10 usd.

Mgs andBatman u need to wait for warner sales usually July to aug. Mid year time

batman is on sale now

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1018-CUSA04601_00-RETURNTOARKHAMHD

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1018-CUSA00133_00-BATMANARKHAMKNHT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.