Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on what I feel the two games Ole has in charged, not only Pogba, but the whole team sabotaged Jose earlier gao gao ;)
For me it's more like JM Sabo our team by making them play a style that causes our players to make more mistakes. It's like purposely highlighting the problems we have in defence instead of overcoming it by going out to attack. The players are playing to their weaknesses instead of their strength. Just look at his weird lines up and subs as well.

Under OGS, it's the opposite, players are playing to their strength and that is to attack. If you are good in attack, you attack and not sit back and defend and allow the opponents to force you to make mistakes. That's why we don't see them playing to their potential and we keep wondering why they can perform under different team/manager ie playing for their country or previous club.

It's like buying F1 cars and forcing them to race on a off road rally track and wonder why they can't perform and blame it on the cars.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

pale

Master Member
Reaction score
Loving what I'm seeing so far after ogs took over.

But I need to see how the team reacts when they meet tops teams or when they go behind in a match.

I wanna see how they can bounce back from a loss

My 2 cents

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Loving what I'm seeing so far after ogs took over.

But I need to see how the team reacts when they meet tops teams or when they go behind in a match.

I wanna see how they can bounce back from a loss

My 2 cents

Yes, that's is the first challenge OGS will face. How to come back from a goal down. Will the same tactics work? Stay tune...He's only been at the hot seat for 2 games.

ticcan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Liverpool are due a bad run they can’t have everything going their way

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Glad that Rashford or Martial or Lingard and co do not need to defend as deep as the full backs. Maybe in touger games they will, but not against these opponents now.

Still remember in Mou’s 1st or 2nd match, Rashford at left wing was standing just beside the left full back to defend.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whole team of virus, dishonest players then.

Was JM honest in saying our players/team that they aren't good enough to play attacking football? Was he honest that he love our club when there was already discussion with RM on wages for plans for him to move there with discussions starting back in Oct?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we definitely saw attacking football with Jose initially but it stopped. only he knows why.
my guess is he saw the flaws of the defence, and being him, he prefers to see that part fixed that was why he brought in 2 ** and keep stressing that the players need to defend better.

he is someone that prefers winning 2-0 den 3-1
or 1-0 instead of 2-1
a fortress where not just win games, but opponents cant score.

downside is, he made players unhappy.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
Everyone says Utd way is attack attack attack, but SAF time he focused most in defence actually. He himself said before, attack win you games, defence wins you titles.

Our defence is definitely cui, last night if we were playing other top teams, we would be a goal down already. While everyone raves about us scoring 8 goals in two games, Spurs scored 11 in the meantime. OGS first test will be when we meet them. Hope we can get a defender in asap, and DoF too!

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JM in the past, with a team that has their defence fixed, will have eaten lesser teams too.
that's where he aim to stretch the goal differences.

can say we gotten a broken JM, not what he used to be...yada yada..
but same thing still remains, our defence would have been exposed by a stronger team last night.

we won't attack as much as we did for sure, but can we win with big margin? well, Fulham happened.

19dino

Master Member
Reaction score
Everyone says Utd way is attack attack attack, but SAF time he focused most in defence actually. He himself said before, attack win you games, defence wins you titles.

Our defence is definitely cui, last night if we were playing other top teams, we would be a goal down already. While everyone raves about us scoring 8 goals in two games, Spurs scored 11 in the meantime. OGS first test will be when we meet them. Hope we can get a defender in asap, and DoF too!

Remember his 451 or 4411 for CL games. Where defense really makes a big difference.

Yellowfin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
This two games does not mean there is no defence duty being emphasis by the OGS. The players do track back faster in the midfield than before.

At least currently, the midfielders are shooting more often than before which result in my shot at goal.

Ch3tah_39

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 satki goals from pogback :D

Ddg godly save. Looked like he was floating in the air. :eek:

Beside that pretty much the same old United only difference is run and run seems ultra attacking mode but actually not much threat. Opponent forgot their shooting boots.

Dalot got one nice chance! Pogba goals all very nice. Near to the end lindelof like want to self destruct loll

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Did playing defence win us the games for the past 6 months? You can't win if every match ends 0-0. Unless you're hoping for the opponent to score an OG or the ref to give us a pk in every match. You can forget about titles if you can't win games.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that's why JM also can do well in CL despite not so in EPL
1-0 0-0 he doesn't care
as long enough points to qualify the grp stage can liao
after that jus focus on not conceding away goal to get knocked out.
Remember his 451 or 4411 for CL games. Where defense really makes a big difference.

vickyboi

Reaction score
Enjoying all the posts.

Especially those about Fred.

When JM wasn't playing him all curse and swear.

When he is actually playing all curse and swear.

Fans....

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.