Jabra Elite Active 65t

kai123456

Reaction score
Just got the Jabra Elite active 65T earbuds yesterday from Amazon US and already experiencing problems.

1) Hissing or soft static sound on the left ear bud, about 2 seconds before and after I play pause music.

2) Audio either cracks or sound horrible when the bass is heavy. My volume is around 70-80% on my iphone and no matter how i tune the EQ the cracks and bad quality is still there.
Click or some weird sound when I up or down the volume around that range. It sounds a lot better when i connect to my mba tho...
SOLVED --> I didn't realise my spotify was on "low" quality, once i switched to normal or high, IT SOUNDS PERFECT.

3) When I tilt my head up to stretch my neck, the left ear bud completely goes silent. Music comes back again when I tilt back to normal.

If I can solve these issues, I would say the earbuds are quite good. Comfort level wise, it's very subjective. My ear canals are not the same size fml. So one is comfortable while the other is uncomfortable.

I've done the firmware update, re-pair the earbuds and everything as suggested by Jabra's support center, but the problem still persists.

Anyone facing the same issue? Or I just suay to receive a faulty set...

Last edited:

Immortal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got the Jabra Elite active 65T earbuds yesterday from Amazon US and already experiencing problems.

1) Hissing or soft static sound on the left ear bud, about 2 seconds before and after I play pause music.

2) Audio either cracks or sound horrible when the bass is heavy. My volume is around 70-80% on my iphone and no matter how i tune the EQ the cracks and bad quality is still there.
Click or some weird sound when I up or down the volume around that range. It sounds a lot better when i connect to my mba tho...

3) When I tilt my head up to stretch my neck, the left ear bud completely goes silent. Music comes back again when I tilt back to normal.

If I can solve these issues, I would say the earbuds are quite good. Comfort level wise, it's very subjective. My ear canals are not the same size fml. So one is comfortable while the other is uncomfortable.

I've done the firmware update, re-pair the earbuds and everything as suggested by Jabra's support center, but the problem still persists.

Don't have such issues at all.

You tried re-pairing ? Or got some magnetic fields disturbance ?

Mine when near ezlink tap points will have some static.

kai123456

Reaction score
Don't have such issues at all.

You tried re-pairing ? Or got some magnetic fields disturbance ?

Mine when near ezlink tap points will have some static.

I tried re-pairing and did the "forget this device" work around... no improvements.

I think i'm a walking maget. sighh...

ivan07

Reaction score
How is it compare with Bose soundsport free in terms of audio quality? I am deciding between the 2.

Legionchaos

Reaction score
have u tried to update it with the new firmware? I do notice when u taking bus near the exit there is static and lost of left bud connection i guess is due to some wireless "thing" emit by the security camera

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just got my ear bud yest.
any one feel the midsize earbud gel too small and the large one too big?

the large one create a vaccumn which rather uncomfort and the midsize like not fitting. :(

Get comply foam tips.. fit all ear size.

warehaws

Reaction score
I have the active 65T (blue) paired with iphone7 and ios12. so far no issues

try to pair to another phone to isolate if issue is with phone bluetooth

kai123456

Reaction score
have u tried to update it with the new firmware? I do notice when u taking bus near the exit there is static and lost of left bud connection i guess is due to some wireless "thing" emit by the security camera

YEAH! I just noticed today, was sitting beside the exit door and suddenly no more left earbud connection. The MRT too, but it was just a short slight silent when walking through the doors, i guess the motion sensor is disrupting too.

kai123456

Reaction score
I have the active 65T (blue) paired with iphone7 and ios12. so far no issues

try to pair to another phone to isolate if issue is with phone bluetooth

I'll try that, and yeah i suspect it's something to do with my phone's bluetooth too.

Anyways, I just figured out the bad quality sound comes from my spotify setting! I just switched to normal or high quality and IT SOUNDS GOOD FINALLY.

Immortal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get comply foam tips.. fit all ear size.
Went back to try the default buds that came with it. Used the largest 1 and it fits well enough for a jog.

No issues with the charging box as well. Comply foam tips still a wee bit better (sound & isolation)

freshvibes

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some are saying that there is no lag while watching videos like Youtube etc..

Is this true? Saw some reviews which says that there is lag.

dustyRoom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some are saying that there is no lag while watching videos like Youtube etc..

Is this true? Saw some reviews which says that there is lag.
am also interested to know.

Sent from a planet far far away using GAGT

theaudioguy

Reaction score
I got mine tips from ConnectIT at 313. They have the full range of comply tips for test fits though. Don’t worry! It’s clean! Better to test to get a right fit and seal.

just got my ear bud yest.
any one feel the midsize earbud gel too small and the large one too big?

the large one create a vaccumn which rather uncomfort and the midsize like not fitting. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.