NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

nooz17

Reaction score
Since they told us that we may expect to assume duties in June/July if accepted, I don’t think the medical email will come so soon.

after scrutinising the language in the email a little, i have a thought. do you guys think that we have a firm (pending medical) indication that we got in?

poppyave

Reaction score
Me too. Im still waiting. May I know whats your subject? And which level?
Congratulations! Nice news before New Year. I'm still checking my email like an addict. :(

When is your briefing date?

i'm doing primary music! DipEd if that makes a difference for you guys.

my briefing date is 10th Jan! a short while from now. fingers crossed for you guys!

Kookiee

Banned
Reaction score
Good day all, am wondering has anyone heard of Edith Cowan University?? Is its accreditation in Singapore recognized in the sports industry??

I have interest in becoming a Physical Education Teacher, and came across International Sports Academy (ISA) in Singapore which offers a Bachelor of Sports and Exercise Science which is accredited by ECU.

Their world ranking according to Shanghairanking's Global ranking is no. 21 better than NTU at no. 50-100 ranking range. Do you think with this qualifications, MOE will accept or have to be from local U like NTU then will suffice? Because there is another sub forum solely talking about private U and PE teacher scheme, but the thread is dead so am trying my luck here.

Sources:
https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/ebc51e_6f7992a69eec40c38cd33e7eacf4c4f3.pdf

http://www.shanghairanking.com/Special-Focus-Institution-Ranking/Sport-Science-Schools-and-Departments-2018.html

lonely_driver

Reaction score
Good day all, am wondering has anyone heard of Edith Cowan University?? Is its accreditation in Singapore recognized in the sports industry??

I have interest in becoming a Physical Education Teacher, and came across International Sports Academy (ISA) in Singapore which offers a Bachelor of Sports and Exercise Science which is accredited by ECU.

Their world ranking according to Shanghairanking's Global ranking is no. 21 better than NTU at no. 50-100 ranking range. Do you think with this qualifications, MOE will accept or have to be from local U like NTU then will suffice? Because there is another sub forum solely talking about private U and PE teacher scheme, but the thread is dead so am trying my luck here.

Sources:
https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/ebc51e_6f7992a69eec40c38cd33e7eacf4c4f3.pdf

http://www.shanghairanking.com/Special-Focus-Institution-Ranking/Sport-Science-Schools-and-Departments-2018.html

I have colleagues who do not even have sports background being accepted as PE teachers. I myself am not from a sports degree programme but I've playing sports and coaching most of my adult life. I'm thankful to have been accepted.

juggernaut7

Reaction score

Hi,
If u are interested in being a PE teacher, any degree major will do & strongly advise to get a degree from a recognised uni. It's best u get it from our local uni or overseas uni which is recognised by their local govt, as for long distance learning, I wonder if MOE recognised those degree.
In our PGDE batch, most are either local unis grad, a handful from overseas uni like Uni of London but never come across long dist graduates.
If u are really interested in PE, can try apply to SUSS part-time degree, they have a major in PE & Mgmt and grads of SUSS are accepted into the PGDE programme.

Mamimo

Reaction score
Happy new year everyone! Start of the new month too. Hopefully we’ll get our medical notification/ appointment letters soon! 😂😂😂😂

pmamate

Reaction score
Happy new year everyone! Start of the new month too. Hopefully we’ll get our medical notification/ appointment letters soon! 😂😂😂😂

I received the same email as you as well. May I know when was your interview?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.