[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Spiderman worth buying from the current sale?

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3 XL

oz_yuber

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, it's quite a nice game and the story line is pretty neat. Many little details are in place, such as when you walk past some people and there's small conversations going on which can be quite witty at certain point of time.

Crimsom

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PHP:

Bought this last week from the current sale and it is alot of fun. Now I’m regretting not buying the digital deluxe edition instead

Go for it!

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, i have a 1TB sandisk SSD lying around. is it worth the trouble to upgrade the PS4 HDD to it? It will not void the warranty right?

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, i have a 1TB sandisk SSD lying around. is it worth the trouble to upgrade the PS4 HDD to it? It will not void the warranty right?

Will not void warranty but the speed difference isn't as huge as pc.

The performance of ssd and hybrid drive in ps4 is similar.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sian... something happened to my ps4... i turned it on for the first time in 3 months and started PvZ2 GW... halfway loading it shut down, and now cannot turn on at all. i plug the power got blue light for 1 second and then off liao. then cannot on at all... :( RIP?...

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Question:

Whatever region disc I get, I can download dlc for that game by creating an account for that region and downloading it, and play it on any of my accounts?

Effectively meaning it doesn't matter what region disc I buy? Do I understand this correctly?

Anyone...?

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will not void warranty but the speed difference isn't as huge as pc.

The performance of ssd and hybrid drive in ps4 is similar.

I see, I will probably swap out when its full then. :o

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ask you guys.

by default when you subscribe to PS PLUS, does it already auto upload the save game data to the cloud? my ps4 cui-ed. cannot turn on at all.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Also, any notable VR games to recommend?
Best PS VR games (family friendly):
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission (metacritic 90)
- Moss (metacritic 85)
- Tetris Effect (metacritic 89)
The first 2 have demos on US psn store, can try first.

You can also download PS VR demo 'disc' from US and UK psn store for free (that's the same discs that come with the headset, different region has different contents).

Others...
Horror: Resident Evil 7
On-rail shooter: Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Online FPS: Firewall Zero Hour

PS. I don't personally own PSVR, this is based on reading/watching reviews and let's plays.

Last edited:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Question:

Whatever region disc I get, I can download dlc for that game by creating an account for that region and downloading it, and play it on any of my accounts?

Effectively meaning it doesn't matter what region disc I buy? Do I understand this correctly?

Anyone...?
Correct.

There are things to take note of:

- Some games/DLCs are locked to region (can't think of example offhand) or locked to account (this is especially for microtransaction type of DLC, if you use a certain account to buy the microtransaction, you cannot use another account to access it).

- Creating account on other regions to buy DLC for that region's game is easy, but it does involve buying the respective region PSN card to top up the account's wallet. You do so digitally, pay via cc/paypal and get code immediately, from sites like Amazon US, Amazon UK, PC Game Supply (these sites do not have mark up, for the latter, some denominations have 'activation fee', buy $10 ones instead).

- If you intend to sell off the disc after playing, note that somehow the market views R2 as inferior. There is no logical explanation for it. Some say the PEGI rating logo is ugly (personally I think it looks good, especially since it has color).

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
ask you guys.

by default when you subscribe to PS PLUS, does it already auto upload the save game data to the cloud? my ps4 cui-ed. cannot turn on at all.
For auto upload to work, you must put the PS4 in rest mode instead of completely powering down.

Can't remember whether default is on, I think it is. But you need to set up a few things, like activate the ps4 as primary ps4, let the PS4 connect to internet while in rest mode, and set auto-upload on. There are also limits (1GB, 1000 items) so if exceeded it won't upload.

Also, the cloud save is only for PS+ account, if you have multiple accounts, the other accounts are not backup to cloud.

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Best PS VR games (family friendly):
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission (metacritic 90)
- Moss (metacritic 85)
- Tetris Effect (metacritic 89)
The first 2 have demos on US psn store, can try first.

You can also download PS VR demo 'disc' from US and UK psn store for free (that's the same discs that come with the headset, different region has different contents).

Others...
Horror: Resident Evil 7
On-rail shooter: Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Online FPS: Firewall Zero Hour

PS. I don't personally own PSVR, this is based on reading/watching reviews and let's plays.

Thanks man, backside itchy hooted one recently :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.