[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS Lyra Trio - Corner to Corner WiFi

stone1978

Reaction score
any ideas how to set to use 2.4g? my house robot vacuum need to tag 2.4g wifi.

kwekey

Reaction score
Anyone face wifi dropping issue after updating to latest firmware? My few mobile device keep getting signal drop and go to 4G. Did a factory reset and problem still occur. All node is on ethernet backhaul and the Lyra app showing 3 green line connection to main node.

Hi,I am experiencing this too.. but I have only one device, which is my Samsung s7 edge, that is having this problem. I connect to office WiFi, no problem..

I think this could be due to the recent firmware update...

Have you solve your problem?

plustwo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ap mode ethernet backhaul plug all the cables to lan port?

shachok86

Reaction score
Hi,I am experiencing this too.. but I have only one device, which is my Samsung s7 edge, that is having this problem. I connect to office WiFi, no problem..

I think this could be due to the recent firmware update...

Have you solve your problem?

i reset my lyra trio a few times and so far the connection is ok...but my wifi speed with 5g connection only max at 120Mbps... when i use older firmware can get up to 200mbps

spencert

Reaction score
I bought a 3 pack Asus Lyra Trio a few days back. Almost wanted to exchange them for Linksys Velop or Netgear Orbi after further research but was convinced by shop owner that there wasn't much value if I already have wired internet for backhaul. Orbi was twice the price with router and 2 satellites and Velop was about $100 more for 3 packs.

Glad I didn't do it because after initial issues with setting up my Asus RT-AC66U/68U routers, these little Lyra mesh nodes are pretty stable, fast and good.

My setup:
Aztech aztech dsl7000grv(s) --> Asus RT-AC66U (AP mode) --> 3 x Lyra nodes
1. Node 1 - Bedroom at 2nd floor (Ethernet backhaul) : Achieved 200mbps
2. Node 2 - Mezzanine floor (wireless) : Achieved 50mbps
3. Node 3 - Mom's room at 3rd floor (Ethernet backhaul) : Achived 200mbps

Mom's room

Bedroom

On Asus RT-AC68U - previously used as a repeater with no issues
Wanted to take out the Aztech router from the network. Initial plan was to replace it with Asus RT-AC68U as main router and add Lyra nodes to AiMesh network. After setup everything on AiMesh, the network lasted for like 15 mins then DC. Redo whole process again ensuring router set to Singtel - Others. Again, network DC very quickly,

Tried to set it up as a AP after the Aztech dsl7000grv(s) but there it keep showing disconnected status on setup page. Gave up after a long day. My conclusion was that either I screw up in setting it up or the router is faulty. Likely the latter...

On Asus RT-AC66U
Again started to set it up as a router. Failed as well. Keeps getting WAN status off. Go through setup again and double check settings but cannot find out what went wrong. Gave up after a few tries. Anyone can tell me what I did wrong? Keep wondering if I screw up setting the RT-AC68U as well but clearly AP mode worked on the RT-AC66U and not the RT-AC68U.

Finally, my least preferred route. To use it as an AP after the Aztech router and it worked. Separately, setup the 3 Lyra nodes to Lyra network. Have 1 extra SSID from the RT-AC66U AP but it's ok. Would have been better if I can use AiMesh though. Perhaps get another AiMesh router or just another Lyra node and set it up as main router?

For $360, Asus Lyra Trio is definitely a good buy. If only I could managed to get AiMesh working on the Asus RT-AC68U and have 4 nodes on AiMesh. :s8:

Latest update: Called in Asus support line and confirmed the RT-AC68U is faulty. Will try AiMesh again after replacement.

Last edited:

spencert

Reaction score
Replaced faulty RT-AC68U. Configured it as AiMesh router with 3 x Lyra Trio on AiMesh network.

AiMesh Router RT-AC68U - 239 / 437 mbps
2 x Lyra Trio on backhaul Ethernet - 220 / 409 mbps
1 x Lyra Trio on 2.4G wireless - 68 / 95 mbps

AiMesh is even faster, probably because using RT-AC68U as router now. Overall a happy puppy.

PS: If activate AiProtection with Trend Micro Security Malware monitoring speed will go down about 25%. Keep it on to see how things go.

fi5hbone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is my experience as well. Turning on those protection things slow things down. Almost like there was a VPN.

spencert

Reaction score
Came back home today. Router gone DC. Comes back if I disconnect Ethernet backhaul. Then still become unstable. Giving up on AiMesh. Wasted my weekend and Monday night. Going back to Lyra Trio Mesh. Will update.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.