Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makminah

Reaction score
Yap .. I really super lost now.. thinking of telling my family about this .. yet just step into house only start asking for $$$$for medical bill ...really sick and tired of my life ...and feel meaningless...

Clear your mind and tell them the truth. You need to have you NOK on your side right now. They confirm plus choo will bombard you one. But just keep quiet and listen. They are you family, they will never let you go through this alone. For medical bills and all, talk to the clinic or hospital medical social worker, they can help you out. Dont be too hard on yourself, for something to happen you have to make a change somewhere. When I was going through all this a close friend of mine told me, God will never test us something beyond our capabilities. He is doing this cause he knows we're strong enough to pull it through. Someone out there have far worst fate than us. Just dont give up on your life. Talk to someone, that was one of the ways that help me cope with this.

I really pray that god will ease away all your pain. Keep on fighting okay!

Reaction score
Yap .. I really super lost now.. thinking of telling my family about this .. yet just step into house only start asking for $$$$for medical bill ...really sick and tired of my life ...and feel meaningless...

Alright, you found us right! This is a group of survivors and we will make sure you survive this. PM me if you like. If not, just tell us your situation, many people are here to lift you up.

Reaction score
Dont have to change number. Personally I didnt block them at all cause I didnt want to bother my NOK. They called my NOK once or twice cause I keep on ignoring their text and msg. When they called, my NOK deny knowing me. They say they dont know such person and hang up.
And thats it they didnt bother them anymore. They might have your particulars and all but they only have your NOK name and hp numbers. They can never be sure that you gave the correct number. So you have the upper hand in this situation. Block all their numbers from your hp and NOK. If they call tell you NOK to f*ck them upside down, inside out. Or simply deny knowing you. If they still bother, report to the police. The trick is not to let their threats get to you mentally and emotionally. Show them fear and they will feed on it. If you're afraid to stand up against them thinking that it might trigger them to do something, ignore them. Like I did. Its almost a month now and thank god everything is fine. I got house burn down video, I got will come up my house threats, I got them sending a list of my neighbours names and address saying they will give me and my neighbour good service. All that but nothing happen. Not trying to boast about it cause I also dont know what is their next step but what I know is that I am doing soo much better now. If they really want to do something why wait until close to a month right?

I was in your shoes not too long ago. I also paid them more than the initial forced loan thru deferments. Double or triple the amount. I had to beg and borrow money from people just to pay them off. Thats when I realised, enough is enough. I can either continue to pay them and dig a deeper hole for myself with never ending debts or stop it once and for all. So I choose to stop. Of course I am afraid, even now I still am. Afraid that they will do something beyond our imagination but thats what they want us to feel. So you got to fight against your own demon to stay strong and be firm against them. Nobody in their right mind would want to cause emotionally stress to themself or their loved ones. But each day, I wake up and see my door intact, my walls clear I feel soo much better and grateful. You will definitely feel paranoid and uneasy till you cant eat or sleep hence thats why we advise you to install CCTV. To at least allow you to have ample amount of rest. So you'll be able to think with a clear mind. DO NOT LET THEIR THREATS GET TO YOU MENTALLY AND EMOTIIONALLY. Eventually you will feel numb reading all their texts. You need to remember your life still have to go on. You still need to work, need to go on with your life. Stressing about this mother****ers loanshark will affect your daily lives greatly.
Everything we do, good or bad have consequences. All of us here, our mistake was giving out our particulars blindly to this assholes be it intentionally or unintentionally and now we gotta to face the consequences lor. We can only give you advise and suggestions of what to do or what not to do. The rest is still up to you. We dont force you to listen, we are just here to let you know that you're not alone. Everyone here has their own story to tell. Everyone here faced the consequences of dealing with LS. Some are lucky, some are not that lucky.
Just remember keep calm everytime they text or call. Block all their numbers if you want to, in my case I didnt. Change your number if you feel its too overwhelming. Most importantly just dont give in to them. NEVER. As much as I pray and hope everyone here will be protected and away from any harm, I am no god to stop anything from happening. Just stay calm and dont let their threats get to you. Stay firm and keep on fighing against them. Take whatever actions you feel is necessary cause at the end of the day, its your life not mine. I can only do this much to help you through.

Good luck and all the best okay? ❤

You are a real survivor! I think they run out of runners to harass people or maybe Christmas, New Year drunk. Whatever it is, our life must and will go on!

Reaction score
Hi guys
I been reading most post about LS...
I had a problem wif old sch LS and UML...
For pass few days sleep wif open door window and tv on..
Can tahan paying them...
My life been down wif all this ****...
Any advice.....

To me, they are all the same. What is your situation? PM if you are clueless what to do.

Makminah

Reaction score
You are a real survivor! I think they run out of runners to harass people or maybe Christmas, New Year drunk. Whatever it is, our life must and will go on!

Too early to say bro..only 3 weeks past but I think all of us deserve a pat on our back for still staying strong.😂😂
Drunk or no people to keep their butts safe, I hope it stays that way.
So keep on fighting people!! Jiayou! 💪

Onespcs

Reaction score
3months ago my cctv caught a guy wearing red cloth at lift lobby near staircase keep looking at our corridor at 7am plus , after 3 month and that was 3 day ago same guy wearing same red t shirt do the same things at 2am plus I guess his waiting for chance to strike he didn’t know that cctv already caught his sotong face he thought that cctv only point at door cant see him hahaha , wait for sotong runner to strike,than his face will appear at police website.

Last edited:

Salim Mamin

Reaction score
Salim Mamin
Do the same steps me and alot of the other users have been emphasizing. More importantly go make police report, stop anymore transaction, cut off all communications with them. You want to block or not up to you. Just dont waste time replying them at all.

Then brace yourself for harassment. Phonecalls, texts & etc. They will call your NOK, workplace. So its better to tell them the come clean with them so they wont be taken off guard if they received the calls. How to tell then its up to you. What to tell them also up to you. Be honest about the loan also can, say lost ic and got scammed also can.

Whatever all of us have been saying is actually the same throughout. Just remember to not let their threats get to you emotionally and mentally. By doing that you already won half the battle.

The rest its up to you to handle.
Goo luck and all the best okay. Hopefully everything goes well for you.

Makminah
Thnx a lot for the reply..i'll try to do with the advise u have given to me..hope it will work with that..
Thnx again

Makminah

Reaction score
3months ago my cctv caught a guy wearing red cloth at lift lobby near staircase keep looking at our corridor at 7am plus , after 3 month and that was 3 day ago same guy wearing same red t shirt do the same things at 2am plus I guess his waiting for chance to strike he didn’t know that cctv already caught his sotong face he thought that cctv only point at door cant see him hahaha , wait for sotong runner to strike,than his face will appear at police website.

Have you report this to the police? If no, dont have to wait for him to strike just report as suspicious looking character. If he is one of the runner, why come up twice and do nothing and also why wait for 3 months? If the police catch him, that will at least give you a peace of mind. Perhaps you're already off their radar?
I hope all is well for your side.

Iammasked

Reaction score
Have you report this to the police? If no, dont have to wait for him to strike just report as suspicious looking character. If he is one of the runner, why come up twice and do nothing and also why wait for 3 months? If the police catch him, that will at least give you a peace of mind. Perhaps you're already off their radar?
I hope all is well for your side.

Just report police

Drew1133

Reaction score
Too early to say bro..only 3 weeks past but I think all of us deserve a pat on our back for still staying strong.😂😂
Drunk or no people to keep their butts safe, I hope it stays that way.
So keep on fighting people!! Jiayou! 💪

Bro, even if they threaten you, you also ignore their calls and text?
Just one of the LS is more headache for my side. Keep rejecting to give me account to close even when I have the money ready.

Drew1133

Reaction score
I want to pay for what I owe. But beyond that, if they keep come out all sorts of pattern, I will ignore alrdy.

Makminah

Reaction score
Bro, even if they threaten you, you also ignore their calls and text?
Just one of the LS is more headache for my side. Keep rejecting to give me account to close even when I have the money ready.

Yes bro. They send me a list of my neighbours particulars and say wanna give us good service. They say if I do not respond they gonna come up my house. I still ignore. I am soo use to them msg me this and that until cant be bothered already.
They are just trying to instill fear in you. Think of it this way, would someone who is trying to hurt you tell you before hand " Eh I coming down to your house tonight, better be prepared!" No right? Want to come just want wont talk soo much one right? So in conclusion if they kpkb want to come you also kpkb ask them come. Cause at the end of the day, just dont let them get to you emotionally or mentally. Do not show fear to them.

Good luck!

Super lost

Reaction score
Tks for your advise ...

I had make a police report..abd also closed my bank account to prevent anything come in to my bank .. starting today will ignore all theirs calls ... hope God is on my side and helping me nothing will happened to me and hope will not lost my job .and also hope the 3 big CCTV install by SPF will scare them away ... 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Super lost

Reaction score
U can count me in.

Chuchu,

I think for the suggestion given by one of the brother here .. we should form a team to guard our own house and rotate to individuals place dun need one big group cos more then 6pax is considered illegal gathering especially at night ... maybe can form a group of 3 to 4 ..cos the paint runner cannot be coming in big group also ... 3 person enough to grab him and handover to police liao .. that is my thinking .. what u think ?

matrix25

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have beed reading the threads whole night. I guess im not thr only one here.
I have been paying the Ls more then what i borrowed. And 1 of it i was few hours late for payment and they send runner to splash paint and lock my gate. Police came and break the lock.
The next day LS demanded 3k from my wife and she out of fear paid without me knowing.
So for the rest i have been defering. So after reading all the threads i have to put a stop to it.
Just a quick question. If they harrase u. Do u all reply them with challenge? My fingers are tempted to reply them

funky05

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have been paying the Ls more then what i borrowed. And 1 of it i was few hours late for payment and they send runner to splash paint and lock my gate. Police came and break the lock.
The next day LS demanded 3k from my wife and she out of fear paid without me knowing.
So for the rest i have been defering. So after reading all the threads i have to put a stop to it.
Just a quick question. If they harrase u. Do u all reply them with challenge? My fingers are tempted to reply them

I'm sorry to hear what has happened. My advice will be not to give in to their threats. The moment they know you are scared, they will try their tricks on you.

Don't have to challenge them. If you can, you can stand guard at your gate. That might deter the runners slightly if they choose to come. Be firm and pls do not pay more than what you initially took from them.

If you feel like challenging them, do lemme know bro. I would love to hammer them too!

chulu2810

Reaction score
True. My end LS so far no news n action also die down.
Outside unit got police camera aside fr my own on the gate.

I also available at night aft 12pm.
Maybe we can meet to discuss in detail.

Chuchu,

I think for the suggestion given by one of the brother here .. we should form a team to guard our own house and rotate to individuals place dun need one big group cos more then 6pax is considered illegal gathering especially at night ... maybe can form a group of 3 to 4 ..cos the paint runner cannot be coming in big group also ... 3 person enough to grab him and handover to police liao .. that is my thinking .. what u think ?

mahjong saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, recently I took a loan from LS due to my foolishness and rashness.
I took a 800 loan. Due date was 2 days ago but they ask me to defer bcos they cant find the clear acct. And I paid the deferment fee of $300. Now the boss ask me to take up another loan then he can find the clear acct for me to clear all at one go. What shld I do? If I ignore him, will I be harassed? He don't allow me to clear acct.

So funny they came up with such crap reason like cannot find the clearing account

I mean, that's their problem.. why penalise the one who borrows

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Hi all.

Dont reply...ignore all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.