Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2

HondaJG

Reaction score
Sorry bad typo there. I meant insurance in ADs are more expensive.

So I guess it is a norm use the AD insurance only for the first year, and then switch following year?
I'm assuming it's not possible to use my own car insurance right from purchase?

you can but there is additional admin fee for such request. ask your SE ba :s12::s12:

jujuhippo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it possible for me to pay downpayment etc and tell my SE that i wanna decide on the insurance later on? - whether to get it from KM or via my own contacts?

sigcomms

Reaction score
Anyone ever replace the whole radiator? Went to a workshop and it recommends to replace it as part of 10 yrs overhaul. Or just wait till it kaput?

topek88

Reaction score
Mine is 10yrs old too.. i think just wait for it to spoil first then change..

How much did the shop quote you?

sigcomms

Reaction score
Mine is 10yrs old too.. i think just wait for it to spoil first then change..

How much did the shop quote you?

Aftermarket (not original) including fan assembly, about $185 excluding labour. I guess labour will be in the range of 50 to 100, depending on other stuffs that i may want to change at the same time.

He explained that radiator can fail anytime without warning.

topek88

Reaction score
Not bad pricing, i saw one workshop quoted $380. Can share your workshop name/address?
I went to sg garage for my 10th year servicing. Changed my rotors/brake pads/engine mounting/fluids/suspension etc.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not bad pricing, i saw one workshop quoted $380. Can share your workshop name/address?
I went to sg garage for my 10th year servicing. Changed my rotors/brake pads/engine mounting/fluids/suspension etc.

Whats the damage?:D

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever replace the whole radiator? Went to a workshop and it recommends to replace it as part of 10 yrs overhaul. Or just wait till it kaput?

What is the reason for the workshop to recommend change whole radiator?

HondaJG

Reaction score
is it possible for me to pay downpayment etc and tell my SE that i wanna decide on the insurance later on?

huh? when doing your downpayment, you need to inform your SE your decision on the insurance direction loh :s12:
but when you doing your car booking, yes you can let your SE know later of your insurance decision :s13:

- whether to get it from KM or via my own contacts?

is best to get more clarification on whether can you use your own insurance coverage and what is the admin fee for this :D

sigcomms

Reaction score
Maybe. But was mentioned as part of the 10 yrs overhaul.... This is a precaution measures i think, also a usual practice by most SG workshops to drivers here.

Correct, replace as precautionary measure.

I don't like to tear the car apart if nothing wrong, unless necessary.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correct, replace as precautionary measure.

I don't like to tear the car apart if nothing wrong, unless necessary.

Personally, i will consider and wont commit immediately. Yeah, no problem why need to change, can wait awhile.... lolz

Solidus_GZ

Master Member
Reaction score
confirm my NCD can hold 2 years, just recieved my insurance NCD from KM SE yippee!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.