Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe he parked outside the gantries? That loop at the back is always packed with cars along the street parking lots.

chirpydragon

Reaction score
Happy New year!

This wish looks like a old COE car with manual key ignition, not easy to steal and tow trucks not allowed in Aeon. Most likely he go and install those auto start button.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

His FB stated Toyota Wish Aero Tourer in Grey/Silver... This model should be the newer one with keyless entry and start/stop...??

HellHunter

Reaction score
Doubt so. But if he does, it's just going to give opportunities to other garages.

The decision the bosses make is along the lines of, if increase price, how many customers will stop coming vs how much more revenue from increased price. So if they have 10 regulars each doing competitively priced work for average $100 each month, they make $1000 but if they increase price by 30% they will make $130 each and if they lose 2 regulars, they still make $1040, scaled up to how much work they really do.. Can be a lot.. Those that know pricing and carrot pricing will stop going but majority hear reputed name they'll go without comparing. The shops also usually do this when they can afford to lose business because they are already turning people away cos too many jobs.

Yes I agree . Sheng auto included as well

Yeh, it boils down to the honesty and integrity of the boss.. If they get greedy then it's bound to happen.. That said, I just went to Sheng and Jackson is really a top notch guy. Very honest and humble. Even though he told me my job roughly rm150, when he did he came and told me only need rm80 because the job no complications. If he'd not said anything also I'd have just paid the rm150 and been OK.

Went JB yesterday as no jam. Wanted to go CarClick to install lowered spring and bar but never go as Wife complain go to much workshop :s13:

After shopping at City Square Mall, went D’Lux for car wash at 9:30pm
Took up the 30Rm meguair wash, car clean clean and very bright.
About 20mins job for a car wash interior and exterior.

By far I think is the value for money wash.
D’Lux change lady Liao? Now is slim lady with a young kid inside.

Reach there no car so no need waiting.

Anyone try opti coat? For what purpose sia.

Can buy car wash package also bro, cheaper. I bought regular wash one, the rm15 one, 8 washes plus 1 free so 9 total for rm100 so only rm11 each. They have package for Meguiars one also I think rm200 for 9 washes, but have to confirm.
The slim lady with kid is Steven's wife I think :o

That's one thing I really like about D'Lux, little to no queue :s13: the workers also are thorough.

Opticoat is paint protection. It protects the paint from bird sh¡t, prevents dirt buildup. Makes the car very easy to wash and when wash it'll look like new(if your paint was good when you did it). It's basically a sacrificial layer on the outside like wax but can last 3-5yrs depending on the labour and product. Gives the car a nice, very smooth, glass like finish. They were having end of year promo.. Dunno still have or not :o rm840 for sedan.

Last edited:

cokiee

Reaction score
Hey there. Anyone has any recommendations for paint respray in JB? Got a few areas to touch up, but also potentially thinking of doing the whole car.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

topek88

Reaction score
Hey there. Anyone has any recommendations for paint respray in JB? Got a few areas to touch up, but also potentially thinking of doing the whole car.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

Many here recommends BTS painting workshop.
U can whatsapp mr bon, +60129806665 for a quote

camotorpedo

Reaction score
I honestly don't find Carclick that cheap, but my benchmark is Hawk Tayer which charges a slight premium over smaller workshops so if both of them quote roughly the same, i will still support Carclick where I can. After all workshops are in business to earn some money.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it’s not that difficult to steal. Please take precautions such as using a brake lock and install a kill switch.

I always park there, inside Aeon car park. That's why I suspect that wish has installed aftermarket keyless start ignition button.

xVrooMx

Reaction score
Just some info for you guys. When to Carclick last week to fix my suspension. Did a check in SG and was told to change quite a number of parts (Absorber, linkage, linkage bush, lower arm, absorber mount, stopper) but Ah Yuan say some of those parts I mentioned still working well, end up only change absorber, linkage and linkage bush. 1 week passed, so far so good. =D He really helped me to save quite a bit.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just some info for you guys. When to Carclick last week to fix my suspension. Did a check in SG and was told to change quite a number of parts (Absorber, linkage, linkage bush, lower arm, absorber mount, stopper) but Ah Yuan say some of those parts I mentioned still working well, end up only change absorber, linkage and linkage bush. 1 week passed, so far so good. =D He really helped me to save quite a bit.

This is a typical JB workshop style. Change only critical and necessary only. Even die die must change, workshop will ask car left how long or indent to renew or not....

This is what i like about JB workshop:s13:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it’s not that difficult to steal. Please take precautions such as using a brake lock and install a kill switch.

All these are deterrents only and yes good to have.
Nevertheless, once your ride is targeted, i believed these ppl are good at overcoming these deterrents.:o

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went JB yesterday as no jam. Wanted to go CarClick to install lowered spring and bar but never go as Wife complain go to much workshop :s13:

That talkative Malay lady kenna fired by Steven. Steven is the new boss now. That slim lady with boy is Steven's family.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have locktech + steering wheel lock.
Most importantly I am never complacent whenever overseas

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nothing is 100% safe. Unless you carry the engine with you while shopping. But having all these make the thieves think about stealing other cars instead of yours.

All these are deterrents only and yes good to have.
Nevertheless, once your ride is targeted, i believed these ppl are good at overcoming these deterrents.:o

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score

I'm thinking of going to DLux to do polishing and waxing. How long will it take usually? Is it safe to leave my car with them and I go and shop and eat then come back to collect the car? Thanks.

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it safe to leave my car with them and I go and shop and eat then come back to collect the car? Thanks.
No comment on DLux but repeat after me;
"Trust no one oversea, especially in JB".

My opinion, if you want save money doing in JB be prepared to waste your time looking after it, else you may end up polishing someone else car....

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of going to DLux to do polishing and waxing. How long will it take usually? Is it safe to leave my car with them and I go and shop and eat then come back to collect the car? Thanks.

PLEASE PLEASE & PLEASE, make sure your ride, valuable and family members are not out of your sight.... Not just in JB, but also in whichever countries you visit.

Downtime easily up to 6 hrs. PM them to confirm the downtime. Though i still rem they accept walk in.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.