Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

the_gryffindor

Reaction score
Spoke to someone at the branch. The promo is limited to those who received it or by branch. But the point is to enjoy the base interest now you need 70k.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But the picture embeded in a post in last page say top up maxigain to $70k for bonus cashback leh.

I thought the pic is vague (maybe deliberately) ... it says "top up 70k in MaxiGain" in one para but the "Earning Base interest and Bonus Cash Reward" (amount unknown) is in a separate para, no T&Cs, thus leaving room for interpretation ie they did not explicitly link top up 70k MaxiGain to get Base Interest AND Cash Reward.

from what Compro_1975 found out, it confirmed my earlier suspicion this is referring to the same ongoing top up promo all along ...

molangtsum

Reaction score
Is this the topup promotion you referring to?

This topup is up to dec 31, is your topup promotion a new one?

https://www.citibank.com.sg/global_docs/pdf/CITI_TOPUP.pdf?lid=SGENCBLIVCATLClickHereRENE

“Top Up” refers to a net inflow of funds from outside Citi into Customer’s primary accounts, including Citi checking and savings accounts, foreign currency time deposits, investments and life insurances distributed by Citi on an advised basis. Funds credited into cash management account, Citi MaxiGain Savings account, and SGD time deposit account where such time deposit has an interest rate of one (1) per cent or higher will not count towards a “Top Up”.

Why did you get this tnc link from? The link from citi website still links to the old (til Dec 2018) tnc.

Your link is updated to the CNY special with the correct dates (1 Jan 2019 to 28 Feb 2019) and the exclusion of "Citi MaxiGain Savings account" does not appear in this new tnc!!

Is that why the CNY promo is said to be applicable for MaxiGain by some other bro?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why did you get this tnc link from? The link from citi website still links to the old (til Dec 2018) tnc.

Your link is updated to the CNY special with the correct dates (1 Jan 2019 to 28 Feb 2019) and the exclusion of "Citi MaxiGain Savings account" does not appear in this new tnc!!

Is that why the CNY promo is said to be applicable for MaxiGain by some other bro?

it's found in Google .. the T&C from Citi's CNY TopUp site is still showing the previous version that excludes MaxiGain ...

so there is a separate promo with new T&Cs afterall ... but need to get PB/RM to register first

Last edited:

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.citibank.com.sg/global_docs/pdf/CITI_TOPUP.pdf?lid=SGENCBLIVCATLClickHereRENE

“Promotion Period” refers to 1 January 2019 to 28 February 2019 (both days inclusive).

“Top Up” refers to a net inflow of funds from outside Citi into all of a Customer’s primary accounts, including
Citi checking and savings accounts, foreign currency time deposits, investments and life insurances
distributed by Citi on an advised basis. Funds credited into cash management account and SGD time deposit account where such time deposit has an interest rate of one (1) per cent or higher will not count
towards a “Top Up”.

Top up reward now is $88 for 50k

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And they actually lower the min top up amount to 25k. Not bad Citibank !

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

“Promotion Period” refers to 1 January 2019 to 28 February 2019 (both days inclusive).

“Top Up” refers to a net inflow of funds from outside Citi into all of a Customer’s primary accounts, including
Citi checking and savings accounts, foreign currency time deposits, investments and life insurances
distributed by Citi on an advised basis. Funds credited into cash management account and SGD time deposit account where such time deposit has an interest rate of one (1) per cent or higher will not count
towards a “Top Up”.

Top up reward now is $88 for 50k

Means this reward $88 apply to us if we top up Maxigain $50k?
Exciting!

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Suggest that you enrol before Top up. It seems that Maxigain had been removed from the Top Up exclusion clause.

To be eligible for Base Reward, a Customer is required to:
(i) enroll in this Promotion through his/her Personal Banker or Relationship Manager within the Promotion
Period;
(ii) transfer the Top Up Amount within the Enrolment Month (less any funds outflow during Pre-enrolment
Period);
(iii) not have a net outflow of funds in any month within the Minimum Maintenance Period; and
(iv) maintain a qualified Citi Priority, Citigold, or Citigold Private Client banking relationship (including its
Asset Under Management requirement) from Enrolment Month throughout the Minimum Maintenance
Period.

vddgnd

Reaction score
it's found in Google .. the T&C from Citi's CNY TopUp site is still showing the previous version that excludes MaxiGain ...

so there is a separate promo with new T&Cs afterall ... but need to get PB/RM to register first
Do we have a fix personal banker/ Relationship manager?
I suppose just visit any full banking branch can enroll this promo right?
I sent message to Citibank inbox asking who is my Relationship manager, but they did not give a direct answer.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do we have a fix personal banker/ Relationship manager?
I suppose just visit any full banking branch can enroll this promo right?
I sent message to Citibank inbox asking who is my Relationship manager, but they did not give a direct answer.

PBs r for Priority accounts
RMs r for CitiGold

Your PB contact is printed in the paper statement .. next to your address, first page

RM contacts with photos, wont miss those

Make sure you have a record of the exact date your PB enrol you for the promo ... the last time, mine took a week after I have to remind her ... the reward crediting date is from the date of enrolment.

Last edited:

vddgnd

Reaction score
PBs r for Priority accounts
RMs r for CitiGold

Your PB contact is printed in the paper statement .. next to your address, first page

RM contacts with photos, wont miss those

Make sure you have a record of the exact date your PB enrol you for the promo ... the last time, mine took a week after I have to remind her ... the reward crediting date is from the date of enrolment.
Thanks for advice.

SKenny

Banned
Reaction score
Exciting!

Not sure if this clause exclude Maxigain top up or not?

"Funds credited into cash management account and SGD time deposit account where such time deposit has an interest rate of one (1) per cent or higher will not count towards a “Top Up"

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.