Android TV Box

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry late reply.
When at shop, the Box is working. When I bring home, it cannot connect to my home Broadband wifi and searching for internet for hours still cannot connect.
I use Ethernet cable also shows No internet connection.
I ask for help at shop and found out seller is another loud mouth ah beng from SLS.
Shop is Tampines block 230 area next to a pet shop hiazz

Can you at least ask the seller to do a one to one exchange? What is the brand and how much did you pay for it?

So the box can power up but can not connect to Internet through WiFi or Ethernet, right? Try to set the Ethernet interface to use DHCP and see if that helps.

Hazette1

Reaction score
Can you at least ask the seller to do a one to one exchange? What is the brand and how much did you pay for it?

So the box can power up but can not connect to Internet through WiFi or Ethernet, right? Try to set the Ethernet interface to use DHCP and see if that helps.

Hi
Tried asking already but he refused by saying my broadband not enough power to support PC, house phone, mobile phones, neighbor using Internet so bandwidth will be full blah blah blah :(
Correct. I already set it to DHCP instead of Static but still Error 404 sigh

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi
Tried asking already but he refused by saying my broadband not enough power to support PC, house phone, mobile phones, neighbor using Internet so bandwidth will be full blah blah blah :(

do a factory reset.

Zon

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi folks.. I was reading the last 5pages and need some help.

Seems like mi box s is highly recommended for newbies, but does not support atmos?

I am looking for
1) dlna
2) atmos support to my amplifier.
3) 4k Netflix

Any recommendations? Or will apple tv 4k be my best bet?

ktyandkyc

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi
So what is the brand?

jinghoe6373

Reaction score
Hi all,

could i know Mi box S global version is free to watch any HK,china channel?

Do it need to pay to watch netflix movies?

datolim

Reaction score
Infinite
But I don’t know which model or year

Hi

I have been using this 'infinite' TV box preloaded with apps for international tv channels for the last six months without problems. Today I notice I couldn't use it anymore. I think it is because Starhub has block the apps. Right no Internet connection to this tv box. Any solution to this problem.

Hazette1

Reaction score
I have been using this 'infinite' TV box preloaded with apps for international tv channels for the last six months without problems. Today I notice I couldn't use it anymore. I think it is because Starhub has block the apps. Right no Internet connection to this tv box. Any solution to this problem.

Mine is M1.
Only connection is few days after purchase. Even that is garbled.
After that Error 404 uploading

datolim

Reaction score
Mine is M1.
Only connection is few days after purchase. Even that is garbled.
After that Error 404 uploading

I have a second box from another brand. It doesn't work also, error 404. So before you buy another box let the folks here tell you if the problem is really because of the ISP like StarHub really blocking the Apps to the box.

xthene

Reaction score
I have a second box from another brand. It doesn't work also, error 404. So before you buy another box let the folks here tell you if the problem is really because of the ISP like StarHub really blocking the Apps to the box.

wouldn't that mean the death of android TV box?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wouldn't that mean the death of android TV box?

Death for the fully loaded box probably and death for those unofficial paid IPTV services which anyway are not worth buying in the first place.

Buy good quality box like Mi Box S (S$70-90) or Nvidia Shield TV. Or cheaper box like Tanix TX3 Mini or Tanix TX3 Max if your budget is about S$40- S$50 if you do not need Netflix.

If you worry about unofficial streaming, use official legal apps then like Toggle, TVB Anywhere, Starhub Go, Netflix, Viu, Apple Music, Spotify, etc. Note: you may need to use your mobile and the built-in Chromecast function for some of this apps for Mi Box S and Nvidia Shield TV.

I am paying for VIP access to QQ Music, Xiami Music and Youku for my Chinese Entertainment needs on top of SingTel TV. The three VIP access cost me RMB208 (S$42) this year which is very reasonable price to pay.

For English entertainment, I see quite some people here use paid Netflix with paid VPN (for US Netflix).

Last edited:

datolim

Reaction score
Thank you for your excellent insight.

I have no hesitation in paying for the legal TV services.

All I want is to watch these two TV news channels which were available previously from my 'infinite' TV box. They are MSNBC and CNN USA , not CNN international which I can get from my existing StarHub TV subscription.

I have check StarHubGo that you mentioned but they don't have these two channels. Incidentally the 'infinite' TV box have 1000 channels compared to 50 from StarHubGo.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Death for the fully loaded box probably and death for those unofficial paid IPTV services which anyway are not worth buying in the first place.

Buy good quality box like Mi Box S (S$70-90) or Nvidia Shield TV. Or cheaper box like Tanix TX3 Mini or Tanix TX3 Max if your budget is about S$40- S$50 if you do not need Netflix.

If you worry about unofficial streaming, use official legal apps then like Toggle, TVB Anywhere, Starhub Go, Netflix, Viu, Apple Music, Spotify, etc. Note: you may need to use your mobile and the built-in Chromecast function for some of this apps for Mi Box S and Nvidia Shield TV.

I am paying for VIP access to QQ Music, Xiami Music and Youku for my Chinese Entertainment needs on top of SingTel TV. The three VIP access cost me RMB208 (S$42) this year which is very reasonable price to pay.

For English entertainment, I see quite some people here use paid Netflix with paid VPN (for US Netflix).

Last edited:

Hazette1

Reaction score
the box, or buy a new one - many boxes cost less than $50 are much better than infinite box.

How do you get to the screen where there are 1000 channels on the left screen?
All I see is previously are 2 person sitting on a sofa with TV heads and a 10% user loading icon below

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no such things as death of android tv box.

you see the 404 error because your sellers installed the wrong apps.

Such error is quite common so you are right to say no such thing as death of android tv box.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your excellent insight.

I have no hesitation in paying for the legal TV services.

All I want is to watch these two TV news channels which were available previously from my 'infinite' TV box. They are MSNBC and CNN USA , not CNN international which I can get from my existing StarHub TV subscription.

I have check StarHubGo that you mentioned but they don't have these two channels. Incidentally the 'infinite' TV box have 1000 channels compared to 50 from StarHubGo.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

don't think that the tv channels from 'infinite' tv box are legal , or may be worst case for you - not working

may be you should go small claim Tribunals to get your refund if the seller told you otherwise.

next time buy your boxes online at 1/3 or 1/4 the price and install free working apps yourself.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.