NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Origamimosa

Reaction score
How long more 😭

I received a call from MOE RU this AM and the lady asked if I would be in town for the next few weeks because they said that they are still processing my paperwork but would require me to go for medical once they find my documents in order. I actually sent an email to inform them that I would be away for a few weeks hence her call. I also enquired about the next intake, why the status of some that already went for medical last year are still unclear, and whether I could be exempted because I have already done it before under MOE HR. The lady confirmed that the next intake is definitely in June/July, and the reason being “the processing is very different now so it takes longer for some.” Umm.. Ok. Just gotta suck it up 😭😭😞😞

It is an awfully long wait but hang in there, everyone.

Last edited:

Happiness1234

Reaction score
I received a call from MOE RU this AM and the lady asked if I would be in town for the next few weeks because they said that they are still processing my paperwork but would require me to go for medical once they find my documents in order. I actually sent an email to inform them that I would be away for a few weeks hence her call. I also enquired about the next intake, why the status of some that already went for medical last year are still unclear, and whether I could be exempted because I have already done it before under MOE HR. The lady confirmed that the next intake is definitely in June/July, and the reason being “the processing is very different now so it takes longer for some.” Umm.. Ok. Just gotta suck it up 😭😭😞😞

The wait is indeed awful. I’ve been waiting since the july batch. 😭 but thank you so much for the information! Feeling much better after hearing this

Origamimosa

Reaction score
The wait is indeed awful. I’ve been waiting since the july batch. 😭 but thank you so much for the information! Feeling much better after hearing this

I am from the July 2018 batch too! Sigh! I told the lady that a year long wait is beyond my comprehension. She did mention there is another round of interview in Q1 for PGDE though. Let’s just hope our chances are not affected.

Happiness1234

Reaction score
I am from the July 2018 batch too! Sigh! I told the lady that a year long wait is beyond my comprehension. She did mention there is another round of interview in Q1 for PGDE though. Let’s just hope our chances are not affected.

Omg finally i found someone from the july batch! I already did my ept and medical. Just waiting for their email.. may i know whats ur subject? Im doing eng and ss pri PGDE!

nooz17

Reaction score
should i worry if i haven't heard anything since the "processing, expect to start in jun/jul" email?

Mamimo

Reaction score
Thank you very much for sharing origamimosa! Did she give an indication whether it was in Jan or in Feb?
Hope it doesn’t clash with the time you are away!

Origamimosa

Reaction score
Thank you very much for sharing origamimosa! Did she give an indication whether it was in Jan or in Feb?
Hope it doesn’t clash with the time you are away!

The lady did not specify the month but she did say a few weeks to get things in order for me, if my paperwork are in order. However, I have learned to take their word with a HUGE pinch of salt after “4-7 weeks” of response time turned into 6months! Haha! FYI, there is another round of interview that will happen in March so they might actually lump the 2018 applicants with the new applicants. 😞😞😥😥

Hdwrzn

Reaction score
The lady did not specify the month but she did say a few weeks to get things in order for me, if my paperwork are in order. However, I have learned to take their word with a HUGE pinch of salt after “4-7 weeks” of response time turned into 6months! Haha! FYI, there is another round of interview that will happen in March so they might actually lump the 2018 applicants with the new applicants. 😞😞😥😥

What do you mean they will lump the applicants together?! And why?! Are we going to be considered in competition with newer shortlisted candidates? 😮

Origamimosa

Reaction score
What do you mean they will lump the applicants together?! And why?! Are we going to be considered in competition with newer shortlisted candidates? 😮

I do not mean to instill fear and more worry, I am only speculating that they might lump the applications together just like how they lumped the July 2018 batch with Oct 2018 batch. It could be a demand/supply situation.

I have friends who have gotten their letter of offer and are starting their contract teaching next month but were in the Oct batch whereas my application is still at a standstill, and I am from July batch.

Last edited:

Mamimo

Reaction score
Sigh. Is it because of the difference in subjects? Really wonder what their process is like. 😰😰😰.

My sister who is a teacher was telling me that they are over-staffed at moe level but understaffed in schools. Maybe they are “unloading” those on unpaid leave etc first 😂

Have you done your medical btw?

I do not mean to instill fear and more worry, I am only speculating that they might lump the applications together just like how they lumped the July 2018 batch with Oct 2018 batch. It could be a demand/supply situation.

I have friends who have gotten their letter of offer and are starting their contract teaching next month but were in the Oct batch whereas my application is still at a standstill, and I am from July batch.

Origamimosa

Reaction score
Sigh. Is it because of the difference in subjects? Really wonder what their process is like. 😰😰😰.

My sister who is a teacher was telling me that they are over-staffed at moe level but understaffed in schools. Maybe they are “unloading” those on unpaid leave etc first 😂

Have you done your medical btw?

My friends that are starting their contract teaching soon teach a myriad of differing subjects such as pri art, sec Eng/lit and sec POA. I have not done my medical!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.