For wax/polish/detailing, need ur advise

I park at open space under hot sun.
And i dont wash on own.
Usually, snowash at jb only.

So, shld i proceed with grooming?
Vehicle is slz, april 2018

under the hot sun 365 days .... only this works
:s13::s13::s13:
car-umbrella-shield-protect-car-great-accessories-meanaminukki-1804-10-MeanaMinukki@15.jpg

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't say ex. Just not dirt cheap. Which is logical for the quality of work done. It's very fair, imo. A lot of my price comparisons are from when Ah Yuan was at LCH Bros so not sure if still the same but I find sometimes his stockist prices for certain parts(OEM also) can be a bit more.

My rear wheel bearing Ah Yuan quoted was RM380 genuine/RM280 OEM/RM60 labour if part provided. I got done at my alternate workshop that I find equal quality and skill, TS Motor, as their quote was RM330 genuine/RM230 OEM/RM60 labour if part provided. RM50 not very much when converted to SGD but it's a third of my petrol tank refilled there. :s13:

So am I right to say if you don't bring your own parts, ah yuan can be more ex? That reasonable as JB parts usually more ex then at due to their taxes if I not wrong. But labour it seems really one of the cheapest Liao. Anyway, if want cheapest parts, taobao should be unbeatable but buy at your own risk.

Sure rm50 is actually alot. Can have a very decent complete meal or even go for 1 hour massage. Haha

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So am I right to say if you don't bring your own parts, ah yuan can be more ex? That reasonable as JB parts usually more ex then at due to their taxes if I not wrong. But labour it seems really one of the cheapest Liao. Anyway, if want cheapest parts, taobao should be unbeatable but buy at your own risk.

Sure rm50 is actually alot. Can have a very decent complete meal or even go for 1 hour massage. Haha

Even if CarClick up its labour fee by 10-20%, I will still go support them as it’s been a year since people here intro ah yuan.

Sometimes is good to have the same Mechanic to do your car then keep changing a few. Same mech will know and remember your car condition and parts replaced.

Yes I do agree CarClick parts the price abit more expensive compare to last time. I do keep a record when ah yuan quote me price and I see a bit of increase compare to last time when he still at LCH Brothers.

But where to find alignment 25RM And Balacing for 1 Tyre at 5RM
:s13:

Every time my car enter CarClick, this 2 sure do :s13:

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
Even if CarClick up its labour fee by 10-20%, I will still go support them as it’s been a year since people here intro ah yuan.

Sometimes is good to have the same Mechanic to do your car then keep changing a few. Same mech will know and remember your car condition and parts replaced.

Yes I do agree CarClick parts the price abit more expensive compare to last time. I do keep a record when ah yuan quote me price and I see a bit of increase compare to last time when he still at LCH Brothers.

I almost every month also go CarClick :o Until the lch bros xmm went to visit them one day also recognise me liao :s13:

Recently a friend went to We One KSL. Prices are still ok (maybe cuz he do so many things tgt), but they ask my friend to change unnecessary parts loh.

1 ABS sensor down ask him to change all 4, total close to RM1K :( Aiyo... is there a need to chop people like that.

chirpydragon

Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't say ex. Just not dirt cheap. Which is logical for the quality of work done. It's very fair, imo. A lot of my price comparisons are from when Ah Yuan was at LCH Bros so not sure if still the same but I find sometimes his stockist prices for certain parts(OEM also) can be a bit more.

My rear wheel bearing Ah Yuan quoted was RM380 genuine/RM280 OEM/RM60 labour if part provided. I got done at my alternate workshop that I find equal quality and skill, TS Motor, as their quote was RM330 genuine/RM230 OEM/RM60 labour if part provided. RM50 not very much when converted to SGD but it's a third of my petrol tank refilled there. :s13:

I think people should understand that carclick is a new biz so may not have the economy of scale to get cost effective parts... Give him a few years he will scale up to the size of biz to get the price you want...

funky05

Reaction score
I think people should understand that carclick is a new biz so may not have the economy of scale to get cost effective parts... Give him a few years he will scale up to the size of biz to get the price you want...

It's a cycle. When he was at lch, people go there. Now he's at carclick, people go there. Few years later he go another workshop, people go there too.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

this is BIZ 101
lch brothers have 2 branches and both shops have frontage, volume is there.
Carclick hidden in the industrial estate, still very new, no volume. Of cos spare part shops cant give them a better price.

To me, what I want is a honest mechanic and ah yuan fulfills that.

HellHunter

Reaction score

Some parts, yes. I tend to supply part unless really need on the spot or low cost part or just go to my alt shop which has cheaper parts generally. Yeh, the labour is very competitively priced. Taobao can get really good deals but must know how to spot. Sometimes I buy parts from KL or other parts of MY also if can get cheap then mail it.

The price example I gave was from when Ah Yuan was at LCH Bros last year..LCH Bros was actually a lot more busy than TS Motor where I got it done. I think TS is actually quite a new shop, saw Google maps, they weren't there in 2015. I haven't used CarClick that much yet or compared prices since.

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some parts, yes. I tend to supply part unless really need on the spot or low cost part or just go to my alt shop which has cheaper parts generally. Yeh, the labour is very competitively priced. Taobao can get really good deals but must know how to spot. Sometimes I buy parts from KL or other parts of MY also if can get cheap then mail it.

The price example I gave was from when Ah Yuan was at LCH Bros last year..LCH Bros was actually a lot more busy than TS Motor where I got it done. I think TS is actually quite a new shop, saw Google maps, they weren't there in 2015. I haven't used CarClick that much yet or compared prices since.

Wah bro, can share which shop or online platform you use for online parts from Malaysia? Thanks

HellHunter

Reaction score
Wah bro, can share which shop or online platform you use for online parts from Malaysia? Thanks

Ususally I do a multipronged search. The usual MY sites like Carousell/Gumtree where people/companies list like: https://www.lelong.com.my/
https://www.mudah.my/
Then the MY version sites of Shopee and Lazada etc. :
https://shopee.com.my/
https://www.lazada.com.my/
Then google generally with keywords like malaysia, selangor, johor, etc. and find shop contacts as a lot(most?) MY shops don't list online so need to check if they have something by calling or messaging.
Then if still need, last ditch is Facebook groups for Malaysia buy/sell, can list wanted ad or source some shop from the postings. Some are very active, see by number of members and join the most populated ones.

Sorry bro, not really a precise answer of where. I cast a wide net. :o

Last edited:

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do they do alignment at their shop? Or they drive somewhere?

xVrooMx

Reaction score
This is a typical JB workshop style. Change only critical and necessary only. Even die die must change, workshop will ask car left how long or indent to renew or not....

This is what i like about JB workshop:s13:

Yea agree, still rmb decades ago my eg9 also go jb service.. same situation only change critical n necessary items haha

xVrooMx

Reaction score
Just some info for you guys. When to Carclick last week to fix my suspension. Did a check in SG and was told to change quite a number of parts (Absorber, linkage, linkage bush, lower arm, absorber mount, stopper) but Ah Yuan say some of those parts I mentioned still working well, end up only change absorber, linkage and linkage bush. 1 week passed, so far so good. =D He really helped me to save quite alot/QUOTE]

Just want to add that for my case Ah Hong saw the shock bush spoilt, and recommended to change. So they will check and change if necessary.

Anyway Singapore also has good workshops that don't ask you to change parts that are still ok. But they are still more exp. What to do, rent and labour more exp in Sgp.

Awesome bro, yea I had very good experience with Carclick too.. usually I find Ah Yuan nvr rlly spoken to Ah Hong.. need to break the ice hahha..

SG workshop usually for oil change.. so far nvr rlly experience good workshop where they don't ask to change parts that are still ok.. only hear say before haha..

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Good that Carclick also provides alignment and balancing.... Not many repair workshops have this service.
Unless go there for repairs/ servicing or nearby his shop area, guess not many will go there just for their alignment and balancing services.

Alignment at RM25 for all cars?

Last edited:

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do they do alignment at their shop? Or they drive somewhere?

Machine is inside the shop, ah Hong or yuan will drive your car out for a spin after alignment.

I do see some ws in JB don’t have the alignment and balancing service.
Usually is those got sell tires ws then have.

So is a plus to have it inside the ws.

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good that Carclick also provides alignment and balancing.... Not many repair workshops have this service.
Unless go there for repairs/ servicing or nearby his shop area, guess not many will go there just for their alignment and balancing services.

Alignment at RM25 for all cars?

Yes bro but 25RM is the cheapest u can find in JB.
I have try other ws provide alignment services at 40-60RM

For all cars this one need to check with ah yuan.
For my sedan car is 25RM standard price.

Usually I don’t ask how much cos I know the price Liao.
Only ask them quite labour works.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes bro but 25RM is the cheapest u can find in JB.
I have try other ws provide alignment services at 40-60RM

For all cars this one need to check with ah yuan.
For my sedan car is 25RM standard price.

Usually I don’t ask how much cos I know the price Liao.
Only ask them quite labour works.

Yeah, typically ard 40-60 for shops in down town JB. 25RM is good price.
So far cheapest i got was RM20, originally RM30. Got a discount when i install 2 new tires.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.