Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

tomicaguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you planning on subscribing to the Starhub TV Go pack?

If not, why would you even consider this option? Based on my limited understanding, there are better Android TV sets on the market like the Mi Box S that probably has more apps support.

Is Viu not supported on other Android TV sets?

Yes intend to subscribe to go pack. I know its $14.90/mth after the free 6 months.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not correct. Starhub GO has two type. What is said is one type where you have fibre Tv and Starhub GO and the other type is just subscribe the Starhub GO pack like Starhub GO select $9.90/mth and you can watch it with the app and cast it to your chromecast on your TV. For Singtel GO it is not possible and you need to have fibre TV.

Since you have the Starhub Go Streaming Box... questions;

1) Is Starhub Go "Live TV" channels available in the Streaming box.
Not referring to Family pack where it listed all available channels in the brochure.
For example; for those TV subscribed "Live TV" channels available in Starhub Go which are able to watch via web/app in other phones/devices.

2) Is the chromecast able to cast those subscribed live tv channels as per in qn#1 from the Streaming box.

3) Understand Toggle app not available in Streaming Box yet, any other options for to watch local free-to-air channels.

Just curious to know... thanks.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since you have the Starhub Go Streaming Box... questions;

1) Is Starhub Go "Live TV" channels available in the Streaming box.
Not referring to Family pack where it listed all available channels in the brochure.
For example; for those TV subscribed "Live TV" channels available in Starhub Go which are able to watch via web/app in other phones/devices.

2) Is the chromecast able to cast those subscribed live tv channels as per in qn#1 from the Streaming box.

3) Understand Toggle app not available in Streaming Box yet, any other options for to watch local free-to-air channels.

Just curious to know... thanks.

1) and 2) No, the live TV channels in Starhub GO box is not the same as fibre TV live channel. However i can use my Starhub GO app on my phone to watch some of the fibre TV channels then i cast it to my Starhub streaming box to watch on my TV. Live TV on Starhub Go box is their family pack $14.90/mth after 6 mths free.

3) No Toggle yet. I have smart TV so i can watch toggle on my own TV without any box. I can watch with mobile phone then cast to Starhub streaming box to watch on TV too.

If you want to watch some of your fibre Tv channels on your bedroom TV, you can just get a chromecast. Just cast from phone to TV.

Last edited:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) and 2) No, the live TV channels in Starhub GO box is not the same as fibre TV live channel. However i can use my Starhub GO app on my phone to watch some of the fibre TV channels then i cast it to my Starhub streaming box to watch on my TV. Live TV on Starhub Go box is their family pack $14.90/mth after 6 mths free.

3) No Toggle yet. I have smart TV so i can watch toggle on my own TV without any box. I can watch with mobile phone then cast to Starhub streaming box to watch on TV too.

If you want to watch some of your fibre Tv channels on your bedroom TV, you can just get a chromecast. Just cast from phone to TV.

Noted & thanks for the info.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently my Starhub is stable. Quite decent speed.

7927615538.png

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was told can use fibre tv with other ISP, just need to pay extra, anyone can verify?

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was told can use fibre tv with other ISP, just need to pay extra, anyone can verify?

That was what one of the CSO on Starhub Community Forum said. Maybe it's hidden in some obscure T&C.

Alternatively, you have the option to subscribe to StarHub Fibre TV service without StarHub Fibre Broadband service. However, an additional $16.05/month Fibre Link Access Fee will apply.

SOURCE: SH Community Forum

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those looking for an alternative to Starhub Fibre. And does not or cannot lay trunking to your room, I have confirmed that Singtel does offers a wireless solution (though a wired connection is still recommended of cos)

It will be neater if you opt for a Singtel Fibre BB+TV package.

If you opt not to take up Singtel Fibre BB, then you need to get the wifi mesh on your own and pay for an FTP activation fee (for the 2nd port). And probably missed out on some discounts.

But it's an option to consider if you still want Fibre TV of some sort.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those looking for an alternative to Starhub Fibre. And does not or cannot lay trunking to your room, I have confirmed that Singtel does offers a wireless solution (though a wired connection is still recommended of cos)

It will be neater if you opt for a Singtel Fibre BB+TV package.

If you opt not to take up Singtel Fibre BB, then you need to get the wifi mesh on your own and pay for an FTP activation fee (for the 2nd port). And probably missed out on some discounts.

But it's an option to consider if you still want Fibre TV of some sort.

Starhub also has contractor that can do the cable nicely.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Can I apply StarHub fibre tv tag to another isp?

My 2 fibre ports are used up so can’t apply another one.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Which 2 ISP?
No but you can take up their streaming box. I suggest you give up one of the ISP to get Starhub. If i remember correctly, for landed, NLT can do another one TP (pay service).

Last edited:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What do you want so many for ....

Anyone using Starhub cable and lagging?

I lagging sia..
View one forum also need to take 5 secs to load!!

Analog TV Programmes no more liao

Just now turn on tv all my screen black and white. :(

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which 2 ISP?
No but you can take up their streaming box. I suggest you give up one of the ISP to get Starhub. If i remember correctly, for landed, NLT can do another one TP (pay service).

Already many suggestions given but not response or anything afterwards.

Wasted time to provide anything useful to OP....:s22::s22::s22:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do not know what he actually want to do.
Again created another thread at EDMW about Set Top box..
Don't know how many more threads to ask.

Well I am now waiting to recontract HomeHub.. already almost an hour in the queue.

alex22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Again created another thread at EDMW about Set Top box..
Don't know how many more threads to ask.

Well I am now waiting to recontract HomeHub.. already almost an hour in the queue.

lol iirc he's the kid whose parents decided to stop paying for domestic internet for him, prompting him to seek other solutions on his own dime.

Nice lorlax there lol

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.