Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
and the bluetooth audiobook thingy.

The screen is now flat, with the feeling approaching the Oasis'. There's no need to upgrade if the previous version is doing fine. The new one is the best looking Paperwhite though.

does seem like a worthwhile upgrade - hmm but kinda feel my next one should be an Oasis :/

Coolzs

Reaction score
Having "internal error" when setting up my kindle paperwhite. Any1 can assist how to solve this issue? Thanks

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
does seem like a worthwhile upgrade - hmm but kinda feel my next one should be an Oasis :/

oasis really not worth the monie , so ex just for physical button and the odd shape. cos the rest ( waterproof , bluetooth , interface ,custom fonts , flush screen , memory size 8/32gb) is same as the new PW4 now.

nicepal

Reaction score
oasis really not worth the monie , so ex just for physical button and the odd shape. cos the rest ( waterproof , bluetooth , interface ,custom fonts , flush screen , memory size 8/32gb) is same as the new PW4 now.

at usd129/8GB wifi model is much affordable.

seems amazon is pushing either the lower model or the oasis... as selecting the PW4 with Cellular will force to 32GB and selling at usd249.. (same price as the oasis)...

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

would have jumped on this... until I realise there's no USB-C

Kahlan

Master Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a kindle. Finding it a strain to read on my mobile.

Not sure if i should get the basic kindle (7th generation) or the new paperwhite 2018 edition. Still trying to see where i can find the "cheapest" place or set to buy.

any advice for basic reason should i just get the basic kindle or buy the new paperwhite 2018. Read that there's not much difference. Not sure if it is worth paying US$50 for the new 2018 edition

mlwang

Master Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a kindle. Finding it a strain to read on my mobile.

Not sure if i should get the basic kindle (7th generation) or the new paperwhite 2018 edition. Still trying to see where i can find the "cheapest" place or set to buy.

any advice for basic reason should i just get the basic kindle or buy the new paperwhite 2018. Read that there's not much difference. Not sure if it is worth paying US$50 for the new 2018 edition

Basic kindle dont have backlight, cant read in the dark. I would go for the new Paperwhite.

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
i just got my new PW4 , one comment i can say is , the screen not as good as the previous generations ( PW1 / kindle keyboard etc etc ) its reflective. so in office or place with strong florescent lightning, you will be staring at some bright white spot when trying to read.

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
at usd129/8GB wifi model is much affordable.

seems amazon is pushing either the lower model or the oasis... as selecting the PW4 with Cellular will force to 32GB and selling at usd249.. (same price as the oasis)...

i got my pw4 32GB ( after trade in and xmas discount) for USD 54 .. so it depends on how low u wanna go

JinnyInTheBottle

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got my pw4 from amazon usa(they were having some X'mas promo USD70++)
I used ezbuy as a forwarder, send back to SG only lesser than SGD$8

btw anyone has the geekbite 8K book collection? SIC leh

kaya14

Reaction score

I would like to have the link for geekbite too xD

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 4X using GAGT

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score

wah ezbuy so cheap ah... comgateway tried to charge me 26 usd but i use the new user promo code to defray the cost. how long does ezbuy take to ship to u?

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
anyone here signed Kindle Unlimited?
thinking of signing some magazines... thought of Magster, etc. (looking at WIRED primarily)

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks - do you use it too?
sadly they have Wired UK and not WIRED
i'd clear every cookies / log / cache
i had previously had a US sub.. i stopped using since i havent been reading much

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i'd clear every cookies / log / cache
i had previously had a US sub.. i stopped using since i havent been reading much

haven't been able to buy Amazon Digital Services (TVs, etc.)
- say my payment method not US - worked previously :/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.