2018 iPad Pro

ALacs

Reaction score
anyone knows where to get a solid ipad pro 11" case like otterbox depender yet? checked the stores locally, no stock yet and the rest of the cases offer quite basic protection.

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro, no leather ah ? Smell gao gao ! 😆

Hehe joined the iPad pro club liao.

Any good apps to intro?

I bought Luma fusion for video editing

What about photo editing which app is the best besides Adobe CC?

Q3hhRdG.jpg

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thickness of the material aside, I believe the rigidity is dependant on the way they design the structure. This is not the first time this bendgate happened, ie, starting with iPhone 6 Plus. Apple later revised the design internally to strengthen the structure. This is also a result of Apple's obsession with making their products ever thinner.

True also. Perhaps the frame itself isn’t so sturdy. Even though Apple’s target is to make the new iPad Pros as thin and light as possible, being so costly also shouldn’t be compromising the structure of it.

The science of it is the larger the surface area and also the thinner it is, bending is more susceptible, talking about similar materials. Apple stating that it’s normal to be slightly bent right out the box due to bonding process to me is not acceptable. If I paid over $1k for the device, I expected it to be in good condition aesthetically as well and not with flaws which you can obviously see, especially when it’s brand new.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hehe joined the iPad pro club liao.

Any good apps to intro?

I bought Luma fusion for video editing

What about photo editing which app is the best besides Adobe CC?

Q3hhRdG.jpg

I’d still just go with Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom but I’m using it on my MBP instead. If you wish to try others, Pixelmator is also a good second choice.

And oh yes, also welcome you to the iPad Pro club but for me, I’m using the 2017 model.

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw do i have to get that pencil ?

i dun or rather i can't draw lol...any other uses for it ?

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’d still just go with Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom but I’m using it on my MBP instead. If you wish to try others, Pixelmator is also a good second choice.

And oh yes, also welcome you to the iPad Pro club but for me, I’m using the 2017 model.

btw LR need to subscribe then can use right ?

Parka

Master Member
Reaction score
btw do i have to get that pencil ?

i dun or rather i can't draw lol...any other uses for it ?

If you have no need for it, there's not need to buy.

Spend one month with your iPad Pro first and see if you need it.

altca4

Reaction score
iPad Pro 11 inch owner here.
I encounter 3 issues today:
1)I can’t save photos taken / they would not appear on the default apple photo app
2)when I click onto the newly taken photos through the camera app, the options to edit or delete are greyed out
3)the new photos are all blurry (a lot more than what the screen preview shows while taking)

I have ample local and iCloud storage and also restarted the device twice but issue still persist.
I wonder why...?
Anyone encounter the above issue?
Appreciate advices

svpreme

Reaction score
i suggest you do a full back up on itunes then restore the ipad

iPad Pro 11 inch owner here.
I encounter 3 issues today:
1)I can’t save photos taken / they would not appear on the default apple photo app
2)when I click onto the newly taken photos through the camera app, the options to edit or delete are greyed out
3)the new photos are all blurry (a lot more than what the screen preview shows while taking)

I have ample local and iCloud storage and also restarted the device twice but issue still persist.
I wonder why...?
Anyone encounter the above issue?
Appreciate advices

tec_geek

Reaction score
From Apple’s Support Page:

iPad Pro unibody enclosure design
Learn more about how the enclosure is made and tested.

The design of these new iPad Pro models incorporates a precision aluminum unibody enclosure that is strong, light, and durable. Instead of the curved edges found on previous-generation iPad models, these new iPad Pro models feature a rectangular design with straight edges that efficiently packages the advanced technologies inside.

About iPad Pro cellular models
iPad Pro cellular models now feature Gigabit-class LTE, with support for more cellular bands than any other tablet. To provide optimal cellular performance, small vertical bands or “splits” in the sides of the iPad allow parts of the enclosure to function as cellular antennas. For the first time ever on an iPad, these bands are manufactured using a process called co-molding. In this high-temperature process, plastic is injected into precisely milled channels in the aluminum enclosure where it bonds to micro-pores in the aluminum surface. After the plastic cools, the entire enclosure is finished with a precision CNC machining operation, yielding a seamless integration of plastic and aluminum into a single, strong enclosure.

These precision manufacturing techniques and a rigorous inspection process ensure that these new iPad Pro models meet an even tighter specification for flatness than previous generations. This flatness specification allows for no more than 400 microns of deviation across the length of any side — less than the thickness of four sheets....

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209403

via 9to5Mac: https://9to5mac.com/2019/01/05/apple-ipad-pro-flatness/

spunkbrat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So much talk about precision yet still some came out bent, guess its not that precise after all.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine came out bent like this out of box. is it not normal? how about you folks?
Mine also a little bit bent just like the YouTube video. But I dun care as long as its usable. Just got a hard case and no issue with me.

wedgehammer

Reaction score
Mine also a little bit bent just like the YouTube video. But I dun care as long as its usable. Just got a hard case and no issue with me.

mine also just a tiny bit like that, not straight, bend very very slightly. im fine as long as it doesn't get worse than that

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
If your iPad bend then you will have issue with the Apple folio keyboard case

Even if you put tempered glass also will have bubbles due to the bend screen

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Of course not normal.
If you see the Apple promo video on the iPad Pro, it’s straight

Maybe it bend for the first few batch, subsequent batch won’t have this issue I hope

mine came out bent like this out of box. is it not normal? how about you folks?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.